Votes: 39 97.5%
  • Rolling Stone article has him bummed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Out all night at one of the Obama Inagural Balls

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Is Artie so much of a hack that he couldn't just say "I'm feeling sick, I've got to go home," instead of crashing in the Green Room? Does he lack that much respect for his co-workers that he wouldn't consider the appearance of things?

In many ways it was so much worse for him to fall asleep in the Green Room than it ever was for him to fall asleep on the air.

I'm so mad at Howard, Robin, Gary, and obviously Artie for this bullshit. I hate that I can't be frustrated over being charged for this crap and that the only response will be "Well you don't have to subscribe."

Ugh.

Reactions: jamesp717

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Is Artie so much of a hack that he couldn't just say "I'm feeling sick, I've got to go home," instead of crashing in the Green Room? Does he lack that much respect for his co-workers that he wouldn't consider the appearance of things?

In many ways it was so much worse for him to fall asleep in the Green Room than it ever was for him to fall asleep on the air.

I'm so mad at Howard, Robin, Gary, and obviously Artie for this bullshit. I hate that I can't be frustrated over being charged for this crap and that the only response will be "Well you don't have to subscribe."

Ugh.

I just read the Rolling Stone article on another thread

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/...nge-xl/3080-responce-upity-b-tch-comment.html

This sad sack hacks life is worse then even I could imagine.

When drugs,money & fame still cant quite the demons in your head you know your in trouble.

His only hope is sobriety but I don't expect him to ever get it, too bad.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
If you're going to be a drug addict, it wouldn't be so bad to be like Artie. Virtually unlimited funds, a job and a boss that don't get in the way, and millions of fans. If you're Joe Hobo on the street robbing a liquor store in order to score your next fix, Artie must look like Bill Gates or somethin. But I'll be curious to see what happens to Artie once the show ends and the stand-up appearances/fans inevitably dry up.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The only aspect of interest to the Artie saga is whether he can last through to the end of Howard's contract. I don't have any doubt in my mind that he will eventually kill himself. If Artie happens to take his final nap before the expiration of the contract it will mar the duration of the state of the show, it will either be a constant topic of conversation or it will be the ghost of Artie past.

Every time Jeff the Drunk calls in you'll hear the voice of Artie imitating him, every time Eric the Midget calls in you'll be expecting to hear Artie interrupt Eric's plugs...

I think Artie should take a leave of absence and get himself into rehab.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Daner needs to come back and whip him into shape...

Yeah, I know, too much baggage there, but I honestly think Artie needs a good woman in his life. Unfortunately he's so spoiled and stuck in his ways, it may be too late to make him care about someone else... or to find a woman strong enough to change him that he wouldn't just get rid of...

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

artie gets the best women money and drugs can buy. :rofl2:

Any self respecting woman would run for the hills at the thought of artie in his current state. :eek:mfg:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Wait!! Newsflash!!!!

Artie's back on cocaine now. I can see it!!!

If you have HTV, and SEE the show, you can see it.

It happened as soon as he came back from "rehab".

Here's the thing, and it makes total sense. When Artie does WELL (recently, the book), all of a sudden this "Artie-mindset" takes over, and he goes wild. And he over-indulges, and big-time.

When money comes in, Artie INDULGES.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Daner needs to come back and whip him into shape...

Yeah, I know, too much baggage there, but I honestly think Artie needs a good woman in his life. Unfortunately he's so spoiled and stuck in his ways, it may be too late to make him care about someone else... or to find a woman strong enough to change him that he wouldn't just get rid of...
Daner is banging firemen now.lol

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Daner is banging firemen now.lol

It's true. I have a family member like Artie. You can try all ya want, and go to the ends of the Earth... they will "WIN" no matter what, and they are absolutely exhausting.. there's NOTHING that you can do. I'm talking YEARS and years of trying.

For me, ultimately, today, I'm back at the very start with him. He wants to do what he wants to do. There's no stopping it.

Dana is protecting herself (finally). It really takes a toll on you. You can get really mental after a while because things that SHOULD make sense (and big-time) ultimately do not, and then you spend forever busting your brain trying to figure out WHY and HOW you can ultimately "fix it".

Family, eh, friends, eh, it's all about the chemicals; Heroin, or Coke, or Alcohol, or Pharmaceuticals, etc., etc. In the end, people that care deeply for them, helping the situation, turn into an "interference".