Annoying Words & Phrases

Astronomer Seth Shostak declared, "Jupiter is so warm that it currently radiates more internal heat than it receives from the sun." I am tired of the word "currently." I hear statements such as "I am currently unemployed," "Immigrants are currently being held at detention centers," "We are currently working on a plan" and "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties." A statement written in present tense does not need to add "currently."
 
The Seattle Mariners 2026 Information Guide has a page of T-Mobile Park Ground Rules. It includes this:

"If a game is started with the roof closed, it may be opened when, in the opinion of the home club, climactic conditions warrant such opening."

"Climactic"? How about "climatic."
 
Well if enough people climax, the place is gonna smell horrendous, which may warrant opening the roof. I've had a few backseat adventures that warranted opening the doors afterward, and that was just two people!
 
I say one that probably annoys people. You all know this right?

1778143635079.png

I assume you nerds know (like me) that is a pic of Elvis' plane. It meant "Taking Care of Business in a Flash".

I use that phrase all the time but I just say the letters "TCB" and instead of "In a Flash" the phrase I use is:

"TCB Lightning Bolt".

I say that at least a few times a week at work. Sometimes I forget that no one knows what it means and I'll say it to a customer when I'm trying to say "I'll take care of that for you" and I sound like a moron.
 
Back
Top Bottom