MLB Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Reds deal Keppinger to Astros

He just was not the same after he got injured last year. I wish him the best only when not playing the Reds. He will probably bat .700 against us. :(

He can play all the infield positions.

SARASOTA, Fla. -- The Cincinnati Reds began clearing up their utility-infielder picture by dealing Jeff Keppinger to the Houston Astros for a Minor League player to be named later on Tuesday.

Reds deal Keppinger to Astros | reds.com: News

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Word up is the Phillies may be interested in the just released Gary Sheffield.
(499 career Homeruns)

Are they trying to wreck team chemistry? And what would they want with a DH in a league with no DH?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Is the player to be named later your shortstop?

Are you talking about Drew Sutton? The Astros originally said he was the guy to be sent to Cincy in this deal, but now they say it's a player to be named later and cash. So who knows?

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
As long as Berkman is healthy, which I do not believe he is, they should hang around for a little while. The Cardinals should be strong and the Cubs are everyone's sexy pick. I think the Stros will hover on the five hundred fence for a while before falling to injuries...and better teams.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
As long as Berkman is healthy, which I do not believe he is, they should hang around for a little while. The Cardinals should be strong and the Cubs are everyone's sexy pick. I think the Stros will hover on the five hundred fence for a while before falling to injuries...and better teams.

Bottom line with the Astros is NO STARTING PITCHING. After Roy-O, it's embarrassing.

Wandy Rodriguez?
Brian Moehler?
Mike Hampton?
Brandon Backe?
Russ freaking Ortiz?!?!

I don't want to even imagine Oswalt going down with another injury like last season. They're going to give up a lot of runs. The lineup will be decent, but man are they gonna give up some runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.