Miscellaneous News Thread

Man Learns Suspected Lung Tumor Is Playmobil Traffic Cone He Inhaled 40 Years Earlier
corlnfvmfbtqmk5nmzko.jpg
 
That reminds me of the line from Get A life.
Chris holds up an X-ray of his chest. Someone looks at it and says, "Are those jacks? They made you eat jacks?"
Chris "No....but they're in me....."
 
Last edited:
I may have referenced this case before. Mike Gill, a prominent businessman in our area, who has a chain of mortgage loan offices, was displaying incendiary messages about other businessmen, elected officials, and judges. He just lost a defamation suit, and the defendants were awarded $274 million. For years, the electronic signs were unavoidable when you drove over the state line into NH.
Jury awards more than $274M in billboard defamation case

upload_2017-10-2_11-47-34.webp
 
Last edited:
I may have referenced this case before. Mike Gill, a prominent businessman in our area, who has a chain of mortgage loan offices, was displaying incendiary messages about other businessmen, elected officials, and judges. He just lost a defamation suit, and the defendants were awarded $274 million. For years, the electronic signs were unavoidable when you drove over the state line into NH.
Jury awards more than $274M in billboard defamation case

View attachment 3891

Holy shit, yea you did mention that. I saw some article about it over the weekend where they called the offender a radio host so I didn't put it together.
 
Holy shit, yea you did mention that. I saw some article about it over the weekend where they called the offender a radio host so I didn't put it together.
He started a website called "state of corruption", and he hosted a radio show with the same name. It was all geared towards shitting on those who've "wronged" him. The mortgage business is called The Mortgage Specialists.
 
I was going to put this in the Music forum, but
A) It's a SiriusXM Music forum, and this is general music, and
B) There's no RRHOF thread
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2018 nominees announced - CNN
  • Bon Jovi
  • Kate Bush
  • The Cars
  • Depeche Mode
  • Dire Straits
  • Eurythmics
  • J. Geils Band
  • Judas Priest
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • The Meters
  • Moody Blues
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Nina Simone
  • Sister Rosetta Tharpe
  • Link Wray
  • The Zombies
 
I was going to put this in the Music forum, but
A) It's a SiriusXM Music forum, and this is general music, and
B) There's no RRHOF thread
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2018 nominees announced - CNN
  • Bon Jovi
  • Kate Bush
  • The Cars
  • Depeche Mode
  • Dire Straits
  • Eurythmics
  • J. Geils Band
  • Judas Priest
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • The Meters
  • Moody Blues
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Nina Simone
  • Sister Rosetta Tharpe
  • Link Wray
  • The Zombies

There a few RRHOF threads around here, maybe they should be merged into one thread?

Rock 'n Roll HOF announces nominees
2012 Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame Nominees Announced:
The "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Sucks" Thread
Nirvana is on the ballot for 2014 RRHOF
 
Last edited:
I was going to put this in the Music forum, but
A) It's a SiriusXM Music forum, and this is general music, and
B) There's no RRHOF thread
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2018 nominees announced - CNN
  • Bon Jovi
  • Kate Bush
  • The Cars
  • Depeche Mode
  • Dire Straits
  • Eurythmics
  • J. Geils Band
  • Judas Priest
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • The Meters
  • Moody Blues
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Nina Simone
  • Sister Rosetta Tharpe
  • Link Wray
  • The Zombies

I thought Bon Jovi was already in the RRHOF, there first record was released over 30 years ago.

I googled "rock and roll hall of fame qualifications"

Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artists' contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.
 
Back
Top Bottom