Music News

While I was in Florida, The Cure dropped their first new music in 16 years.

For a Cure fan, it's really good, but not wow. I suspect for people who only like Cure singles on the radio like Friday, Heaven, Lovesong, this will be pretty boring.

 
I was just describing that to a friend who is an old Cure fan that hasn't heard it yet. Her fav Cure is 1981 to 1986, the depressing but aggressive goth stuff. I said well, you'll find this one to be melancholy, boring and loooooooong.
 
While I was in Florida, The Cure dropped their first new music in 16 years.

For a Cure fan, it's really good, but not wow. I suspect for people who only like Cure singles on the radio like Friday, Heaven, Lovesong, this will be pretty boring.


This may replace Hurt by NIN as the song that's playing when I finally decide to place the barrel of the gun in my mouth.
 
The next Cure single isn't as slow and repetitive. More of a lead single in my opinion. It's no Friday I'm In Love/Just Like Heaven, but it's got more of a pulse than Alone.

 
Bill Wyman has opened up about his time in the Rolling Stones, revealing that he and some of his bandmates were struggling financially.

In an interview with Classic Rock, Wyman was asked if he left the band at the right time – he left in 1993 – and replied that he should have left earlier.

“I hung on for a three-tour ending across ’89 and ’90, after seven years of nothing, and I’d ended up with a bank overdraft of £200,000, because we weren’t earning anything,” he explained.

Wyman continued: “Mick [Jagger] and Keith [Richards] were totally wealthy, so they weren’t bothered, but me, Charlie [Watts] and Ronnie [Wood] were scraping by. Ronnie started to do art to feed his family. Anyway, I only started playing with them again in the hope it’d only be a couple of years, because I had all these other things I wanted to do.”

He also discussed the criticism the band received after they left the UK in 1971, becoming tax exiles in the south of France. “We had no fucking money,” he said. “[Former Stones manager Allen] Klein had all the money, and when you wanted anything you begged him to send you some money. You’re in the red with your bank, so you weren’t partying all the time, you were worrying about how to pay your bills. It was a nightmare.

 
The hate in Van Halen still runs strong, even in the afterlife

Van Halen rockers David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen had a fraught relationship for decades, and that's what torpedoed a planned reunion tour following Eddie's death, the band's drummer Alex Van Halen, who's Eddie's brother, told Rolling Stone.

"The thing that broke the camel's back, and I can be honest about this now," Alex explained, "was I said, 'Dave, at some point, we have to have a very overt — not a bowing — but an acknowledgment of Ed in the gig. If you look at how Queen does it, they show old footage.' And the moment I said we gotta acknowledge Ed, Dave f---in' popped a fuse.… The vitriol that came out was unbelievable."

To him, Roth appeared to be offended by such a suggestion, and Van Halen wasn't having it.

"I'm from the street," Van Halen said. "'You talk to me like that, motherf---er, I'm gonna beat your f---ing brains out. You got it?' And I mean that. And that's how it ended."


 
That'll teach him to tour with Hanson


On a more serious note, this is sad. He's a great songwriter and I've been a fan since the 90s
That's way too sad.
He's great and very underrated.

It surprises me that he's so broke.
I hope it works out for him.

I saw him back in the 90's and he put on a good show.
 
That's way too sad.
He's great and very underrated.

It surprises me that he's so broke.
I hope it works out for him.

I saw him back in the 90's and he put on a good show.
I've been reading more stories from musicians from big bands who say they are broke. You see all the money paid for shows and it probably goes to everybody but the musicians.
 
I thought touring and merch was how musicians made money, because record labels took all the money of album sales and then sent the artists a bill (basically). Aside from the artists stupid enough to sign a 360 deal, which says "the record label gets every penny of everything you ever do, tours, hats, autographed photos, and you uh get nothing."
 
I thought touring and merch was how musicians made money, because record labels took all the money of album sales and then sent the artists a bill (basically). Aside from the artists stupid enough to sign a 360 deal, which says "the record label gets every penny of everything you ever do, tours, hats, autographed photos, and you uh get nothing."
If you are the "owner" of the band. I recall one of the Rolling Stones musicians saying he was barely getting by. I am sure Mick and Keith are doing better.
 
Back
Top Bottom