Are you looking forward to History of Howard Stern Part 3?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
After listening for a week I gotta say something.

I don't like Robin and in this special she rubs me the wrong way. The way she talk about "We invented this and we invented that" and she sounds real into herself as she says it.

Robin did not invent anything. Howard is the genius and I'll take that kind of ego from him but from Robin it's just too much. Robin's genius is from seeing potential in Howard and hanging on to him for dear life.

With that said, even Howard comes off real bad with that massive ego of his. He gives himself way too much credit for everything, even changing sitcoms. Really? WOW!

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
After listening for a week I gotta say something.

I don't like Robin and in this special she rubs me the wrong way. The way she talk about "We invented this and we invented that" and she sounds real into herself as she says it.

Robin did not invent anything. Howard is the genius and I'll take that kind of ego from him but from Robin it's just too much. Robin's genius is from seeing potential in Howard and hanging on to him for dear life.

With that said, even Howard comes off real bad with that massive ego of his. He gives himself way too much credit for everything, even changing sitcoms. Really? WOW!

I loved the segment about Butt-bongo where the old tapes have Howard admitting they were going to steal the idea from some other DJs and then the current Howard came on talking about when "he came up with the idea".

Super Dave

Oct 12, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
www.oropallo.us
I loved the segment about Butt-bongo where the old tapes have Howard admitting they were going to steal the idea from some other DJs and then the current Howard came on talking about when "he came up with the idea".

That struck me as weird too, I remember when they came out with it and he said that some DJ in Buffalo was doing it and now he was going to make it his. He is believing his own line of BS. ;)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today, during the first segment (I think first segment), when he was talking to the Governor of NJ about his bathroom, a truck driver called in and mentioned that the rest stop was a meeting place for gay guys.

Fred must have been chanelling the future with the George Takei "Oh my!" drop. :ter:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today's LOL moment came during Robin's news about the OJ thing:

That led into a show clip where Robin was talking about the OJ Simpson trial and how they were picking a jury pool. Howard was doing his Judge Ito impression and when Robin mentioned something about the Jury pool being tainted, Jackie interrupted and laughed at the word ''taint.'' Howard said Jackie is back there doing his own show. Jackie was very amused with that word. Robin was very distracted so they'd just yell out ''taint!'' in the middle of the story to get Jackie going again. Howard said the taint is the area between your butt and balls on a guy because t'aint your balls and t'aint your butt hole. Jackie said it's a very funny area. Howard said Robin got all caught up in it and couldn't move on. Howard said Jackie was doing a whole visual thing when he laughs at something like that. Howard said Jackie is like 50 years old and he's laughing at ''taint.''

Robin got back to her news and tried to move on but they were still doing the ''taint'' thing with Jackie. They were doing impressions of Jackie and playing many of his well known laugh audio clips. Robin got back to the story and tried to finish up but Howard and Fred were interrupting with Jackie clips and impressions.

They later said that during the jury selection, "OJ must have been told how to handle himself" which got them goofing on everything again.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Today, during the first segment (I think first segment), when he was talking to the Governor of NJ about his bathroom, a truck driver called in and mentioned that the rest stop was a meeting place for gay guys.

Fred must have been chanelling the future with the George Takei "Oh my!" drop. :ter:

Actually, Fred 'created' the future. Sulu was a part of the show for a LOOONG time before he even knew he was a part of the show.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Actually, Fred 'created' the future. Sulu was a part of the show for a LOOONG time before he even knew he was a part of the show.

Yeah.

I didn't really start listening until 98 or even early 99. The first thing I remember is a big-ass commercial for a movie. (Imagine how SFN would have blown up had it existed back then!)

It would be interesting to see a listing of when each station was added to the affiliates list. Columbus certainly wouldn't have been in the first 10, but there were certainly a lot of stations added after we were.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Oh look... Ronnie the Limo Driver is going to (went) to Fred's bachelor party.

...whoever would have thunk?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
This week I've listened very little but so far it's all been BAD.

They don't even cover historical events, just random things that happened.

Like a segment of practical jokes. Really? They played John pranking Gary over some stocks. Really? Was that so great? And then afterwards they jump to another random segment which has no connection to the previous segment.

This special sucks ass.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It seems to be semi-chronological, but some of those events were extended over the course of several months.

Instead of doing it like real-life, such as this:
Event A begins.
Event B begins.
Event C begins.
Event A ends.
Event C ends.
Event B ends.

They do it like this:
Event A begins. Talk about this event and wrap it up.
Event B begins. Talk about this event and wrap it up.
Event C begins. Talk about this event and wrap it up.

It's not entirely historically accurate, but at least by doing it this way, you can listen to a the re-telling of a whole event without having to come back to your radio later on.

This week we've heard:
* The History Of Howard Stern: Act III, Day 6. 12/28/09. 6:00am
* THoHS:A3 - Howard Backs Senator D'Amato. 12/28/09. 6:00am
* THoHS:A3 - Christy Whitman Backed By Howard. 12/28/09. 6:30am
* THoHS:A3 - Howard Stern For Governor. 12/28/09. 7:15am
* THoHS:A3 - Howard Stern For Governor Part 2. 12/28/09. 8:05am
* THoHS:A3 - Howard Stern For Governor Part 3. 12/28/09. 9:15am
* THoHS:A3 - Gilbert Gottfried. 12/28/09. 10:15am
* THoHS:A3 - Tiny Tim. 12/28/09. 10:30am
* THoHS:A3 - Doomed Private Parts Production. 12/28/09. 10:45am
* THoHS:A3 - The E! Show. 12/28/09. 11:25am

Cleveland Funeral, talking about the OJ trial, Gary Puppet, Gay Rich, Fred's Bachelor Party, the disappearance of the Gary puppet, and yes, more goofing on Gary.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Well I bailed out on it. It's too long and drawn out and how many times have we heard the "Gary puppet gets stolen" bit?

It's too much of the same for my taste.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
I loved listening to the Cleveland segment. I've never heard that. Hell, I didn't have him in my market until after his peak, (grew up near Indianapolis, and he never caught on there, and didn't come until 97 or 98 anyway) so a lot of this stuff is new to me, except for the stuff talked about in the books.