Miscellaneous News Thread

Woman 'sucked out of' Southwest Airlines plane after shrapnel from exploding engine smashes window | Daily Mail Online

Getting half sucked through a plane window until the other passengers pull you back in is a horror story you see in movies.

4B41AE5200000578-5626379-This_is_the_window_which_was_shattered_by_a_piece_of_shrapnel_fr-a-36_1523987785629.jpg


4B41E54800000578-5626379-image-a-41_1523988031372.jpg


Stories like this will make me wear my seat belt on planes the entire time.
 
That, sucks. They tell you to have your seat belt on when you’re sitting in your seat

The story already sucks and you had to say the word suck. :p

That is very scary and something you almost see in the movies.
 
Last edited:
Passenger Marty Martinez posted a brief Facebook Live video showing him donning his oxygen mask. "Something is wrong with our plane!," he wrote. "It appears we are going down! Emergency landing!! Southwest flight from NYC to Dallas!!"

9mhGb8O.gif
I was reading about this guy. Apparently, he felt that texting each loved one individually would be too stressful and time-consuming, so he purchased the internet package while the plane was plummeting, and went on Facebook Live.
 
Currently, I'm in Phoenix visiting my mother. I took Southwest to see her.

My local airport in Michigan has Allegiant, the airline that 60 Minutes just lambasted for their lousy safety record. So many people have told me to check out Allegiant since they have direct flights to Phoenix. However, they fly to Mesa and my mom lives closer to Sky Harbor. I've heard about their mechanical mishaps over the years prior to the 60 Minutes report and simply refuse to fly with them.

To me, Southwest's engine mishap is good news for Allegiant since their stock price has been going down since the report aired on Sunday. It was ages since Southwest had a snafu; I think it was a plane that landed at the wrong airport. All the others had to deal with dragging passengers off planes.

Considering this incident, I hope this doesn't sour Southwest's reputation. Overall, they have one of the best records of any airline. They're the only airline I fly.
 
Someone doesn't understand how the mile-high club is supposed to work.

I wonder what it would feel like if there was a little glory hole sized window on a plane that could be opened. It would probably hurt but the temptation would be ever present. Like that old joke about the barn with the 3 holes.
 
I wonder what it would feel like if there was a little glory hole sized window on a plane that could be opened. It would probably hurt but the temptation would be ever present. Like that old joke about the barn with the 3 holes.
I can't decide what's more demented - this post, or the one where you detail sex with a manatee.
 
I can't decide what's more demented - this post, or the one where you detail sex with a manatee.

At least that post was a joke. :idk:

I fully stand by this post:

just to get it out of the way bestiality is gross and wrong.

now that i got that out of the way here are my reasons why banging a manatee wouldn't be so bad. first off they are sweet and kind so it would be a gentle lover. second, and this is the MOST important part, they are water animals. most animals are slobs who don't clean their genital area. however if you live in the water you are pretty much constantly taking a bath and thus have cleaner nether regions.

the consent thing is a big problem. that's the main thing holding me back. i wouldn't want to upset a manatee in any way and there is no way to tell what it is actually thinking. google needs to come up with some sort of manatee translator so i can get busy.
 
Wow, I seen tumbleweeds roaming through the desert. But nothing like that.
 
Choo Choo! Here comes to poop train!

Train full of NYC sewage parked by an Alabama little league field | Daily Mail Online

'Oh my goodness, it's just a nightmare here,' said Mayor Heather Hall. 'It smells like rotting corpses, or carcasses. It smells like death.'

wire-2733146-1524052908-864_634x429.jpg


ed90cd3c-58de-41c3-80f7-6119b40f894e.jpeg
Ha! What a mess. The train cars are appropriately named, as this is a stench of epic proportions
upload_2018-4-18_16-36-6.webp

It looks like the waste from all the blue states are being dumped in red states, making them the real shitholes.
 
I don't like the sound of this idea. To me something easily hackable and mess with.

 
There must be a lot of prisoners from the tech sector in your state these days.

I doubt that this is probably the stuff that put them in prison. Plus it will probably make a lot of prisoners lose their job by stamping license plates.
 
Back
Top Bottom