PS3: Resident Evil 5 Demo

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
FYI: It's up on the Playstation Store as of today.

It's been in development FOREVER! I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like (tonight). Just thought I'd post this if anyone might be interested.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
We've had the demo on the Xbox 360 for quite some time.

The controls took some getting used to, but then again, the last Resident Evil game I played was Resident Evil 3 and that used a COMPLETELY different system of gameplay.

I'm looking forward to the game... It will be released on Friday March 13th.

Last edited:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
We've had the demo on the Xbox 360 for quite some time.

The controls took some getting used to, but then again, the last Resident Evil game I played was Resident Evil 3 and that used a COMPLETELY different system of gameplay.

I'm looking forward to the game... It will be released on Friday March 13th.

It looks good on the PS3, the only thing that I don't like, and really need to get used to are the complicated controls. Every button on the controller is mapped for something and there seems to be a a lot to do for simple things. Press and hold this button to aim, while using the toggle to move to your target area, and pressing this other button to shoot... etc.

I like more simple, straightforward controls.

The graphics are very good, and it showcases the power of the PS3... there were times where I was totally overwhelmed with tons of zombies in the same area, and I didn't see any slowdown at all.

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
The graphics are very good, and it showcases the power of the PS3... there were times where I was totally overwhelmed with tons of zombies in the same area, and I didn't see any slowdown at all.

Apparently, the Xbox 360 version has a slight edge over the PS3 version (but then again, they are only comparing the demo, and not the final build of the game).

The Horror Is Alive

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
I will download it some time this week. I played the original RE on the first PS and that was killer back then. :)

I personally don't give two shits what reviewers say about 360 vs. PS3 graphics. It sounds like utter fanboyism to me.

Last edited:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Apparently, the Xbox 360 version has a slight edge over the PS3 version (but then again, they are only comparing the demo, and not the final build of the game).

The Horror Is Alive

:clueless:

I don't know.. for one, I know nothing about the 360, other than it was released before the PS3.

As far as my experience with the PS3 though, it's amazing. And the built-in Blu Ray player is AWESOME.

I love the thing!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I just saw the Demo on 360, looks pretty nice, and looks harder then 4. I had 4 on gamecube when it first came out and was exclusive, then got it again on wii, loved the controls. I think they could port it to wii if they tried, and it'd transfer nicely.

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I just saw the Demo on 360, looks pretty nice, and looks harder then 4. I had 4 on gamecube when it first came out and was exclusive, then got it again on wii, loved the controls. I think they could port it to wii if they tried, and it'd transfer nicely.

I had no idea that they released #4 on the Wii... How does it work with the remote control thingamajig?

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Does anyone know if the executioner is killable? Or is he just to be avoided?

I got chopped twice by the dude. And he missed my neck, I got my body chopped in half. lol

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I had no idea that they released #4 on the Wii... How does it work with the remote control thingamajig?

It works pretty smoothly once you've played it for a few minutes. It's incredibly intuitive, and graphically, it's just a cube port, but it still looks great, and yes, plays awesome. With aiming the wiimote and walking with the nunchuck, it's easy to get into and aim way more precisely

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I beat both levels... Yes, you're supposed to kill him.

How do you do it? Just keep nailing his head??

For some reason, I haven't been able to kill him!

(but then again, I was being attacked by zombies at the time! LOL)

:cool:

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
How do you do it? Just keep nailing his head??

For some reason, I haven't been able to kill him!

(but then again, I was being attacked by zombies at the time! LOL)

:cool:

Aim for the head and try to do some uppercuts (blue button) when he's down... Also, there are explosive barrels (try to lure him to one of the barrels and blow it up).