2017 Movies & Tv Show



Hmm, let's see indecent exposure and possession of child pornography.

daily-news-nynyd.jpg
 
Last edited:
Tonight I saw "The Florida Project". Pretty sure this is the best new movie I've seen all year. Poor kids living in the crappy motels near Disney World. Astounding. Great writing, great cinematography, and direction and acting that completely brainwashed me into believing everything I saw was true. I am still resonating from this experience.

On a more mundane note, I'm trying MoviePass. For $10 a month, I can see 1 movie every day. So far I've seen 2 movies with it, costing the MoviePass company over $20. I will bankrupt them. I saw 132 movies over the last year. At $10 per movie, MoviePass would have lost $100 every month.
 
Tonight I saw "The Florida Project". Pretty sure this is the best new movie I've seen all year.

Glad to hear you liked it. This and Lady Bird are 2 that I am very excited to see. At least they are 1-1 in your book. Cool how the adult female star of TFP was a complete unknown, not even an actor, before she was cast in this movie. The director said he saw her on Instagram and for awhile tried to cast someone like her before relenting and giving her the gig. I liked Tangerine a couple years ago. The filming on an iphone gimmick didn't bother me at all. This director known what he's doing.
 

Huh, I'm out of the loop. I didn't even know about this one. I want to like Spielberg movies again, a few of his movies are my favs of all time, but the last 2 decades have not been great. That cold war movie from a couple years ago was pretty good. That one and The Terminal are probably the only ones I like this century. Interesting that they both star Tom Hanks. Hopefully that cold war one was building up to The Post being even better.
 
Huh, I'm out of the loop. I didn't even know about this one. I want to like Spielberg movies again, a few of his movies are my favs of all time, but the last 2 decades have not been great. That cold war movie from a couple years ago was pretty good. That one and The Terminal are probably the only ones I like this century. Interesting that they both star Tom Hanks. Hopefully that cold war one was building up to The Post being even better.

"The Post" hasn't been released yet, I think. Several of their films haven't.

Of those top 10 movies, I've seen these:
  • Baby Driver - very good
  • The Florida Project - the best
  • Get Out - very good
  • Lady Bird - lame
  • Logan - good

I'm going to see this one soon:
  • The Disaster Artist

Of the top 10 independent movies, I've only seen these:
  • Patti Cake$ - very good
  • A Ghost Story - very good
 
Of all the movies on that list, I have only seen:

Get Out - awesome movie
Wonder Woman - good
Logan - good

The rest, I'll see sometime next year, but I do want to see The Post.
 
  • Patti Cake$ - very good
  • A Ghost Story - very good

I didn't love Patti Cake$. Thought it was ok. Ghost Story is a strong contender for my favorite movie of the year so far. That and Logan and Dunkirk but I still need to see all the smaller contenders like TFP and Lady Bird and the like.
 
Here the new trailer All The Money In The World with Christopher Plummer replacing Kevin Spacey, still coming out Dec 22nd.

 
I reactivated my Netflix account today, so this weekend I will try and catch up the shows I been missing for the past couple of months.
 
I reactivated my Netflix account today, so this weekend I will try and catch up the shows I been missing for the past couple of months.

Enjoy!

They are raising the price by $1 at the end of this month. From $9.99 to $10.99. Not such a big deal, I'll still be a member but it helps to further the case that Amazon Prime is by far the best value for the money at around $8.30 per month for both the streaming and the 2 day shipping.
 
Enjoy!

They are raising the price by $1 at the end of this month. From $9.99 to $10.99. Not such a big deal, I'll still be a member but it helps to further the case that Amazon Prime is by far the best value for the money at around $8.30 per month for both the streaming and the 2 day shipping.

Thanks and I already paid the $10.99 price this morning with tax $12.64. Couple months ago it was $9.99 with tax $10.88.

I'm not an Amazon prime subscriber. If I want to watch stuff or get free shipping, I do my loophole deal. To me there the exact same content on Netflix or I'll buy the movie on iTunes at a good price. With iTunes, I can stream all my movies on my Apple TV, iPhone X, iPad Pro, and Macbook. I'm not a fan of Hulu.

Maybe it's me, but they're starting to become too many streaming subscriptions out there. You already have Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix. Tons of cord cutting companies and Disney will start there live streaming service, either in late 2018 or early 2019.

With the cost of that content, it like equaling the cost to cable or satellite provider. But technically you do have more options to watch on these streaming services.
 
Last edited:
The price is still reasonable, just hopefully they will still have enough content to watch. When Fox and Disney keep taking all of their stuff off there network.

I was binge watching some Fox shows and now they are all gone. I have to go to there app to watch the stuff again, but now it includes commercials.
 
These are some of the Disney films coming out in 2018. They'll probably break the 5 billion mark somewhere around the 3rd quarter?

Ant-Man
Black Panther
Hon Solo
Incredible's 2
Infinity War
Mary Poppins 2
Mulan (live action)
Wreck It Ralph 2
 
Back
Top Bottom