Adventures In Koopland

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Crazy. Good luck with the unemployment thing.
Maybe with them trying to open businesses back up, you old job may be looking to start to bring people back soon. If everything ended on a good note with them, it might not hurt to check in with them if you're still interested in going back there.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ooooohhhh guys, I did something sneaky today.

Remember how I told you my roommates are awful with giving me my mail unless I hound them? I've asked for a mail key and they don't want to give me one. Well, my one roommate was all drunk last night. We went to for a smoke at like 4:30am and I asked him to check the mail. He came back with the key and just gave it to me. So I went and got the mail and he went to bed. Then at 7am when Lowes opened I popped over there and made a copy of the key. So now I have my own mail key and they are none the wiser. I put the original back exactly where I said I would.

Going forward I just need to make sure they don't catch me at the mailbox.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They kinda sound like jerks. If they aren't going to trust you with the key, they need to do a solid job of giving you your mail.

Oh. And don't get caught.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So suddenly, everytime they check the mail, your mail won't be there. Not that you did anything wrong, but they're going to know.
My plan is to only take my dividend checks. I'll leave the rest of the stuff that they never give me anyway. I'm pretty sure they go weeks w/o checking their mailbox. Yesterday it was overflowing with mail.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Do they ever look at your copy of Manatee Monthly before they let you see it?
I can't wait for the mail to get my monthly copy, I go to the newstand to pick it up. By the end of the month all the pages are pretty much glued together.

• Wow
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Since you all love when I share these details so much I thought it only the right thing to do to let you all know I shaved my balls again. The one-two punch of beard trimmer and then razor in the shower. I really went to town this time with the razor in the shaft and ass regions. Then a heaping portion of baby powder once all dried off. I feel clean.

Future updates as they happen. Stay tuned.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
JUST GOT MY UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!! Finally!

It took 5 weeks but it finally came!

Now I'm really not sure what's going on. Down here in FL we have regular unemployment associated with the Corona 19 virus Covid (I think it's funny to say it that way) but with fewer requirements to look for a job. Then there is the $600/week federal CARE act thing. I'm pretty sure that's what I just got since it's been 5 weeks and 3k showed up in my account this morning. Weird thing is, when I log onto that site it still says pending so who knows.

Whatever...I don't care where it came from. 3 large is a huge help while unemployed. If I save that just for rent it will cover the next 5 months!

In 18 seconds this describes me before and after logging into my Wells Fargo account this morning.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Dude, state unemployment is weird. I get that they are overwhelmed and mistakes will happen but listen to this. Today I got my first $275 state unemployment payment. Sweet, right? So I log into the site (which btw/they have fixed now and make you wait in line to enter the site then everything runs smoothly) and it says that it has paid me for 7 weeks. Well, $275 is the weekly payment and I only received one of them. I have direct deposit set up, that's how I got the payment today. However, the site says that they mailed me a debit card with the other 6 weeks worth, or $1,650 on May 17th. I have not received any debit card. And there is no way to reach out to them. When you call, and I've tried like 50 times, a recording says all the lines are busy and just hangs up on you.

So I'm happy they are starting to issue my direct deposits but I think I may be out $1,650.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That's your new job at the moment.
bust their chops till they sort it out for you.
I'm not sure how. I wasn't joking when I said I called like 50 times and was hung up on every time. The only offices they have down here that I can see are career centers, not unemployment benefit offices. I will make it my mission to call over and over again every day and hope to get through I guess.

I was able to get through on one number but it was just a general FAQ line and the lady couldn't answer my questions and just gave me the same number I've been calling that hangs up all the time.

Kinda a stressful situation.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I hear ya. call 100 times.
Keep after them somehow.
See if there are other local agencies / organizations that have tips on how to navigate the system.

At some point there must be a lull in the action enough that you can get lucky.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I hear ya. call 100 times.
Keep after them somehow.
See if there are other local agencies / organizations that have tips on how to navigate the system.

At some point there must be a lull in the action enough that you can get lucky.
Thanks. That's good advice that I plan to follow. I mean, what else am I doing all day? I think Animal Crossing can take a backseat to me being able to pay bills.