Miscellaneous News Thread

Pretty sure stop signs are for everyone.
Much of the time, I come to an intersection that has no crossing traffic, but I have to stop or sit at a red light anyway. I don't need a stop sign to tell me that I should stop if there are cars crossing. I can figure that out without a sign.
Apparently you have strong feelings concerning my dumb jokes about cripples and buses.
Maybe your jokes should be funnier.
 
Much of the time, I come to an intersection that has no crossing traffic, but I have to stop or sit at a red light anyway. I don't need a stop sign to tell me that I should stop if there are cars crossing. I can figure that out without a sign.

How will you know if it is a 4 way stop or a 2 way stop? Or which 2 ways stop at the 2 way stop?
 
Utah people are driving onto a rock.

Utah drivers keep hitting large rock in middle of parking lot | Daily Mail Online

4B0BC7F000000578-5603461-image-m-27_1523454085634.jpg


(I think it's an even slower than normal news day over at The Mail HQ.)
 
How will you know if it is a 4 way stop or a 2 way stop? Or which 2 ways stop at the 2 way stop?
A red/yellow blinker or yield sign would probably be adequate for 95% of all intersections. It lets the driver know of the presence of an intersection, and who has priority. Certainly, there are busy intersections which require a traffic light to regulate traffic flow. But most of the time, we're all sitting at traffic lights for no reason, other than the fact that it's illegal to run a red light.
 
A red/yellow blinker or yield sign would probably be adequate for 95% of all intersections. It lets the driver know of the presence of an intersection, and who has priority. Certainly, there are busy intersections which require a traffic light to regulate traffic flow. But most of the time, we're all sitting at traffic lights for no reason, other than the fact that it's illegal to run a red light.

Maybe that's the case out in the boonies. In the big city there are cars waiting at almost all of the red lights when they turn green, day and night.

Stop signs are one of the best examples of good regulation. Go cut a few down and see what happens if you don't believe me. Well, maybe not out in the boonies. But most people don't live in the boonies.
 
Maybe that's the case out in the boonies. In the big city there are cars waiting at almost all of the red lights when they turn green, day and night.

Stop signs are one of the best examples of good regulation. Go cut a few down and see what happens if you don't believe me. Well, maybe not out in the boonies. But most people don't live in the boonies.
I spend most of my time in the boonies.
 
Back
Top Bottom