Various Thoughts

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'd be interested to know how they re-cut the Thursday/Friday shows.

They started today by Howard doing his "Goooood morrrrning everybodaaaayyy" thing and then he went straight into "We're going to bring in King of All Blacks."

I wonder if the "Good morning" was a live bit from previously in the week or it was a new bit that Howard recorded off-air and they edited it in.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'd be interested to know how they re-cut the Thursday/Friday shows.

They started today by Howard doing his "Goooood morrrrning everybodaaaayyy" thing and then he went straight into "We're going to bring in King of All Blacks."

I wonder if the "Good morning" was a live bit from previously in the week or it was a new bit that Howard recorded off-air and they edited it in.
So you're saying this is a replacement for how he actually started this week's shows?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So you're saying this is a replacement for how he actually started this week's shows?

I've noticed it the past few weeks, if not longer.

They definitely re-cut the intro to the Thursday/Friday shows vs when they're originally live earlier in the week.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
At the Royal Wedding, Oprah had to wait for close to two hours before Meghan Markle showed up.

It'll never happen, but I'd love her to be all uppity about that and for Howard to go an hour-long kvetch-fest.

Perhaps it's a little "just dessert" that the "Queen of All Media" had to wait for someone more important than her. The horror!

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
What's better than a Brent Hatley concert AND Bubba 199?

Booey 100! All the muh-muh music! All day today on Howard 100.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I've been listening to Booey 100 all week long...pause and resume as necessary.

I stumbled across the Christmas segment. There's a Baba Booey version of Release Robin's Bra. :celebrate1::laugh:

Creepy Ronnie songs after that.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
About 4 hr, 54 mins into Booey 100 is a Name Game parody.

I'm sure Howard loves it and Beth hates it.

I also got to hear one of my faaaa-vorites, the Barbara Ann parody.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Listened to the Letterman interview (promoting Netflix bits). I had listened before but somehow it did not sink in. in my opinion, a very good interview. Not 100% like the Seinfeld interview ("Let's not do it again. It can never be as good") but so good for so much of the interview. Howard dared to do his obnoxious cutting off ("pacing", his pretentious word for it) a few times but generally was respectful. Dave gathered coolness momentum as the interview went on. Many funny moments by both giants and good interjections by Robin. .

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This is pretty funny.

I also recently saw Howard on the Netflix special. It's basically a very condensed version of Private Parts with the high school stuff, the first job, meeting Robin and then moving to Sirius. He also touches upon why the show changed from the lesbian strippers butt bongo stuff to the very long interviews we have now.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The Letterman show?
I thought it was pretty good. Howard was a lot more relaxed than when he would appear on the Late Night show.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The Letterman show?
I thought it was pretty good. Howard was a lot more relaxed than when he would appear on the Late Night show.

Yeah... He also did his usual schtick of trying to interview Dave, but it was a good view.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah... He also did his usual schtick of trying to interview Dave, but it was a good view.
The "My Next Guest" show is a good format for that to happen though. It's more conversational than the typical talk show. Some of the other guests have turned the tables a bit too. Dave does a good job of deflecting the attention.