I love SIRIUS XM!

I called Sirius Corporate.

They gave me Sirius Premium Internet on one radio for a year for $32.71. 12.99 times 12 is 35.88

They also gave me Sirius Everything with Best of XM for a year for LESS than a year of Sirius Everything on my second radio.

They also cut me some sort of half-off deal for my first radio with BOXM for a year. (I had the "Year for $77" deal, but I was able to come out ahead here as well.)


I started out with two $55 programming cards plus a little bit of credit and I still have about $10 in credit.



Edit -- Here's what I think I ended up with. I started by having them put the two gift cards into my credit and then they started snooping around to see what they could give me. As such, there's about 15 lines in my billing history for yesterday.

Radio 1 - Sirius Everything + BOXM for 1 year 101.38 (Year of Sirius Everything is $142)
Radio 2 - Sirius Everything + BOXM for 1 year 65.57 (Year of Sirius Everything is $98)
Premium Internet for 1 year 32.71

Grand Total = $199.66 (Remember, I started out with two $55 gift cards and a bit of credit and I still have $10 or so in credit left. And, they gave me more credit for a situation I posted about in another thread.)



Regular price:
Radio 1 with BOXM for a year - $186.89
Radio 2 with BOXM for a year - $120.89
Premium internet for a year - $35.88

Grand Total = 343.66



I'm not sure, but I think I won out. ;)
 
Last edited:
Nice!! You're fully set up. How does the internet streaming sound now? Can you hear the difference in SQ?
 
Honestly, I could give two craps. I've had the premium for a while, but i'll take that discount. The 32K was passable, but it is nice to be able to log on to sirus.com when and where need be. I think Stream_ON works no matter what, but it's one of those things i'd rather not test.)

32.71+2.99= $35.70. Twelve months straight up would be $35.88, so I have about a month "and a bit" for free.

Although, the situation where I needed to log on to sirius.com twice a week seems to have ended, for now, but oh well.


Honestly, I was paying the "full price every six months" for a long-ass time. I've been subscribing since late October 2005, and other than a two year deal, most of it has been the "pay every 6 months" so this discount is much appreciated on my end.


The question is... what will I do in Jan 2011? ;) Methinks there's a big contract which may or may not be signed near the end of the year on which the future of Sirius could (or could not) be riding....if you catch my drift.
 
Last edited:
ESN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Package: SIRIUS EVERYTHING PLUS THE BEST OF XM (1 Year Plan)
Start Date: 2/25/2010
Renewal Date: 12/14/2032


I can live with this. It is 100% copy and pasted. I'm also 100% sure it is a bug. I am 100% sure that I will be keeping this on the 100% down-low. :D
 
Well, sonofabitch. Now they took away two days.

ESN: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Package: SIRIUS EVERYTHING PLUS THE BEST OF XM (1 Year Plan)
Start Date: 2/25/2010
Renewal Date: 2/23/2011


Edit -- Here's the deal: Apparently, there is an occasional website bug that comes up. The CSR I spoke to (English speaker in Nova Scotia) mentioned that he's seen the bug. (I wonder if that's just a line he spun, but whatever.)

The "start date" is the date I signed the most-current agreement. The "renewal date" of 2/23/2011 is where things get interesting. I originally signed up with Sirius on the 23rd of whatever month, so that's when my card gets billed. Because I signed my most current agreement on 2/2010, and it is a one-year deal, the renewal date is on 2/2011. Got it?
 
Last edited:
So, after Howard left Columbus, the local affiliate (The Blitz) tried experimenting with classic rock, which is what they played when they first played rock music, going to a "current rock" format in the 90's and 2000's.

They had a format called "The Rock" featuring GregO, then they went to Bob & Tom in the mornings.

Just now, they announced that they're back to "The Blitz." Their first two songs? Mudvayne's Happy, and Disturbed "Down With The Sickness."

So, not only did they admit failure, they brought their old (and loved) format back with TWO songs featuring bleeps!

Ironically, the second song features the line: "It seems you're having trouble it dealing with these changes, living with these changes..."

I had two options:
1) Go down there wearing my TSS Radio shirt
OR
2) Stay at home and listen to Sirius.

Part of me wanted to do option number one, but i'm not THAT twisted.


I turn on Howard 101, and I hear a mention of the word "fucking" and "black cocks."
 
Last edited:
Still loving my XM after 6 years. I seem to find new programming every week. I am listening to Bluesville and Deep Tracks more now than I ever have.
 
Still loving my XM after 6 years. I seem to find new programming every week. I am listening to Bluesville and Deep Tracks more now than I ever have.

Testify brother Red! Testify!

I just went back to re-read this thread.

Good stuff.

Even with all the options that have come out in the last couple of years, I still can't find a better way to get the music that I need any easier, faster, or more conveniently. I do still love SXM.
 
They're sending me a Stratus 6 with 1 month pre-activated and a PowerConnect for a grand total of $7.44 shipping because the Sportster 4 I had won from TSS-Radio broke.

:ter:
 
They're sending me a Stratus 6 with 1 month pre-activated and a PowerConnect for a grand total of $7.44 shipping because the Sportster 4 I had won from TSS-Radio broke.

:ter:

What broke about the SP4? If it's something we normally fix, I'd take care of it for you.
 
Sirius has done that for me before. When my last radio broke, I told them there was no way I was paying for yet another radio that would break in 6 months, so they sent me a refurbed one for free.

The radios should be like cable boxes. Just give me one. I'm paying for the content and don't really care what the radio looks like. But that's just me...
 
What broke about the SP4? If it's something we normally fix, I'd take care of it for you.

Menu, 0, and 5 buttons not working. I tried compressed air, and even tried removing the screws in the back, but on one of them, the screw head is totally worn out. The screwdriver couldn't grip it. Compressed air was no good, which probably effed it up more.

In my clumsiness to try to fix it myself, I ended up cracking the screen just a tiny, tiny little bit. D'oh!


I had a SL2 laying around, so I plugged that in. After canceling it a few months ago, it still worked AND got BOXM...for about 7-10 days. While I was on the phone with them, switching the account over from the SP4 to the SL2, they offered me the new one for the grand total of shipping. I hesitated a bit, then the guy threw in the PowerConnect for nothing extra.
 
Menu, 0, and 5 buttons not working. I tried compressed air, and even tried removing the screws in the back, but on one of them, the screw head is totally worn out. The screwdriver couldn't grip it. Compressed air was no good, which probably effed it up more.

I could've probably fixed this part by replacing the board. Doh.

In my clumsiness to try to fix it myself, I ended up cracking the screen just a tiny, tiny little bit. D'oh!

Unfortunately we don't have a fix for that one right now. The SP4 screen is adhesive to the board.
 
Even with all the options that have come out in the last couple of years, I still can't find a better way to get the music that I need any easier, faster, or more conveniently. I do still love SXM.
I tried going the Slacker/iHeartRadio/TuneIn route on my Android, but I never had the stability of signal that I get with SXM. I still check out random world stations on TuneIn, but not enough to pull me away from SXM. For about $1.25/day (less than a coffee/bottle of pop), my wife & I enjoy SXM (and me on the Premier plan), plus online streaming.
 
I tried going the Slacker/iHeartRadio/TuneIn route on my Android, but I never had the stability of signal that I get with SXM. I still check out random world stations on TuneIn, but not enough to pull me away from SXM. For about $1.25/day (less than a coffee/bottle of pop), my wife & I enjoy SXM (and me on the Premier plan), plus online streaming.

I've never really looked at Slacker as a replacement for SXM. However, it certainly does enhance the experience when I get a little board with the stale music playlist on SXM. Plus on my Slacker Stations and now more so with on-demand, I get to hear what I want to hear without hearing the crap I don't. I become the programmer and with huge playlist I don't find my music gets nearly as stale was just with SXM alone. There are many artist that I just don't care to hear and I don't have the option not too with SXM.

Nonetheless overall, the value of SXM is still great to me, especially for much of the live or near live programming that it offers, which these other services simply can't touch. So, Slacker and SXM gives me the VERY best experience possible.
 
Here's some'more siriusXM love-

I like the fact that I am able to finish getting ready for a roadtrip by swapping out the wife's radio in her car for mine (and my presets) and be able to use the same base ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom