Will anyone cancel if Bubba leaves?

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
The bubba act is old and tired.
Hate Brent.
Have not listened to a whole show in months.
I check it out every once in a while when Howard is on commercials but nothing keeps me listening.

They sound too desperate for attention.

Bubba doesn't get any love over on SFN, either; infact, he's down-right hated. For someone who apparently didn't share many fans with Howard, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Personally, I never got his show. Then again, I don't speak redneck, so that might have been the problem.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Bubba doesn't get any love over on SFN, either; infact, he's down-right hated. For someone who apparently didn't share many fans with Howard, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Personally, I never got his show. Then again, I don't speak redneck, so that might have been the problem.
SFN shouldn't be taken as a good representation of Stern fans, seeing as how the most impossible to please fans seem to gravitate towards that site. But I have to say, Bubba has received more support there over this situation than ever before.
Nobody listens to SiriXM just for Bubba. He's not a national radio personality.

We forget that those of us who go to forums to talk about shows represent 1% of those shows' audiences. The other 99% listen casually. They won't know the difference between a "Bubba" or whatever else gets put in that slot, or they won't care. Mel knows this, and so does Bubba. If Bubba had any real draw, he wouldn't have stuck around as long as he has and taken the shit he's been subjected to by SiriXM.
You don't have be a "redneck" or be from Florida to appreciate his show. Just ask three of the administrators here. ;) And if Bubba isn't a national personality, then how could he get thousands to show up for his live shows in Vegas, Phoenix, Detroit, Cleveland, Indiana, and Atlantic City?

And not being a Bubba listener, I'm sure you don't appreciate the irony of bringing up that "1%" figure seeing as that's exactly how Brent referred to the people on forums. :jj:
Yeah and that is a big ass if! It is like with anything you'll have a few upset and they will cancel a radio (maybe) so the impact will be negligible.
Well, a least a handful of people have done so this weekend. We'll just have to wait and see.
munchoff.gif

Last edited:

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
And not being a Bubba listener, I'm sure you don't appreciate the irony of bringing up that "1%" figure seeing as that's exactly how Brent referred to the people on forums. :jj:

It MUST be that I got that "1%" theory from listening to Bubba's show; it couldn't be that its a common remark made about the nature of internet forums in genneral. :rolleyes:

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I didn't say you did, I just found it funny.

Gotcha - sorry. I'm not going to claim that I am not guilty of watching/listening/patronizing things I don't like, but I really don't listen to him. I tried, but I didn't make it past 5 minutes. Honestly, I don't care what he does, it just bothers me that I have to pay for him. Now that it seems that I won't, I wish him the best.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I will be canceling my 3 other subscriptions. I have a life time subscription on my SL2 so I will just use that and get a couple more kits.