For non-Mac users

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Okay good for you, that is your choice. However their are some of us that don't see shit through your eyes and thoughts. Mac fit the bill nice for us, which for whatever reason you just can't seem to let go of. So you don't like Apple, do I really care what you like? No, I didn't buy my Mac for you, I bought it for me. That is the point that you can't seem to get through your thick skull. No one is forcing you buy a freaking Mac, but don't chastise me because I bought one.
Im chastising you? How? the heavens gate macult joke? really DAB you need to lighten up a bit. Watch some python.

Edit: "end of story"????

I think memebags thread was because he wonders when you guys will reach that point...if ever.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Im chastising you? How? the heavens gate macult joke? really DAB you need to lighten up a bit. Watch some python.

You been going on and on all day about this stuff, one time they are over price, one time apple sucks, one time its this, one time its that. I think we know by now you don't like Apple and you don't want a Mac. Okay, we accept that! Now what?

mrpacs now he actually brought some legit discussion to the table talking about the computer itself and why it didn't fit the bill for him. You want to talk about all this stuff based on principle and that is fine, but I don't give two shits about that stuff. If you do fine! If you think that is a good enough reason not to get a Mac okay I am fine with that too.

Bottom line is Macs are not for everyone and yet there are those that won't buy anything else. (End of the Story what more is there to say?) In case you haven't notice, I like f**cking with you Xan so far me that IS fun! There Beer is NOT bad either! LOL

I know why Mem started this thread, that became very clear when he started with the sucker line! But taking him at face value why would anyone really care how long a thread goes? Oops... I guess we are off topic! Let me get us back on topic!

I think the Snow Leopard thread will go on as long as those of us that have Macs want to talk about it decides to do so. Maybe someone will have a problem (OMG Mac have problems?) or maybe someone new will buy a Mac and need help. Then again maybe no one will ever post in that thread again EVER! Stay tune for the next exciting episode of WHEN will the Snow Leopard thread Die! ROTFLOL!!!

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Uhg, I did want a mac, specifically cause it was a high end machine with a matte screen. I was saving for one, then I found out they had done away with them.

memebag, How will we determine when the snowkitty thread is dead?

BMF, you in?

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
DAB said:
Okay good for you, that is your choice. However their are some of us that don't see shit through your eyes and thoughts. Mac fit the bill nice for us, which for whatever reason you just can't seem to let go of. So you don't like Apple, do I really care what you like? No, I didn't buy my Mac for you, I bought it for me. That is the point that you can't seem to get through your thick skull. No one is forcing you buy a freaking Mac, but don't chastise others because they bought one. We all have a choice, you made yours and I made mine. End of the story!

xan_user said:

DAB said:
You been going on and on all day about this stuff, one time they are over price, one time apple sucks, one time its this, one time its that. I think we know by now you don't like Apple and you don't want a Mac. Okay, we accept that! Now what?

:popcorn:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Oh.

They can yak about it as long as they want, the Windows 7 thread will always be #1 :egypt:

I have no problem with Apple users, it's all a matter of preference. I prefer Microsoft, DAB prefers Apple, and I'm sure there are even a few of you that prefer UNIX based operating systems such as Linux or BSD.

Nothing wrong with showing your support for a product you truly enjoy as long as you don't go overboard with it, and start acting like a dick.

EDIT: I must note that my last comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just a generalisation.

Last edited:

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
FAIL-Cats-We-shall-decide.jpg

:D

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hello! :) hehehe

Oh.

They can yak about it as long as they want, the Windows 7 thread will always be #1 :egypt:

I have no problem with Apple users, it's all a matter of preference. I prefer Microsoft, DAB prefers Apple, and I'm sure there are even a few of you that prefer UNIX based operating systems such as Linux or BSD.

There you go that is exactly correct and there are also many of us that use multiple OS's. I use both Mac OS X and Windows 7.

No more excuses, buddeh

Amen and Amen! LOL

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
No more excuses, buddeh!

:D

Crap! I spent my money on netbooks for me and the kids already...to bad I got bum info before I made my decision. Oh well 3 for the price of one and change left over to go out to the movies is cool.

MM's said:
Just got home with a 13" MacBook Pro and a free iPod Touch 8g for the wife.

Just thought I'd share. :churn:

congrats!
matte or glass screen?

All Mac have glossy screens now!
:confused: that will teach me to trust some DRC members for tech info.:p

Ironically it turns out DABs at least partially to blame for me being a mac hater.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
:confused: that will teach me to trust some DRC members for tech info.:p

Ironically it turns out DABs at least partially to blame for me being a mac hater.

ROTFLOL, Right like you never went to the Apple site and checked for yourself, you just took my word for it. :yesshake: Just for the record though the 17" model has always been available with matte display and the 15" it was just added very recently and still not available on the 13" MBP. 3 post after I said that all Mac have gloss screens Evil_Ernie clarified that the 17" model still had the matte available. So this was made very clear in the thread!

I personally don't think you ever had any intention to buy a Mac. All one has to do is look through every Mac thread to find all your negative post. Sorry I have to call BS!

jef just called your bluff because the matte screen is now available on the 15" model and now we see nothing but excuses! We gotcha! :D

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
:confused:
A few months a ago I was looking to buy a 10-13 matte, and I thought mac was an option until I was informed by DAB no more matte. it was also pointed out that there is a 17" option. -cool, but I have a 17" matte notebook already and wanted a small portable. a week or two later I was in the mall and stopped by to verify that there was no longer 13"(or even 15") mattes. Mac sales ass. informed me that glossy was probably going to be gone from even the 17" soon.

Now apple has back peddled a and will offer matte on 15"/ and continue same offer on 17" for a 50$ premium. A glossy option should knock off $50, not the other way around.

So in apples infinite wisdom the most portable macbooks, the most affordable and most likely to get used outside, still only come in glossy. While the lugtops are now available how they used to be, only it will cost 50$ extra.

I was back to school shopping yesterday and stopped by the mac store, the sales ass. said the customer outcry against glossy was substantial and that possibly the 13" might get the matte "upgrade" option. ( he really hopped apple would drop the upgrade fee, but said it wasn't likely :()