I attended Grand Rapids' Upheaval Festival this weekend. Among the acts I saw were Rob Zombie, Falling in Reverse, Architects, Wage War, Taproot, The Plot In You, and The Funeral Portrait. Great show!
Funeral Portrait has couple of hit songs Suffocate City and Holy Water.The Funeral Portrait don't know 'em
I did their bio on Genius. They're named after a brothel.I saw Adelitas Way like a month ago at a small local venue. They were great.
This was Friday night. Let me start by saying that, in the 25 years the (now BankNH) Pavilion in Gilford NH has been open, this is embarrassingly our first time there. It's a great place, and very "adult friendly". Parking is easy and well-coordinated, and there's an entire "town-square village" of food and concessions outside the arena. And then there's concessions and bathrooms along the perimeter of the arena too. They actually have a stage with a live band playing in the town-square, pre-concert. I wonder how many bands play there, and put it on their resumes that they played the pavilion.we got tickets to see the Black Keys at the Pavilion in Gilford NH on Aug. 15. Gary Clark Jr. is opening.






I don't find this to be the case. For all my reviews of Budweiser stage in Toronto, it is an open air venue. It definitely would have been worse of indoors.And being in NH - the only New England state were pot is illegal - there was no pot smell until right near the end of the concert. Besides, it's an open-air pavilion with just a roof, so most smoking wouldn't be noticeable.
We saw the Keys a couple of years ago in Detroit.This was Friday night. Let me start by saying that, in the 25 years the (now BankNH) Pavilion in Gilford NH has been open, this is embarrassingly our first time there. It's a great place, and very "adult friendly". Parking is easy and well-coordinated, and there's an entire "town-square village" of food and concessions outside the arena. And then there's concessions and bathrooms along the perimeter of the arena too. They actually have a stage with a live band playing in the town-square, pre-concert. I wonder how many bands play there, and put it on their resumes that they played the pavilion.
Gary Clark Jr. opened, and he was great; definitely a Hendrix level guitarist. Although the number of people familiar with his music was kind-of small, and a lot of people skipped the opener. In fact, the section of seats directly in front of us (we were in the back half of the covered pavilion area) were empty for about a dozen rows. Clearly, there was a bump in price for those seats, which people deemed "not worth it". We ended up moving down into there for the main show.
The Black Keys opened with the big, bold, rippin' electric sound of just the two original members - Dan Auerbach on guitar and vocals, and Pat Carney on drums.
View attachment 10916
And then for the rest of the concert, the curtain opened to reveal the entire extended band personnel, which they now properly acknowledge (there was a time that the extra musicians were sort-of hidden).
View attachment 10917
I don't have an IRBS-like breakdown of the concert. They played songs from their new album, as well as nearly all of their older hits. Their encore was Little Black Submarines and Lonely Boy. They covered On the Road Again from Canned Heat. It was top-level musicianship and sound. And being in NH - the only New England state were pot is illegal - there was no pot smell until right near the end of the concert. Besides, it's an open-air pavilion with just a roof, so most smoking wouldn't be noticeable.
The Black Keys always emphasize their roots, coming from Akron Ohio. And they featured some of the local TV station call letters on the video screens and on stage
View attachment 10918
For the benefit of Hectic, I took a few guitar shots. Enjoy!
View attachment 10919
View attachment 10920
View attachment 10921
One of the many reasons we got the hell out of the Live Free and Die state, is because of their fucked-up laws. Go ahead and crack your skull open on a motorcycle, no helmet needed! No sales tax! No income tax! No car insurance! No inspections! But property tax is insane, and so is car registration.I thought pot was pretty much legal everywhere now particularly in a "live free or die" state.
I've played both stages. Main stage once opening for Korn. Smaller stage twice opening for Seether and 3 Doors Down.They actually have a stage with a live band playing in the town-square, pre-concert. I wonder how many bands play there, and put it on their resumes that they played the pavilion.
I thought pot was pretty much legal everywhere now particularly in a "live free or die" state.
I want to give you aI've played both stages. Main stage once opening for Korn. Smaller stage twice opening for Seether and 3 Doors Down.
![]()
As Trump looks at reclassifying cannabis, NH governor says state law won't change
President Donald Trump is signaling that potential changes could be coming on cannabis at the federal level, but Gov. Kelly Ayotte said any developments in Washington wouldn't change her outlook on state marijuana laws.www.wmur.com
for the 2nd part.You have something against Seether or 3 Doors Down?I want to give you afor your first comment, and a
for the 2nd part.
By 1st comment, I meant the entire sentence. The 2nd part is the NH thing.You have something against Seether or 3 Doors Down?
Ok. I see what you mean in original message. Wasn't clear to me in the quote.By 1st comment, I meant the entire sentence. The 2nd part is the NH thing.

I could picture that.It’s still amazing that the one time Elvis and The Beatles met, no one took a picture. But I think that was the directions of Col. Parker.
That's a big part of the play, how Col Parker was so controlling over Elvis and his career.It’s still amazing that the one time Elvis and The Beatles met, no one took a picture. But I think that was the directions of Col. Parker.
It sounds like you've got yourself a new hobby.Just ask AI. I am sure one can be created.