Music News

If you don't have your music and movies in your physical possession (and in more than one place) you don't really have it.
If Spotify goes bankrupt, Amazon gets hacked, the PMRC takes control and every song with questionable content gets pulled from streaming services, you are out of luck.

OWN your stuff and keep backups.
 
Very happy with this result

The-Cure-Grammys-1-1920x1080.jpg
 
Very happy with this result

The-Cure-Grammys-1-1920x1080.jpg
Yeah, there were a number of wins for artists that many of us like. Tame Impala won best dance/electronic recording for End of Summer. Yungblud won for rock performance. Turnstile won for metal performance and rock album (XMU plays a milder song by them). NIN won for rock song. Laufey won for traditional pop vocal album.

It's just that those few wins were buried by the teeny-bopper industrial complex.
 
Twisted Sebastian?

"We're Not Gonna Remember You"?

"18 And Wanna Rock"?

Dee Snider on Sebastian Bach stepping in for him in Twisted Sister: ‘I totally approve’

Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider is setting the record straight about his health and how he feels about former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach taking over lead singer duties on select Twisted Sister shows this year.

In early February Snider pulled out of the band’s planned reunion tour due to health issues. But in new posts on X he reassured fans that he’s doing OK.

“Been waiting for the dust to settle…but it hasn’t,” he started off his string of posts.

“For a retired 71 yr old I’m great. But I’ve only got so much tread left on these tires,” he wrote. “I decided to use it for the rest of my journey…and not burn them up on stage trying to prove I’m as good as I ever was. I can live with that choice. I would’ve been a shadow of my former self out there anyway.”

In another post, he continued, “The story of my retirement for health reasons ran wild! I’m not dying. (No, not never!) Just can’t do the things I used to do. I’m cool with it. I have a great life!”

He then shared his thoughts on Bach joining Twisted Sister, writing, “And I totally approve of @sebastianbach stepping in for me. He’s a true fan & will honor what I did with every show!”

On Tuesday, Twisted Sister’s Jay Jay French and Eddie Ojeda announced that Bach would be fronting the band on select dates this fall. So far they haven’t announced when those shows will take place.
 
I could list four thousand. I will stop at four:

"A tiger don’t need opinions from a shellfish or a sheep."
"Wake me up before you go-go. Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo."
"Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas. You know he knows just exactly what the facts is."
"When you take a sip, you buzz like a hornet. Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole bunch of sonnets."
 
That song includes a double negative ("there ain't no one"). I could list several hundred songs with double negatives. Here is one. This was written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King and peaked at #7 on the April 27 1963 Hot 100:

 
The Final Countdown lyrics annoy me.

“We're heading for Venus and still we stand tall
'Cause maybe they've seen us and welcome us all, yeah”


As far as South Detroit being Windsor. I get it, but Windsor is a different city. Technically Detroit has a Southern portion within its own city limits near the river making it South Detroit. Journey wasn’t wrong.
 
The Final Countdown lyrics annoy me.

“We're heading for Venus and still we stand tall
'Cause maybe they've seen us and welcome us all, yeah"
Haha, the last time I heard that song, I couldn't get over how often he says "it's the final countdown" in that whiny way. It's like 95% of the song.

As far as South Detroit being Windsor. I get it, but Windsor is a different city. Technically Detroit has a Southern portion within its own city limits near the river making it South Detroit. Journey wasn’t wrong.
This criticism doesn't even make sense. Are we supposed to know that the singer is not actually from the city he's singing about? Who cares? Joni Mitchell was never a free man in Paris; so what?

Here is the actual list.
Most of this list is really bad, as in not a good representation of bad lyrics.
 
John Lennon wrote Dig A Pony for Yoko Ono. He called the song "nonsense" and "garbage." I wonder what Yoko thought of it. Among the lyrics: "Dig a pony.....do a road hog.....pick a moondog.....roll a stoney.....you can syndicate any boat you row." "Moondog" is a reference to Johnny & The Moondogs, a name the Quarrymen used for a few months in 1959 before they became the Beatles. "Roll a stoney" is a reference to the Rolling Stones. The other lines are.,....well.....nonsense and garbage.

 
Reeves is a bad-ass.

The red and orange guitars that he's playing in the clip are his signature Reverend models.
I have it in the blue finish. It's the one I end up playing the most.
 
Back
Top Bottom