Various Thoughts

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Was anyone else watching a lot of hurricane coverage over the weekend, hoping to catch some random "government agent" telling Houstonians to stay at home and enjoy Howard Stern's butt juice??

"Just stay on your roof and wait for Robin Quivers' pontoon boat breasts."

I was thinking more along the lines of:

"I WANT MY POWER!"
"SOMEBODY RAPE ME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!"
"I FEEL LIKE BLOWING MY MIND UP!"

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Remembering how that photo was an air-brushed fraud when it was first published. Oh Howard! Where was the honesty then? It really freaks me out... Somehow also reminding me of the freakish Richard and Sal running around totally shaven. I know, I know.... I need to get a life.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Remembering how that photo was an air-brushed fraud when it was first published. Oh Howard! Where was the honesty then? It really freaks me out... Somehow also reminding me of the freakish Richard and Sal running around totally shaven. I know, I know.... I need to get a life.
Just to remind you of how stale and abandoned the marketing department at SXM is, that picture (circa 2004) is STILL used today as the image for THSS.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Just to remind you of how stale and abandoned the marketing department at SXM is, that picture (circa 2004) is STILL used today as the image for THSS.

TBH... Have you seen current images of Howard? Ugh. That beard thing isn't doing him any good.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
If he would just put on a few pounds it would go a long way to making him look normal 60 something human being. Has he lost earrings yet?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
List of The Howard Stern Show staff - Wikipedia

Ron Tarrant is listed as the voice of the show. I never knew why George got the "announcer" title, especially when he's only heard from when in the studio. George has always seemed more like "occasional guest" (in the early years of Sirius) and "friend of the show."

I'm surprised no one mentioned this other thing... they did away with all the bumpers on either side of breaks. No more phony phone calls (before and after) and songs after the breaks. Howard or Fred mentions how they have to break and then Howard goes into the live read. They also seemed to do away with the short-lived "break by 30 minutes into the show" from a few years ago.

I'm sure the news is unlistenable, however.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'd imagine that one day's Sternthology is replayed the next morning. Anyway, this morning, Sternthology had Bubba shocking Richard's and Sal's balls and Akira's and Jess' puss.

That was a good day in the history of the show.

Maria Menounos is on the Today Show talking about her whole cancer thing. I'm listening to the girls on the Sybian and I'm pretty sure Maria just name-dropped Howard Stern.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm surprised no one mentioned this other thing... they did away with all the bumpers on either side of breaks. No more phony phone calls (before and after) and songs after the breaks. Howard or Fred mentions how they have to break and then Howard goes into the live read. They also seemed to do away with the short-lived "break by 30 minutes into the show" from a few years ago.

I'm sure the news is unlistenable, however.
I'm still hearing bits going into/coming out of some of the breaks. My problem is that the "live reads" used to be more formalized and spaced out, so you could skip over them. Now he goes into a live read with no planning, he's commenting on something, or Robin's saying something, then - boom - live read. And they go on and on.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I am still hearing phony phone calls. Richard uses the same voice every time. I'm tired of it. I am also tired of calls to Chinese restaurants. The hilarity is that they do not speak English very well. Can't they aim their sights a little higher?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I am still hearing phony phone calls. Richard uses the same voice every time. I'm tired of it. I am also tired of calls to Chinese restaurants. The hilarity is that they do not speak English very well. Can't they aim their sights a little higher?

Maybe I've mentally blocked them out. Then again, I only really listen to maaaaybe the first two hours on a good day.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Maybe I've mentally blocked them out. Then again, I only really listen to maaaaybe the first two hours on a good day.
It's definitely later in the show that they start "running out the clock" by inserting pre- and post- commercial bits. Early in the show, he tends to go until Fred tells him he has to break, and there's no time for fooling around, because there's usually a guest or a planned topic to cover.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I never go into the app beyond the live channels... but there is a WORLD of stuff in the "on demand" section.

"He's a self-proclaimed half-Jew who became the self-described King of All Media...She's unable to speak, ladies and gentlemen. The Sybian is doing its job."

Sadly, a huge chunk seems to be missing...

Part 10 covers a lot... Beetlejuice, Jackie leaving, the Jackie Chair, the FCC crackdown and 12/16/2006...
No 9/11 stuff... :( ... this has GOT to be a "best-of" thing.

The original series was five episodes the first year and two weeks for 2-3 years after that...right??

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
"He's a self-proclaimed half-Jew who became the self-described King of All Media...She's unable to speak, ladies and gentlemen. The Sybian is doing its job."

This is interesting. He claims today that calling himself half Jewish was a joke. I was like 13 when I started listening (crazy to think I've been listening for 20 years now) so it very well may have gone over my head at the time but I always thought he was serious. How do you guys remember that time?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
This is interesting. He claims today that calling himself half Jewish was a joke. I was like 13 when I started listening (crazy to think I've been listening for 20 years now) so it very well may have gone over my head at the time but I always thought he was serious. How do you guys remember that time?

I started listening about the same time, but I'm older than you. I always took it to be odd, like he was ashamed, but yes. He always seemed sincere to me too.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This is interesting. He claims today that calling himself half Jewish was a joke. I was like 13 when I started listening (crazy to think I've been listening for 20 years now) so it very well may have gone over my head at the time but I always thought he was serious.
I started listening about the same time, but I'm older than you. I always took it to be odd, like he was ashamed, but yes. He always seemed sincere to me too.
Wow, I'm speechless. He's so obviously a "jewy-Jew" from 2 Holocaust-surviving parents - that's what makes it such a good joke. It's like all those times he uses Yiddish phrases and calls it Italian.

Reactions: Bark and HecticArt

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I remember the joke about him being Jewish, if only to claim more vacation time. He used to take a lot of the "Jewish holidays" off. Then again, under his current contract system, it's easy for these days to go unnoticed by the fans.

Remember a few years ago when he mentioned having to pray/meditate a lot because something serious was on his mind? That's the first time he's mentioned anything religous in a while.

However, isn't at least one of his daughters heavily Jewish?

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard did the whole Jewish thing. Only son...thus a Jewish prince. Took Hebrew lessons for his Bar Mitzvah, made his Bar Mitzvah (as Zvi if recall correctly), went to Jewish camp, married a Jewish girl. It was Alison his first wife that made him take the Jewish holy days off and who, I assume, made the one daughter so devout. I remember the time he needed spiritual guidance because of something bad but since then he has repeated his belief that every religion is no better than some guy worshipping a rock. Now he is married to a Catholic (or former Catholic) so those high holy days are in his rear view mirror. As for saying he was half-Jewish, he has said more than once that he made that up so that people would only half hate him.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It's just like the "tiny penis". He doesn't have a tiny penis. He's clarified on several occasions that it's at least average. Whether it's average for an average guy, or average for Big Bird, I don't know. But it's all a joke, just self-deprecating humor. Like being half-Jewish.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
It's just like the "tiny penis". He doesn't have a tiny penis. He's clarified on several occasions that it's at least average. Whether it's average for an average guy, or average for Big Bird, I don't know. But it's all a joke, just self-deprecating humor. Like being half-Jewish.

I think he said it was average when erect but like a light switch when limp.