Circuit City nearly out of Business

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

They need Don Draper from Sterling Cooper.

2. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

"I hate Circuit City. Bad selection, rotten return policy, and they were in bed with those DIVX crooks. I'll be glad to see them go."

It was embarrassing to go into a Circuit City when they were pushing that crap and I don't think they ever recovered from that failure of an idea.

3. MM

MM Administrator

No stores by me are closing. Only one in a state that touches mine.

There is a new one that just opened up 2 weeks ago a few miles away. I've been in there twice and it's been a ghost town every time.

4. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

hope they stick around...scored a discount s50 home kit there

5. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Our local CC is closing and I can't say that I am very unhappy about it. It was a smaller store and I guess it was some sort of "test" store for several things. If you bought something there you couldn't return it at other CCs because they used some sort of different receipt system. The people who worked there were HORRIBLE. They'd be text messaging their buddies when they were supposed to be helping you. Not that they ever provided any real help. The store hasn't even been open a full year. I hope that the other local stores stay open because I have always had good experiences at those. I dread the day when the only choices we have are Best Buy or Frys.

6. asiriusbattle

asiriusbattle New Member

Cc/bb

Here in Vegas, CC & BB are located next door to eachother, no lie, on maryland parkway near UNLV....

I have a feeling BB might buy out CC and keep the CC name just for tax purposes.

Alot of companies do that, kinda stealth-ish.

I work for Alamo/National Car Rental and we own/operate:eek: Enterprise Car Rental, and we just kept the name seperate and stuff.

Also, for a time, I think DirecTV wanted to buy out DISH network and keep them seperate also......

that's what SIRIUS should have done with the buyout of XM, buyout, but still keep XM seperate and stuff, you can make more money that way. IMHO.:)

7. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Apparently I found out the two CC's by me and closing there doors and one of them has only been open for about a year, that sad!

8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I am surprised the store they opened here less than 9 months ago is actually going to remain open. It does appear to be very busy. One thing I noticed from the day they opened was the small amount of inventory they had. Lots of shelf space that really wasn't filled at all. This of course is one of their smaller market stores.

9. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

None of the stores in my area closed which is surprising. I was expecting at least one or two stores shutting their doors here, but it looks like they were spared.

10. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

I"m not surprised about the one in Tyson's Corner ( A) .

[​IMG]

Heck, there is another one 2 miles away (B) ... Do you think they overbuilt?

Attached Files:

11. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I was watching my local news and and I heard all 13 Circuit City's stores in and around the the city of Phoenix are closing there doors. Now that sad, so all of them are shutting down in Phoenix that problem means there leaving the entire state of Arizona?

12. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

13. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Given the general attitudes of employees at CC I'm not going to miss them or their stores. B has run laps around the red and black albatross. It's not a mistake that the local CC parking lot is half empty while BB's lot "overflowith". Additionally, the number of online deals dwarfs what the brick and mortar options provide.

14. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I went to the Circuit City a few blocks away that was closing. They had hired people to highlight signs in the neighborhood. "Store Closing Sale, everything 10-30% off"
    So I needed a Modem, but wasn't sure which one to get. At the counter it was ALL SALES FINAL.
    I just walked to the Best Buy instead and it was cheaper there anyway. But I don't want to buy anything that I'm not sure about and not be able to return it.

15. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

People still use modems??

Did you get a brand new 8 Track player while you were at it? See any good sales on Betamax VCRs? :rofl:

16. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I moved into a new apt with DSL. It comes straight out of an ethernet jack and I really didn't need the modem after all. But yeah. I'll put my home speed on the speedtest thread.

17. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

Glad I won't be needed that 3-year warranty I bought with my S2.

18. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Any Harry Homeowner internet connection requires a modem, including cable and DSL.

19. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I'm concerned about my 3 year extended warranty that I bought along with my Samsung 52" LCD this past Spring. Any idea what will happen to the purchased extended warranties or did I just piss a couple hundred $$$ away?

20. MM

MM Administrator

I'm in the same boat. I bought a 3 year (I think) for my Plasma.

I think we'll be ok.

I think there might be info on their website.