The Random Post Thread

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Yes, it happened – but Mister Rogers was not "giving kids the finger." He was singing the song Where Is Thumbkin. There is a verse for each of the five fingers and with the singing of each verse, the appropriate finger is to be extended. The line "Where is tall man" applies to the middle finger and, well, you see what he did. It was completely innocent, though. You can hear the song and see the lyrics here:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Random...

Question... Is Ferris Bueller older or younger than his sister Jeanie? The internet seems to think they have to be twins. He's a senior in high school so she can't be older because she's in the same school. And she's not younger because the parents wouldn't have bought the younger sister a car but not the older brother.

• Wow
Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Random...

Question... Is Ferris Bueller older or younger than his sister Jeanie? The internet seems to think they have to be twins. He's a senior in high school so she can't be older because she's in the same school. And she's not younger because the parents wouldn't have bought the younger sister a car but not the older brother.

I thought she was grade 11. And they bought him a computer instead of a car. When Ferris was made, that was a huge investment.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I thought she was grade 11. And they bought him a computer instead of a car. When Ferris was made, that was a huge investment.
I agree, he was definitely about to go to college (and leave Sloane behind), and the Jennifer Gray character was a junior or something. He obviously had a driver's license, but the premise was that he'd live at some Ivy League school, and not need a car. And maybe the sister's car was a hand-me-down from him.

Also, if you dial-in a bit of sexism that lingered back then, she would need a car more than him, for both personal protection, and so she wouldn't have to exert herself.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
You may be wrong for all I know you may be right...

One site's theory:

Or they could be 9 or 10 months apart and in the same school year. I guess we'll never really know.

And yes, there were two younger siblings, but they were dropped from the movie...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm sure this has been discussed but I must have missed it.

What happened to Meme? I miss our resident cycling grump.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm sure this has been discussed but I must have missed it.

What happened to Meme? I miss our resident cycling grump.
He got lost in a blog.
He was posting less and less often, mostly to review movies he'd seen. Then he got a blog (as IRBS pointed-out) to post his reviews, and that was the end of him.

Some people here are Facebook friends with him, but I don't suppose they'd persuade him to visit.