Circuit City nearly out of Business

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 9, 2008.

1. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

You know what? I hope you're right! :)

2. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Yes. Again, they're clearly profitable if retailers are willing to use laptop computers as loss-leaders for warranty sales!

3. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Tell you what--next time you buy a TV, I'll warrant it for half the price of what the store wants! :p

4. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

yes, depends on the individual...personally, I pass on such things and only insure against losses that can be ruinous

5. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I'm bumping this because all the Circuit City stores will be closed in a matter of hours. I went to some yesterday and it was very sad to see. I think it was a small symbol of the economy as whole and how that company did business.

RIP Circuit City :(

6. radsatdaily

radsatdaily Member

What happened to Circuit City is sad? Went there yesterday and shelves were empty.

7. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Well, it has finally been determined that in the virtual war between the Bloods(Circuit City) and the Crips(Best Buy), the survivor in the war on warranty driven consumer electronic sales goes to......THE CRIPS!!!!!!

8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

In one shopping center, we now have an empty Comp USA store and an empty Circuit City store. The way its been going I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was empty by this time next year.

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

^^^^^ Never thought of it like that. Too bad it's too late to use that line now. . .

10. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Double post edited.

11. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Since I heard they locked the doors for the last time I will drive by the building this afternoon and see if it's true. I've noticed some of BB's prices have increased. Good thing there's options like Newegg, Amazon and TSS that provide superior service.

12. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Best Buy has more or less stated that they are going to cater to those who want service and "knowledgeable" associates. It does not seem to bother them that you can go to Wal Mart and buy a flat panel TV for a few buck less. They appear to be banking on the assumption that the typical consumer will value having someone around who can explain everything to you. In certain cases, I think that's true.

Good luck with that, I guess. I've come to the conclusion that most of the stuff at Best Buy is more or less a commodity.