Are you looking forward to History of Howard Stern Part 3?

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I can't wait. I just hope I can find a download somewhere because I will miss most of it.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
So days 13 and 14 are the same and are replays of days 8-12. What's the point?

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
It gets old to me fast, but pt. III are my favorite years, when I became a fan.

I have a lot of recorded shows from the last 2 weeks to listen to when the HOHS gets old.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
for some reason I"m not a history of howard guy. its not that interesting to me. usually when they go on the xmas break, I tend to catch up on music and a bunch of other stuff.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Part 2 was bad compared to 1.

This sucks though. They decided to stretch it out. I remember them saying Part 3 would be the last one.

I have no doubt this one will suck ass too.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I am really excited for this one. Part I was great, but I think Part II was a bit too long. It took me a long time to get through all of it. However Part 3 is now getting into the years when I started listening to the show (1992) so I am pretty pumped. I doubt that I'll be listening for 6 hours every day since I am off the next couple of weeks and will be busy, but I will be recording the whole thing and will listen when I get a chance. Maybe this time I can get through it in less than 6 months...

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Part 2 was bad compared to 1.

This sucks though. They decided to stretch it out. I remember them saying Part 3 would be the last one.

I have no doubt this one will suck ass too.

I wouldn't say that it sucks ass, but I didn't enjoy it as much as part 1. I only got through like 2 days of it during my Christmas break last year. I finally got to listen to the whole thing in June when I spent the month doing renovations on our new house.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
The thing about part 2 is that they played segments that went on and on. It was a glorified best of.

The first one covered milestones and it really made you appreciated Howard. It had a lot of interviews from people who were part of the history of the show. It was great.

Tim was on roundtable saying how they decided to make it a two week special. I knew it was all over when he said that.

Tim Sabean is the worst part of the revolution.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Definitely looking forward to it.

The only part I'm not looking forward to is archiving the extra content. Right now, I have Act 0, Act 1 and Act 2 (with extra content + interactivity guide) archived. I'm sure they're going to have a bunch of extras for this act.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
The extra content that's featured at SIRIUS.com when the special launches.

I've posted the ones for the two acts before (I think it might have been on SBS).

I'll post Act 0 and all three acts on here when the thing kicks-off and I get it all archived.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I've enjoyed all the HOHS specials. I just sick of rebel rebel over and over and over and over and over and over.

Agreed. I remember in Act I, they played various musical segments from the years they were talking about.

Hopefully this continues in Act III.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I can't wait. I just hope I can find a download somewhere because I will miss most of it.

Howard has said he wants to put it on the air (as opposed to selling it) so the subscribers can have that content.

What he doesn't realize (or doesn't want to realize) is that people will upload it so others can download, either for free or to keep AFTER they hear it live.

If i'm Howard, i'd air it live and then in mid-January, i'd sell it. I'd make each act about $10-$15 and include some bonus content which can't be copied, such as a photo of the studio, or a photo of Howard, or whatever.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I enjoy it. I have the first acts dedicated to the hard drive, and I'll record this one too. Part II was stretched out too long, the first part was more exciting because it was shorter, and there were more retellings from friends and family rather than just 30-40 minute long segments. Was more like best of the second time around.