DRC Rep Points Cheat Sheet Discussion

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by MM, Oct 13, 2008.

1. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Agreed. I think the OP may have been a little unsure regarding received points vs. given points (rep power points).

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

You can't specify how many. Its automatic. You will give me the points in your rep power. If you had 1 you would give me + or - 1. If you had 10, you would give me + or - 10. Right now you give 0 whether you specify good or bad.

3. starmate

starmate Member

Thanks for the info. MM. I'm trying to accumulate points, but for some reason they are getting deducted instead.

4. Deacon

Deacon Member

I finally understand! Thanks to all.

5. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

I gave up trying to figure this out on SBS too since I never got any points anyway.

6. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

Deacon had a rep power of 0 and limegrass69 has one. They each said they added to my reputation and it went from 12 to 13 so it seems if you have a 0 rep you are not giving any points.

So for those with a rep power of zero - POST POST POST - just reply ton BMF's posts for one day and your have your first 25.

Then anytime someone says something worthy, feel free to give them the rep points.

7. Manco

Manco Active Member

So how many rep points before getting another green block?

phillyphan likes this.
  8. Manco

Manco Active Member

I wonder if your Avatar has anything to do with that
    :hah:

9. Deacon

Deacon Member

I had to log out to see his Avatar as I have them hidden in my profile.

LOL...now I see what you mean!

10. mch

mch Member

Just speaking as someone who has posted for a long time on another board with rep points, they had a problem in that a clique of people would rep each other up into the stratosphere, other people would complain about their rep, and so on.

They had to set up really silly rules that you weren't allowed to even mention rep in a post, and later hid all rep feedback, and then finally set it so you simply had a green box or a red box and nobody could see who had more or less rep than anyone else.

In other words, it's a nice idea, but if things get cliquey it can be a hassle.

Manco and me_rubin like this.
  11. AZJoe

AZJoe Member

What was SBS?:p

12. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

"Was" implying past tence...

13. Manco

Manco Active Member

Good Point, most people here are not that way though.

I just gave you some rep, would appreciate the same ;)

14. Can't say that I have read every page of this thread, but ahhh......how do you give rep points ?

Forget it I finally figured it out.

15. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

If you look in the top right corner of everyone's posts, you'll see a little scale. Mouse over it and it will ask you if you want to add rep points.

16. Manco

Manco Active Member

Exactly. If you want to try it out on me I'll let you know if it worked ;)

TX WJ likes this.
  17. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Rep points, for Dethklok fans:

[​IMG]

18. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Oooh. Sorry about that...:eek:

limegrass69 likes this.
  19. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for bringing this up again since this is a old post/forum, but I'm just learning my way around DRC and have a question.

What are rep points for and what are they used for?

If people take them away from you, do you get kicked off, banned or somthing like that?

Don't mean to come accross clueless (please keep your comments to yourself lol) but I was just curious what they were for. I have recevied some and given some, just didn't know what they were used for.......... Thanks!! :)

20. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I dunno. But they're fun to give out...:)

I think it's a way to let the admin & mods see who's causing trouble. For reason to justify banishment...:shock:
    Posted via Mobile Device

antsie likes this.