Concerts you have attended?

There's a thread for that
I knew they were a Christian rock band but thought that meant their songs may have had a special meaning not that there was a sermon for each one.
 
Paul Simon is coming to Toronto. I tried to buy tickets but the price for the back row top balcony was over $250/ticket. No thank you. For 3 shows, Paul certainly will be raking in the change.

  • Prism & Streetheart [02/28 Casino Rama, Orillia, ON]

This show was on Friday. I took the afternoon off work as the concert was in a casino in Orilia (about 1.5 hour drive). I also had battle a snow storm. The drive was difficult but I made it. Usually we go to an Arby's for supper but that was across town from the Casino. Given the road conditions, I decided we would just eat at the Casino. They have a pretty good steakhouse although a bit pricey. We enjoyed some gambling. We each started with $30. I came out with $45.20. My son came out with $0.32 which he donated to charity.

The casino venue is a good venue. Each artist always comments on how good the staff is to them and how much they like the acoustics. I have always liked the sound here and I know when my wife came in her walker or wheelchair the staff was always very helpful. Tonight was no exception. The sound was wonderful. It was a more aged crowd although there were some kids. Nobody was smoking and this made for an enjoyable show. We were in the front row (if you don't count the row they leave for the staff in the front which they never sat in) of the second section (the first section with stadium seating). We had good view of the stage and the tv screen on our side. I will cover each act separately.

Prism

Setlist:
1. Spaceship Superstar
2. Flyin'
3. See Forever Eyes
4. Love in Vain (Al Harlow slide guitar instrumental)
5. Young and Restless
6. Take Me Away
7. Night to Remember
(drum solo)
8. Take Me to the Kaptin
9. Armageddon

Prism is a Canadian band from the late 70s and early 80s primarily. In 1984 their lead singer Ron Tabak was killed in a bicycle accident. Since then the lead singer duties have been picked up by the lead guitarist. My son preferred his sound (but did not like his stage show). I prefer Ron's. Ron had a much higher dynamic range and a bit of a softer voice. I enjoyed seeing the band but it's not the same as the first time I saw them in 1980ish. Overall this is the third time I have seen them. I saw them in 2020 with my wife as well. Good show.

Streetheart

Setlist:
1. Action
2. Pressure
3. Can You Feel It
4. Move on Over
5. Look at Me
6. Hollywood
7. Here Comes the Night (Lulu cover)
8. Tin Soldier (Small Faces cover)
(bass & drum solo)
9. Teenage Rage
10. Look In Your Eyes
11. What Kind of Love Is This
12. One More Time
13. Snow White
14. Under My Thumb (The Rolling Stones cover)

This is also my third time seeing Streetheart. All 3 have been after the death of Kenny Shields. The first was 2020 with my wife. I saw them again in 2024 with my son as well. He likes "One More Time" and "Snow White" a lot. The band originated in Regina, SK so you can imagine they got a lot of airplay there. "Under My Thumb" was released in September of 1979 and reached #1 for 4 weeks in January/February 1980 thanks to countless rotations and promotion of that single. It was their biggest hit. My favourite is "Here Comes The Night". The concert was good. The lead singer vocally is a dead ringer for Kenny Shields.

Overall a good concert and a good evening. The snow was done by the time the concert was over and the drive home was better.

Upcoming Shows:

2025:
  • Billy Joel [03/15 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON]
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic [07/09 Budweiser Stage, Toronto, ON]
 
Looks like I need to wait a full year to see Billy Joel. I read its due to a medical condition. I hope it does happen.


Upcoming Shows:

2025:
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic [07/09 Budweiser Stage, Toronto, ON]
2026:
  • Billy Joel [03/14 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON]
 
hotpockets-fc6c643a17b1bdfc96bae7ccb211317d648e49a6.png.webp
 
We just went to the Boston Ballet again on Sunday. Another delightful 3 act performance. The music for the 1st ballet was by Tchaikovsky. The 2nd ballet was a pair of contemporary acts, and then the 3rd ballet was done to a Stravinsky concerto. If you recall, the nutty-rich woman Mrs. Scotch works for is on the board.

Also, we got tickets to see the Black Keys at the Pavilion in Gilford NH on Aug. 15. Gary Clark Jr. is opening.
 
Last edited:
I've seen the Black Keys before, and thought that they were good in concert.
I'd like to see Gary Clark Jr. He's pretty damn good.
 
Or do you just sit at home and rent Phish concert videos?

This is exactly what I'm doing tonight. Phish are playing at the Hollywood Bowl and it's my first couch tour show of this tour and I'm super looking forward to it.

It's their 6th show of the spring tour.
 
We have looked at serveral concerts and just not been blown away by any of them. But today I saw a pre-sale for Bryan Adams that was reasonably priced. And since I had an American Express card I was in luck. So my son and I will see him again.

Upcoming Shows:

2025:
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic [07/09 Budweiser Stage, Toronto, ON]
  • Bryan Adams [10/03 Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, ON]
2026:
  • Billy Joel [03/14 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON]
 
We just went to the Boston Ballet again on Sunday.

There's a thread for that:


Ballerinas are hot tho....but that undermines my dumb joke.
 
Ballerinas are hot tho....but that undermines my dumb joke.
Just on an objective basis, the fitness, strength, flexibility, balance and overall abilities of ballet dancers are beyond belief. While the audience is usually quiet during the performances, there was one move in particular that was so stunning, it elicited gasps and applause. The male dancer was near the front of the stage, with his left arm extended horizontally. The female ran toward him from behind, jumped, and landed in a horizontal position on his arm, which he then curled around her. There was absolutely no other motion by the male, or any swaying or adjustment by the female. And it was a blind maneuver from the male's perspective.

But yeah, if you're into the classic supermodel look of completely toned with zero body fat, you'll really go for the ballerinas.
 
Just on an objective basis,

flexibility

The ability to put your leg behind your head is a special talent that should be appreciated and celebrated.

The male dancer

Eww. Don't ruin this.

The female ran toward him from behind, jumped, and landed in a horizontal position on his arm, which he then curled around her. There was absolutely no other motion by the male, or any swaying or adjustment by the female. And it was a blind maneuver from the male's perspective.

Jokes aside, so she landed the small of her back into the forearm area of his elbow?

And he didn't move at all?

I know those girls weigh like 85 lbs but still that's something.

Can you find a video of something like this because I'm having a hard (hehehehehehehehehehehe hard.....appropriate word for ballerina talk) time picturing it.
 
Last edited:
I couldn't find that exact clip, but this image is from a short video of an upcoming Boston Ballet performance (not the ballet we saw).

1747061733395.png
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom