80s0n8 Big 40 Countdown Schedule

I know they had hits in the US off of their first 2 albums, and have generally kept playing.
I haven't really checked out their other albums, but thought they would still get more radio play.
 
I know they had hits in the US off of their first 2 albums, and have generally kept playing.
I haven't really checked out their other albums, but thought they would still get more radio play.

They do still on Canadian stations. We still have CANCON rules and they fit.
 
I'll have to spend some time on the Youtube browsing their newer content.

We started playing New Girl Now, so I had looked up some live performances to see where they were playing some of the chords, and saw how much they have been playing live over the years.
 
1988 this week. Lots of crap from 40-20.

This would be my last free weekend. On Sunday the 15th, I would be on my way to a hotel in downtown LA, waiting to go to MEPS the next day, & then down to San Diego for bootcamp.
 
1988

40. ENDLESS SUMMER NIGHTS - RICHARD MARX
39. NIGHTTIME - PRETTY POISON
38. RITUAL - DAN REED NETWORK
37. I'M STILL SEARCHING - GLASS TIGER
36. FOOLISH BEAT - DEBBIE GIBSON
35. I STILL BELIEVE - BRENDA K. STARR
34. ROCKET 2 U - THE JETS
33. MAKE IT REAL - THE JETS
32. WE ALL SLEEP ALONE - CHER
31. MAN IN THE MIRROR - MICHAEL JACKSON
30. CIRCLE IN THE SAND - BELINDA CARLISLE
29. ONE GOOD REASON - PAUL CARRACK
28. STRANGE BUT TRUE - TIMES TWO
27. SAY IT AGAIN - JERMAINE STEWART
26. MY GIRL - SUAVE
25. TOGETHER FOREVER - RICK ASTLEY
24. DREAMING - O.M.D.
23. I WISH I HAD A GIRL - HENRY LEE SUMMER
22. PAMELA - TOTO
21. EVERYTHING YOUR HEART DESIRES - DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES
20. I SAW HIM STANDING THERE - TIFFANY
19. ONE STEP UP - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
18. PIANO IN THE DARK - BRENDA RUSSELL
17. GIRLFRIEND - PEBBLES
16. TWO OCCASIONS - THE DEELE
15. GET OUTTA MY DREAMS - BILLY OCEAN
14. ONE MORE TRY - GEORGE MICHAEL
13. WAIT - WHITE LION
12. DEVIL INSIDE - INXS
11. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU - FOREIGNER
10. NAUGHTY GIRLS - SAMANTHA FOX
9. ELECTRIC BLUE - ICEHOUSE
8. SHATTERED DREAMS - JOHNNY HATES JAZZ
7. PROVE YOUR LOVE - TAYLOR DAYNE
6. ALWAYS ON MY MIND - PET SHOP BOYS
5. PINK CADILLAC - NATALIE COLE
4. WHERE DO BROKEN HEARTS GO - WHITNEY HOUSTON
3. ANGEL - AEROSMITH
2. ANYTHING FOR YOU - GLORIA ESTEFAN
1. WISHING WELL - TERRANCE TRENT D'ARBY
 
1988

31. MAN IN THE MIRROR - MICHAEL JACKSON
12. DEVIL INSIDE - INXS
6. ALWAYS ON MY MIND - PET SHOP BOYS

The above 3 songs are the only songs I recognize, have heard and/or do not make me want to puke. I hate 1988 & 1989 countdowns.
 
I swear, I used to think she was saying "Simple in the sack" & not "Circle in the Sand" #30

Billy Ocean was good. Springsteen, too
 
so many forgettable bubblegum songs on here. even established rock acts went over-the-top-pop like bruce, aerosmith, hall & oates and foreigner.

21. EVERYTHING YOUR HEART DESIRES - DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES
i will admit i do like this one. i actually used to listen to this whole album back in the day.

14. ONE MORE TRY - GEORGE MICHAEL
i used to listen to this whole album back in the day too. but if i could reach the cassette player, i skipped this one. same with kissing a fool.

13. WAIT - WHITE LION
finally something that kicks!

6. ALWAYS ON MY MIND - PET SHOP BOYS
i dig this one. i dig all of introspective too actually

3. ANGEL - AEROSMITH
i used to play this cassette start to end too, but this was the weakest song.
 
so many forgettable bubblegum songs on here. even established rock acts went over-the-top-pop like bruce, aerosmith, hall & oates and foreigner.

21. EVERYTHING YOUR HEART DESIRES - DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES
i will admit i do like this one. i actually used to listen to this whole album back in the day.

14. ONE MORE TRY - GEORGE MICHAEL
i used to listen to this whole album back in the day too. but if i could reach the cassette player, i skipped this one. same with kissing a fool.

13. WAIT - WHITE LION
finally something that kicks!

6. ALWAYS ON MY MIND - PET SHOP BOYS
i dig this one. i dig all of introspective too actually

3. ANGEL - AEROSMITH
i used to play this cassette start to end too, but this was the weakest song.
Vito!
It's too bad he hung up his guitar.
 
1985. One of the best countdown ever. It's hard to think that at 15yrs old, music would basically go down hill after that.

#14 Don't Come Around Here No More by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers



The absolute best 80s video. Maybe best ever video.

Not Sledgehammer. Not Money for Nothing.
 
1985. One of the best countdown ever. It's hard to think that at 15yrs old, music would basically go down hill after that.

#14 Don't Come Around Here No More by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers



The absolute best 80s video. Maybe best ever video.

Not Sledgehammer. Not Money for Nothing.


Sorry, both Sledgehammer (1986) and Money For Nothing were superior videos. That one wasn't bad just not better than those 2.
 
1985

40. WOULD I LIE TO YOU - THE EURYTHMICS
39. SUSSUDIO - PHIL COLLINS
38. THE SEARCH IS OVER - SURVIVOR
37. INVISIBLE - ALLISON MOYET
36. NEVER ENDING STORY - LIMAHL
35. LOST IN LOVE - NEW EDITION
34. ALONG COMES A WOMAN - CHICAGO
33. SMUGGLER'S BLUES - GLENN FREY
32. ANGEL - MADONNA
31. 'TIL MY BABY COMES HOME - LUTHER VANDROSS
30. SAY YOU'RE WRONG - JULIAN LENNON
29. ONE MORE NIGHT - PHIL COLLINS
28. CELEBRATE YOUTH - RICK SPRINGFIELD
27. ROCK AND ROLL GIRLS - JOHN FOGERTY
26. ONE LONELY NIGHT - REO SPEEDWAGON
25. HEAVEN - BRYAN ADAMS
24. WALKING ON SUNSHINE - KATRINA AND THE WAVES
23. I'M ON FIRE - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
22. JUST A GIGOLO/I AIN'T GOT NOBODY - DAVID LEE ROTH
21. SOME THINGS ARE BETTER LEFT UNSAID - DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES
20. IN MY HOUSE - MARY JANE GIRLS
19. THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER - HOWARD JONES
18. FRESH - KOOL & THE GANG
17. NEW ATTITUDE - PATTI LABELLE
16. SUDDENLY - BILLY OCEAN
15. THAT WAS YESTERDAY - FOREIGNER
14. DON'T COME AROUND HERE NO MORE - TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS
13. NIGHTSHIFT - THE COMMODORES
12. AXEL F - HAROLD FALTERMEYER
11. ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE - DON HENLEY
10. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD - TEARS FOR FEARS
9. OBSESSION - ANIMOTION
8. EVERYTHING SHE WANTS - WHAM
7. SMOOTH OPERATOR - SADE
6. SOME LIKE IT HOT - THE POWER STATION
5. ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK - MURRAY HEAD
4. RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT - DEBARGE
3. DON'T YOU (FORGET ABOUT ME) - SIMPLE MINDS
2. WE ARE THE WORLD - USA FOR AFRICA
1. CRAZY FOR YOU - MADONNA
 
Back
Top Bottom