Music News

Not sure, but I think my video was her appearance at Glastonbury Festival (other performers including Dua Lipa, Coldplay, and Shania Twain). Lauper's farewell tour hasn't started yet and will be at smaller venues. Much smaller than originally planned after that performance.
 
Jack Black is speaking out against his bandmate's controversial comment about the assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump.

In a statement provided to USA TODAY, the "School of Rock" actor, 54, said he was "blindsided" by bandmate Kyle Gass saying "don't miss Trump next time" on stage during their Tenacious D show on Sunday.

Black also said he is ending the Tenacious D tour and pausing plans to continue working with Gass.

"I would never condone hate speech or encourage political violence in any form," Black said. "After much reflection, I no longer feel it is appropriate to continue the Tenacious D tour, and all future creative plans are on hold. I am grateful to the fans for their support and understanding."

 
They call it the TikTok Top 50 chart. I call it the "50 songs to avoid like Ebola" chart.

GSyE2bqWAAAEjBL
 
Sounds interesting, but I skimmed the article trying to see why they keep putting the word "captivating" in quotes. Other than Paul using the word, it seems to have no other meaning. Maybe I'm missing something.
The journalist likely has not seen the piece so he is emphasizing that the captivating opinion is that of Sir Paul and not an independent opinion.
 
The two-CD, 26-song One Hand Clapping album was released on June 14. I bought a copy. I've played it only once. Here are some of the songs on it:

Jet – not as good as the original
My Love – not as good as the original
Let It Be – not as good as the original
Band On The Run – not as good as the original
Hi Hi Hi – not as good as the original
Live & Let Die– not as good as the original
Junior's Farm – not as good as the original
Maybe I'm Amazed – not as good as the original

Need I continue?
 
The two-CD, 26-song One Hand Clapping album was released on June 14. I bought a copy. I've played it only once. Here are some of the songs on it:

Jet – not as good as the original
My Love – not as good as the original
Let It Be – not as good as the original
Band On The Run – not as good as the original
Hi Hi Hi – not as good as the original
Live & Let Die– not as good as the original
Junior's Farm – not as good as the original
Maybe I'm Amazed – not as good as the original

Need I continue?
Those are all great songs. I can't say whether I'd agree with your assessment, but people like hearing both live and acoustic versions of recorded songs all the time. So different isn't necessarily bad (unless it's bad).
 
None of the songs on One Hand Clapping are bad. Most of them are really good, especially Band On The Run. I just prefer the original versions.

 
Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes and Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas formed TLC in 1990. Lopes died in 2002 in an SUV crash in Honduras (where she was filming a documentary). There is no more "L." T-Boz and Chilli should call their duo TC. That's my opinion and you can have it.

 
Back
Top Bottom