Sadchild's "high fives" (every artist I like at least five songs from)

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
AR-812260504.jpg

Reveille

Genre: more nu-metal?? sheesh how many freakin' nu-metal bands are there anyway??

Discovered: don't remember

Other: From New England but went national. Wish I'd caught their 2008 reunion show. Their best known song is a remix/redo with Scooter of Cold named "Inside Out (Can You Feel Me Now)"

HIGH FIVE:

1. What You Got
2. Unborn
3. Catarax
4. Untied
5. Permanent (Take A Look Around)

Reactions: HecticArt

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
25Mx.jpg

Richard Marx

Genre: pop rock, rock and roll, AC

Discovered: probably FM?

Other: Just a casual fan of a handful of songs from his first two albums. He's had a few great tweets in the last few years though!

HIGH FIVE:

1. Don't Mean Nothin'
2. Should've Known Better
3. Too Late To Say Goodbye
4. Angelia
5. Right Here Waiting

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
rick-springfield.jpg

Rick Springfield

Genre: pop rock, rock and roll

Other: Some of his latest stuff (2008-2017) is as good as his 80s stuff, like "What's Victoria's Secret", "I Hate Myself", "Down", "In the Land of the Blind" and my #1 below.

HIGH FIVE:

1. Venus In Overdrive
2. Jesse's Girl
3. I've Done Everything For You
4. Love Somebody
5. Love Is Alright Tonite

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Richard Marx

Genre: pop rock, rock and roll, AC

Other: Just a casual fan of a handful of songs from his first two albums. He's had a few great tweets in the last few years though!
A couple of days ago someone said his personal pronouns were Has/Been. He replied you're right, since the 80's the money Has/Been rolling in. (or something like that.
Rick Springfield

HIGH FIVE:

1. Venus In Overdrive
I don't think I've heard that one before. It's pretty good.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This came out in 1974

According to Wiki that wasn't even his solo debut. "Get Outside" was (same album). "Get Outside" peaked @ #105 on the hot 100. "Sneaking Sally..." didn't chart at all.

Also from this, "Bad Case of Loving You" was #1 in Canada. This may be why I remember it more. "Looking For Clues" was also a top 10 hit here and only #105 on Billboard.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
According to Wiki that wasn't even his solo debut. "Get Outside" was (same album). "Get Outside" peaked @ #105 on the hot 100. "Sneaking Sally..." didn't chart at all.

Also from this, "Bad Case of Loving You" was #1 in Canada. This may be why I remember it more. "Looking For Clues" was also a top 10 hit here and only #105 on Billboard.
I've never heard Get Outside, and I doubt anyone else has. Perhaps the reason Sally didn't chart, is because it's part of a 3-song trio.

I'll acknowledge that I became aware of his early stuff later on, and that Bad Case was a big hit that was solidly identified with him. And BTW, I covered him back on August 4, on page 17 of Scotch Sampler.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I've never heard Get Outside, and I doubt anyone else has. Perhaps the reason Sally didn't chart, is because it's part of a 3-song trio.

I'll acknowledge that I became aware of his early stuff later on, and that Bad Case was a big hit that was solidly identified with him. And BTW, I covered him back on August 4, on page 17 of Scotch Sampler.

I haven't heard of anything before Bad Case of Loving You before this weekend. I was just pointing out what Wiki said about his chart history.

I think that was before I started following that thread. I think I originally thought it was a thread about a particular alcohol which I have no taste for.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
For me, I'm guessing I heard him in this order

1. Every Kinda People (I was real young so I don't remember the moment, but hearing it later as a teen I already knew it well)
2. Bad Case Of Loving You
3. You Are In My System
4. Some Like It Hot (Power Station)
5. Bang A Gong (Power Station)
6. Addicted To Love
7. I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
8. (the rest of the Power Station album)
9. Simply Irresistible
10. (the rest of Heavy Nova)
11. Life In Detail
12. You're Amazing (meh)
13. Mercy Mercy Me/I Want You

Somewhere in there I heard Johnny And Mary once or twice, but no clue when. All I know is when I heard it in my teens, I was already familiar with it.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
For me, I'm guessing I heard him in this order

1. Every Kinda People (I was real young so I don't remember the moment, but hearing it later as a teen I already knew it well)
2. Bad Case Of Loving You
3. You Are In My System
4. Some Like It Hot (Power Station)
5. Bang A Gong (Power Station)
6. Addicted To Love
7. I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
8. (the rest of the Power Station album)
9. Simply Irresistible
10. (the rest of Heavy Nova)
11. Life In Detail
12. You're Amazing (meh)
13. Mercy Mercy Me/I Want You

Somewhere in there I heard Johnny And Mary once or twice, but no clue when. All I know is when I heard it in my teens, I was already familiar with it.
I loved "Looking For Clues" as well. It didn't chart at all in the states but got a lot of airplay up here.

Reactions: sadchild