Poor direction. The director should be knowing which camera he/she is going to cut to and he/she should have the name forwarded to the name on screen guy/gal. If they are missing that, then it is poor direction.I always watch the SOTU. I don't care if it's a President I support or not giving it, I like making a point to watch it. I mean, I support the country either way and like to hear what the current leader has to say.
With this one I can't help but think they should have an NFL crew producing it. Those guys are really good and getting stats up on the screen real quick. I'm watching it on ABC and they keep cutting to various senators and reps and half the time they don't get their name on the screen before they cut away. I mean I know all the big players but the randos they cut to I could use the little title card identifying them.
I stopped watching it years ago. I get infuriated by some of the reactions.
I've let politics stress me out in recent years. I was happier when I was oblivious to what was going on...
Judging from the crowd shots, that's pretty accurate. There were a lot more schmucks on either side of the aisle standing at the same time. Usually, for the last 12 years or so, it be either party or the other standing to applaud. This time there was a lot more bipartisan clapping. They were even doing it more for non Ukraine stuff than usual.There's nothing like a war to bring people together.
We switched over to Billions. S6E2.While I make a point to watch the SOTU no matter the party in power of the executive, I also make a point to not watch the opposite party's response.
I quickly went back to random Youtube videos when it started.
Same here. I also stopped watching, even when I liked the President, because I didn't like the half-standing/half-sitting thing, or congressmen shouting things like "You Lie". There used to be some degree of civility. That, and the speech is typically a series of pie-in-the-sky platitudes, which elicits applause from some segment of the crowd every 12 seconds.I stopped watching it years ago. I get infuriated by some of the reactions.
I've let politics stress me out in recent years. I was happier when I was oblivious to what was going on...
You’re wrong.So here's my very basic take.
Tell me how I'm wrong.
President Biden got gas up to $3.50 average cause he shut down that American Indian/Canadian pipeline.
Now gas shot up to $4+ cause fuckin Putin with his assholness shut down that Germany to Russia pipeline.
Am I anywhere close here? You all seem to be smarter than I but I don't really think you are, I think you just can in some respects slightly post better than I.
Also, overall I think my posts are kinda smart while also being dumb and silly.
You all know I'm a dick right?
Most governments are boycotting Russian oil. Which means they are getting their supply from elsewhere. This means demand is higher than supply causing prices to rise globally. Even if you guys supplied all your own oil you would still pay the world price. If you had a well in Texas and you could sell for $100 overseas or $40 locally what would you do? So the price is the same.So here's my very basic take.
Tell me how I'm wrong.
President Biden got gas up to $3.50 average cause he shut down that American Indian/Canadian pipeline.
Now gas shot up to $4+ cause fuckin Putin with his assholness shut down that Germany to Russia pipeline.
Am I anywhere close here? You all seem to be smarter than I but I don't really think you are, I think you just can in some respects slightly post better than I.
Also, overall I think my posts are kinda smart while also being dumb and silly.
You all know I'm a dick right?
Um yeah, wrong. I've never actually heard anyone else mention the pipeline, because it doesn't exist yet, and whenever it got going (in 20 years), it'll be insignificant.So here's my very basic take.
Tell me how I'm wrong.
President Biden got gas up to $3.50 average cause he shut down that American Indian/Canadian pipeline.
Now gas shot up to $4+ cause fuckin Putin with his assholness shut down that Germany to Russia pipeline.
Am I anywhere close here? You all seem to be smarter than I but I don't really think you are, I think you just can in some respects slightly post better than I.
Also, overall I think my posts are kinda smart while also being dumb and silly.
You all know I'm a dick right?
