I love SIRIUS XM!

And back to Dick Golden, I requested a Playlist of this week's American Jazz Show and told him how much I liked his show and he sent back a personal Thank You response. I was so excited I showed it to my Sweetie

That's really cool. I love hearing stuff like that. I'm sure he was happy to have a fan reach out just like you were happy he responded.

Also..........

I bet the airwaves get completely covered with American Jazz when Dick Golden lets himself go.
 
I am listening to a new show (for me) on 50's: Little Anthony and the Music
Little Anthony promoted it at the Happy Together concert I went to last weekend
Last week his guest was Tony Orlando
 
Little Anthony [Jerome Anthony Gourdine] & The Imperials formed in 1957 in Brooklyn and had seven top-40 hits and three top-tens: Tears On My Pillow, Goin' Out Of My Head and Hurt So Bad. Anthony left in 1975 for a solo career. You ask how many solo hits he's had? None.

In 1992, Little Anthony & The Imperials, one of nine bands who reunited for a "Return Of The Legends" concert at Madison Square Garden, decided to stay together. They continue to tour in 2025 with original members Anthony Gourdine and Ernest Wright, Robert DeBlanc (who joined in 2010) and Johnny Britt (who joined in 2012).

"Little Anthony & The Music" airs Tuesdays at 9 AM Eastern time and Saturdays at 6 PM Eastern time on '50s Gold, SiriusXM 72.
 
My next program listen on my phone app was the Coffeehouse Pumpkin Spice Mix. It was a two-hour program with a nice Autumn flavor. Most enjoyable with nice weather we have had here
 
Olivia Dean's The Art Of Loving CD will be released September 26. Man I Need, the third single from the album, is #2 in the UK this week, behind Golden by HUNTR/X, a female trio from the Netflix animated series KPop Demon Hunters. Because HUNTR/X is not a real group, they can't tour in support of their number-one single. See also: The Archies' Sugar Sugar, 1969.

 
The earliest "Sirius" song I can find is Star Of Sirius from Steve Hackett's first solo album, Voyage Of The Acolyte (1975). It features his fellow Genesis members Mike Rutherford on guitar and Phil Collins on vibraphone and harmony vocals.



Among the other "Sirius" songs:

Sirius – Clannad
Sirius – Satrio Pamungkas
Sirius – Alan Parsons Project
Sirius Blac – Earl Sweatshirt & The Alchemist
Sirius Black – WiFiGawd & Soudiere
Sirius Executives – FreQuency
To Sirius – Gojira
You Can't Be Sirius – Flight Patterns
 
NFL Sunday Drive on NFL Radio is a nice way to keep up with all the games. I used it for the noon and 3pm games while I was biking and cleaning the house.
I was nervous about putting it on pause though (with my phone) as I didn't want it to start over. I think that happened to me last Sunday
 
Yeah the VJ big 40 episode I was listening to started over when I got up to #14. Fortunately the live show was going and I picked it up right at #13.
 
Yeah the VJ big 40 episode I was listening to started over when I got up to #14. Fortunately the live show was going and I picked it up right at #13.
I listened to a new mix before it bugged out on me. 80's on 8 Homecoming Mix 1985. I'll have to try again. It was from my college graduate year.
I got a job from 2 1/2 years before going to college. I've been out of school for 40 years but still have dreams that I never graduated
 
I've been out of school for 40 years but still have dreams that I never graduated
Haha! My recurring dream always involves being in the office, and then realizing I'm supposed to be in classes at college. I'm either missing signups for classes, or exams. And the dream involves me trying to get to school by train (which is how I got there), and I'm at the wrong station, or it's not stopping, or I'm late or lost on campus.
 
Those flashbacks are the worst.

It seemed like every class that we took they told us that if didn't do well we wouldn't be able to graduate.

The nights of cold sweats were unending. I had PTSD for a few years.
 
Back
Top Bottom