This is Jeopardy!

Clarification.
The way that Ken announced the leader-board at the start of the show, both me and the Mrs thought that Ken was about to be passed by Jamie.
Not the case.
1777337024707.webp
 
Of course, with all the tournaments, there are a bunch of other stats and standout players, like Andrew He, Drew Goins, Yogesh Rout, Victoria Grose, Brad Rutter, and Sam Buttrey. Jamie will have to go up against these braniacs.
 
Twice in the last week, jeopardy has been pre-empted by primary debates. That includes yesterday. I see we have a new champion, but she oddly bet it all while leading. Strange.
 
I don't believe there's a more awkward moment in television, than when the contestant eliminated from final Jeopardy returns to the podium for the closing credits.
 
I don't believe there's a more awkward moment in television, than when the contestant eliminated from final Jeopardy returns to the podium for the closing credits.
There is probably a clause that in order to get the board game he has to do it. It is strange they don't have him/her stand there through final jeopardy and that they bring him/her back for closing credits.
 
On the regular Jeopardy game last night, the Final Jeopardy question was something about Lake Pontchartrain, so I figured Aaron probably got that one.

Now, onto the Celebrity Jeopardy All-Stars semi-final game last night, or not. For some reason, although they've been airing CJAS on Fridays, they decided to cram the semis and finals into consecutive weekdays. So on my band rehearsal Tuesday, they aired the semifinal with my favorite celebrity to look at, Katie Nolan.
1778675419016.png

BUT I COULDN'T WATCH IT!!! I got home from rehearsal, watched regular Jeopardy, but then there was no new CJAS recorded. PREEMPTED BY CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE DEBATES. Fuck them, and fuck politics. I had to read about it. Mina Kimes won a close match over Nolan and Lisa Ann Walter. This is from a clip of Final Jeopardy on YouTube. Ken is starting to say "And Mina Kimes, you're advancing to the CJAS finals".
1778676704144.png

But the always wonderful Google A.I. had this to say
1778677607794.png

WTF? Google A.I. gives the wrong result?! That's comforting. :rolleyes:
 
I’ve basically given up on Jeopardy the last few weeks because the commercial breaks have been unbearably political.
We have the same issue when watching network TV live, but we record most of the shows we watch. So the trick is to start it later, and skip the commercials.
 
I get cable from a local provider but best I can tell I do not have any record or pause options anywhere, remote control or in menu options.
 
I get cable from a local provider but best I can tell I do not have any record or pause options anywhere, remote control or in menu options.
Back when we had cable, the main box had a DVR, and the other TVs just had smaller converter boxes only. But the box with the DVR is something you choose when you sign-up for service.
 
The monthly trivia game at work.... I've had it. I'm going to offer it to someone else to pick the questions.
I'm tired of (paraphrasing George Costanza) trying to "dumb it down for some bonehead mass audience". :)

This question here:
What is the capital city of Canada?
A. Toronto
B. Quebec
C. Ottawa
D. Montreal

2 people out of 18 got it right. I didn't ask for the capital city of Belarus. I didn't ask for the 4th most populated city in Saskatchewan.
Looking for the capital city of the humongous neighbor to the North of us and only 2 out of 18 got it right. Not apologizing for that question.
 
The monthly trivia game at work.... I've had it. I'm going to offer it to someone else to pick the questions.
I'm tired of (paraphrasing George Costanza) trying to "dumb it down for some bonehead mass audience". :)

This question here:
What is the capital city of Canada?
A. Toronto
B. Quebec
C. Ottawa
D. Montreal

2 people out of 18 got it right. I didn't ask for the capital city of Belarus. I didn't ask for the 4th most populated city in Saskatchewan.
Looking for the capital city of the humongous neighbor to the North of us and only 2 out of 18 got it right. Not apologizing for that question.
You would be surprised how many people who live here in Toronto think that Toronto is the capital.

And everybody knows the forth most populated city in Saskatchewan is Moose Jaw.
 
The monthly trivia game at work.... I've had it. I'm going to offer it to someone else to pick the questions.
I'm tired of (paraphrasing George Costanza) trying to "dumb it down for some bonehead mass audience". :)

This question here:
What is the capital city of Canada?
A. Toronto
B. Quebec
C. Ottawa
D. Montreal

2 people out of 18 got it right. I didn't ask for the capital city of Belarus. I didn't ask for the 4th most populated city in Saskatchewan.
Looking for the capital city of the humongous neighbor to the North of us and only 2 out of 18 got it right. Not apologizing for that question.
With apologies to Hectic (who would've said this): people stoopid.

Maybe if you asked what city Justin Bieber was born in, you'd get more correct answers.
 
Back
Top Bottom