80s0n8 Big 40 Countdown Schedule

1987

40. I WANNA GO BACK - EDDIE MONEY
39. (YOU GOTTA) FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT (TO PARTY!) - BEASTIE BOYS
38. LOVE IS FOREVER - BILLY OCEAN
37. I'LL BE ALRIGHT WITHOUT YOU - JOURNEY
36. SOMEWHERE OUT THERE - LINDA RONSTADT AND JAMES INGRAM
35. WAR - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND
34. JACOB'S LADDER - HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS
33. JIMMY LEE - ARETHA FRANKLIN
32. BIG TIME - PETER GABRIEL
31. STAND BY ME - BEN E. KING
30. STAY THE NIGHT - BENJAMIN ORR
29. TALK TO ME - CHICO DEBARGE
28. FALLING IN LOVE (UH-OH) - MIAMI SOUND MACHINE
27. THE WAY IT IS - BRUCE HORNSBY & THE RANGE
26. NOBODY'S FOOL - CINDERELLA
25. YOU GOT IT ALL - THE JETS
24. STOP TO LOVE - LUTHER VANDROSS
23. ALL I WANTED - KANSAS
22. EVERYBODY HAVE FUN TONIGHT - WANG CHUNG
21. THIS IS THE TIME - BILLY JOEL
20. LOVE YOU DOWN - READY FOR THE WORLD
19. BALLERINA GIRL - LIONEL RICHIE
18. COMING AROUND AGAIN - CARLY SIMON
17. WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME - CHICAGO
16. WE'RE READY - BOSTON
15. LIVIN' ON A PRAYER - BON JOVI
14. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF - THE GEORGIA SATELLITES
13. NOTORIOUS - DURAN DURAN
12. TOUCH ME (I WANT YOUR BODY) - SAMANTHA FOX
11. WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN - THE BANGLES
10. VICTORY - KOOL & THE GANG
9. IS THIS LOVE - SURVIVOR
8. CHANGE OF HEART - CYNDI LAUPER
7. SOMEDAY - GLASS TIGER
6. LAND OF CONFUSION - GENESIS
5. CONTROL - JANET JACKSON
4. OPEN YOUR HEART - MADONNA
3. SHAKE YOU DOWN - GREGORY ABBOTT
2. C'EST LA VIE - ROBBIE NEVIL
1. AT THIS MOMENT - BILLY VERA & THE BEATERS

Sorry to reply so late to this one but in MY opinion this was during a period of excellent music during a period of 1987-88. Of course but the time fall of 87 hit I was beginning to suffer from some significant personal problems that would take about two years to fix but the last 4 months of 1986 and the first 9 months or so of 1987 life was actually pretty good for a 15 year old.
 
I leave the country for a year & Donnie makes a comeback.

His talkshow wasn't too bad
When this song hit the charts I was a bit surprised as well but I was seriously beginning to look at a career in radio at this time so I payed more attention than usual to the charts as I was getting ready to enter my Senior year of high school when important decisions had to be made.
 

The following are in my like category:

39. MISUNDERSTANDING - GENESIS
36. RIDE LIKE THE WIND - CHRISTOPHER CROSS
35. GIMME SOME LOVIN' - THE BLUES BROTHERS
34. ALL NIGHT LONG - JOE WALSH
32. THEME FROM NEW YORK, NEW YORK - FRANK SINATRA
28. I'M ALIVE - ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA
27. WE LIVE FOR LOVE - PAT BENATAR
26. LOST IN LOVE - AIR SUPPLY
25. WONDERING WHERE THE LIONS ARE - BRUCE COCKBURN
24. MAGIC - OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN
23. SEXY EYES - DR. HOOK
20. TIRED OF TOEIN' THE LINE - ROCKY BURNETTE
17. BRASS IN POCKET - THE PRETENDERS
12. CALL ME - BLONDIE
11. CUPID/I'VE LOVED YOU FOR A LONG TIME - THE SPINNERS
9. CARS - GARY NUMAN
8. STEAL AWAY - ROBBIE DUPREE
7. LITTLE JEANNIE - ELTON JOHN
6. IT'S STILL ROCK AND ROLL TO ME - BILLY JOEL
5. AGAINST THE WIND - BOB SEGER
4. THE ROSE - BETTE MIDLER
2. COMING UP - PAUL MCCARTNEY & WINGS
1. FUNKYTOWN - LIPPS, INC.

The following in my dislike category:

38. ANGELS SAY NO - TOMMY TUTONE
37. WE WERE MEANT TO BE LOVERS - PHOTOGLO
31. TWO PLACES AT THE SAME TIME - RAYDIO
30. TWILIGHT ZONE - THE MANHATTAN TRANSFER
21. SHOULD'VE NEVER LET YOU GO - NEIL & DARA SEDAKA
18. STOMP - THE BROTHERS JOHNSON
13. LET'S GET SERIOUS - JERMAINE JACKSON
10. SHE'S OUT OF MY LIFE - MICHAEL JACKSON

The rest in my don't care category.
 
1986

40. HIGHER LOVE - STEVE WINWOOD
39. HYPERACTIVE - ROBERT PALMER
38. TAKE IT EASY - ANDY TAYLOR
37. GREATEST LOVE OF ALL - WHITNEY HOUSTON
36. YOU SHOULD BE MINE (THE WOO WOO SONG) - JEFFEREY OSBORNE
35. PAPA DON'T PREACH - MADONNA
34. SOMETHING ABOUT YOU - LEVEL 42
33. ONE HIT (TO THE BODY) - THE ROLLING STONES
32. IF SHE KNEW WHAT SHE WANTS - BANGLES
31. SECRET SEPARATION - THE FIXX
30. VIENNA CALLING - FALCO
29. WE DON'T HAVE TO TAKE OUT CLOTHES OFF - JERMAINE STEWART
28. NOTHIN' AT ALL- HEART
27. DIGGING YOUR SCENE - BLOW MONKEYS
26. I CAN'T WAIT - NU SHOOZ
25. MODERN WOMAN - BILLY JOEL
24. DREAMS - VAN HALEN
23. MOUNTAINS - PRINCE & THE REVOLUTION
22. MAD ABOUT YOU - BELINDA CARLISLE
21. LOVE TOUCH - ROD STEWART
20. LIVE TO TELL - MADONNA
19. GLORY OF LOVE - PETER CETERA
18. OPPORTUNITIES (LET'S MAKE LOTS OF MONEY) - PET SHOP BOYS
17. I WANNA BE A COWBOY - BOYS DON'T CRY
16. A DIFFERENT CORNER - GEORGE MICHAEL
15. WHEN THE HEART RULES THE MIND - GTR
14. LIKE NO OTHER NIGHT - .38 SPECIAL
13. LIKE A ROCK - BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND
12. YOUR WILDEST DREAMS - MOODY BLUES
11. TUFF ENUFF - THE FABULOUS THUNDERBIRDS
10. DANGER ZONE - KENNY LOGGINS
9. SLEDGEHAMMER - PETER GABRIEL
8. ON MY OWN - PATTI LABELLE & MICHAEL MCDONALD
7. CRUSH ON YOU - THE JETS
6. INVISIBLE TOUCH - GENESIS
5. NASTY - JANET JACKSON
4. NO ONE IS TO BLAME - HOWARD JONES
3. WHO'S JOHNNY - EL DEBARGE
2. HOLDING BACK THE YEARS - SIMPLY RED
1.THERE'LL BE SAD SONGS (TO MAKE YOU CRY) - BILLY OCEAN
 

By 1986 music was already getting polluted by crap like this (double crap for the ones in bold):

37. GREATEST LOVE OF ALL - WHITNEY HOUSTON
29. WE DON'T HAVE TO TAKE OUT CLOTHES OFF - JERMAINE STEWART
27. DIGGING YOUR SCENE - BLOW MONKEYS
26. I CAN'T WAIT - NU SHOOZ
16. A DIFFERENT CORNER - GEORGE MICHAEL
8. ON MY OWN - PATTI LABELLE & MICHAEL MCDONALD
5. NASTY - JANET JACKSON

Some good songs remain:

40. HIGHER LOVE - STEVE WINWOOD
34. SOMETHING ABOUT YOU - LEVEL 42
33. ONE HIT (TO THE BODY) - THE ROLLING STONES
22. MAD ABOUT YOU - BELINDA CARLISLE
21. LOVE TOUCH - ROD STEWART
17. I WANNA BE A COWBOY - BOYS DON'T CRY (this is a guilty pleasure. I should hate this song but I like it)
13. LIKE A ROCK - BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND
12. YOUR WILDEST DREAMS - MOODY BLUES
10. DANGER ZONE - KENNY LOGGINS
9. SLEDGEHAMMER - PETER GABRIEL
4. NO ONE IS TO BLAME - HOWARD JONES
3. WHO'S JOHNNY - EL DEBARGE

The rest are ones I don't care one way or the other on.
 
40. HIGHER LOVE - STEVE WINWOOD
9. SLEDGEHAMMER - PETER GABRIEL


Two albums I used to listen to almost daily!

39. HYPERACTIVE - ROBERT PALMER

Missed this one back in the day. Not bad though.

38. TAKE IT EASY - ANDY TAYLOR

Dat signature guitar style/sound of Andy. QWANK QWANK... QWAWANK QWANK! Totally forgot about this one. Not rushing out to buy it, but not bad.

27. DIGGING YOUR SCENE - BLOW MONKEYS
25. MODERN WOMAN - BILLY JOEL
14. LIKE NO OTHER NIGHT - .38 SPECIAL


Never heard these ones back in the day. File under: Lost hits that surely are not missed.

16. A DIFFERENT CORNER - GEORGE MICHAEL

/puke

3. WHO'S JOHNNY - EL DEBARGE

I had long forgotten this song exists. I want it to go back to being that way. Admittedly catchy, but cheesier than a tour of the Cracker Barrel factory.

2. HOLDING BACK THE YEARS - SIMPLY RED

I know these guys have talent, but I've never been able to stand anything they did.
 
40. HIGHER LOVE - STEVE WINWOOD
9. SLEDGEHAMMER - PETER GABRIEL


Two albums I used to listen to almost daily!

39. HYPERACTIVE - ROBERT PALMER

Missed this one back in the day. Not bad though.

38. TAKE IT EASY - ANDY TAYLOR

Dat signature guitar style/sound of Andy. QWANK QWANK... QWAWANK QWANK! Totally forgot about this one. Not rushing out to buy it, but not bad.

27. DIGGING YOUR SCENE - BLOW MONKEYS
25. MODERN WOMAN - BILLY JOEL
14. LIKE NO OTHER NIGHT - .38 SPECIAL


Never heard these ones back in the day. File under: Lost hits that surely are not missed.

16. A DIFFERENT CORNER - GEORGE MICHAEL

/puke

3. WHO'S JOHNNY - EL DEBARGE

I had long forgotten this song exists. I want it to go back to being that way. Admittedly catchy, but cheesier than a tour of the Cracker Barrel factory.

2. HOLDING BACK THE YEARS - SIMPLY RED

I know these guys have talent, but I've never been able to stand anything they did.
:iagree:
 
I guess Martha Quinn is gone from the Weekday lineup? I notice they have a new weekday schedule now on the website. She still is on the Big 40 countdown though.
 
I guess Martha Quinn is gone from the Weekday lineup? I notice they have a new weekday schedule now on the website. She still is on the Big 40 countdown though.
She was only on for trivia in Sirius days. Then they added her for countdown and then they gave her a shift. Maybe she is backing off again.
 
Last month, Martha took a job on an FM station (iHeart80sRadio)

Twice in June, she said she'll still be doing the VJ Big 40
-- Twitter
-- Twitter

Two weeks ago, Martha was on the VJ Big 40 and said with a chuckle... "What'd you think? I'd let these guys do this without me!"

Last week, Martha wasn't on the VJ Big 40 and nobody said that she had the week off, which is typically done when someone is missing.

Be curious to see if Martha is on the Big 40 tonight...
 
Martha doesn't seem to me like she wanted to be at SXM. She was the last of the living, original VJs to come aboard. She's the 1st to leave.

Almost like she doesn't like living in the shadow of her MTV days, yet she makes a living out of her MTV days
 
They all had a best selling book about their MTV days a year or so ago. Howard 100 is re running the interview they had with him all day today. Not sure if it's a wise move to work for I Heart with their bankruptcy rumors and with them being 21 billion in debt. She may be back on SXM soon if that happens.
 
Back
Top Bottom