Wolf's Songs

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've said it a hundred times, FM radio has killed Skynyrd for me.
I generally dislike country, especially the new stuff. I dig some of the older stuff, and it's better when it's got a good bluesy vibe. I respect the skills that a lot of the guitar players have. They can do some great stuff on the guitar, but choose to use their powers for evil.... (IMHO)
Check out Danny Gatton.....damn good playing. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are killer for some banjo-jazz. There are some others like him that use their powers for good.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Most def. Everybody hates the Eagles, but if some new band came out with "Hotel California" today, they'd be hailed as geniuses. Plenty of classic bands produced great stuff, but only on the first million listens.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Kid Rock is one of those I like to call 'Bro Rock', along with most 'metal' bands nowadays. This happens to fit alongside the 'Bro Country' that's popular nowadays.

Reactions: Casual Fan

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Most def. Everybody hates the Eagles, but if some new band came out with "Hotel California" today, they'd be hailed as geniuses. Plenty of classic bands produced great stuff, but only on the first million listens.
I like the later Eagles stuff with Joe Walsh (pretty much everything past Hotel California). The Early stuff had it's moments but it was mostly trying to copy the Flying Burrito Brothers.