Add factory XM radio to my Sirius Account?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
We should put a XM - Sirius billing answer in the FAQ. This question seems to be asked over and over again on this board and others.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
We should put a XM - Sirius billing answer in the FAQ. This question seems to be asked over and over again on this board and others.

Like that ever stopped folks from asking over and over, most never even look at the FAQ! I agree we could do it, but would it really matter?

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Like that ever stopped folks from asking over and over, most never even look at the FAQ! I agree we could do it, but would it really matter?

If you had a FAQ, you could cut&paste your answers to common questions. Would save you a couple of seconds of typing. :p

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Or encourage people to use the search function and start locking some of these threads... Search button is your friend.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I honestly don't see it as that big of a deal myself! FAQ encourages searching first, but then you actually have to read the FAQ. I've gone to web sites where they just get down right ugly if you ask a question that has already been asked. I don't want us turning into those sites.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I honestly don't see it as that big of a deal myself! FAQ encourages searching first, but then you actually have to read the FAQ. I've gone to web sites where they just get down right ugly if you ask a question that has already been asked. I don't want us turning into those sites.

You mean like HowardForums? :scratch:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You mean like HowardForums? :scratch:

I wouldn't know I avoid that place like the plaque, all that bickering over this guy has never made any sense to me. I leave it to those mods or admins that care about such things.

I tried to do some things to bring some civility awhile back, but no more as I deem it a total loss cause.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I think it's a pretty decent resource to search. Most questions regarding mobile phones and the like are more or less answered. But it's useless to get involved in any conversations over there.

Very much unlike DRC!

Pyrettablaze

Aug 3, 2010
So rather you enjoy the service or not, you will cancel just for principle because in your mind you think 3 months should be long enough for them to have not only combined their billing system, but their activation systems and the separate systems in general. I think you are being totally unreasonable and rather you care of not isn't what is relevant, these things take time and right now it just isn't possible. The fact is it may not be possible for a while if ever. But you know nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face. :whistle:

I like this quote. And here we are, August 03, 2010 about 2 years later and still, they consider each a separate company when it comes to billing people but a single company when referring to their self. Sounds to me like they want to keep them separate in the billing aspect to collect more money.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I like this quote. And here we are, August 03, 2010 about 2 years later and still, they consider each a separate company when it comes to billing people but a single company when referring to their self. Sounds to me like they want to keep them separate in the billing aspect to collect more money.

First off...Welcome to DRC. :welcome:

What you say is probably true. And it's your choice whether or not to subscribe to their service.

jtrain73

Aug 15, 2010
Limegrass - from your sig you have Sirius and XM - do you pay a full $12.95/mo base on each subscription or have you been able to negotiate a deal?

I am in a similar situation - Sirius OEM in the Kia, XM in the Infiniti and would like to have a lower bill than $12.95 (or more) each month times 2 receivers. I understand the programming packages may not be inter-operable, but some sort of multi-unit discount would seem appropriate.

PS. Mods - I submitted a new thread on this topic - feel free to delete it as I found this thread shortly after clicking submit.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I have a lifetime Sirius sub. So my second Sirius radio is $8.99 per month, IIRC.
For the XM radio, it's another $12.95 per month. No negotiation. There is not yet a muti receiver discount across the two platforms.
Don't forget the music licensing fee. That will run you a buck or so per month on top of the subscription cost.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

I have always felt them doing the separate billing and the Best Of was simply a way of continuing the milk the cow. They could clearly be heading in the direction of combining services by switching OEM's to the XM side, do away with Sirius equipment and only support what is available now until some sort of shut off date. Then when the new contract with Howard comes up make him available on both services and uniform the channel names and listing across the services. You still would not have combined billing, but why spend the money on that. Just move everybody over to one side or the other and be done with it. You know eventually that is where they are heading anyway.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Right...instead of a "transition", it seems as if this Sirius/XM 2.0 will be the new platform. The legacy units and subscribers will end up losing if they stick with what they have.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Right...instead of a "transition", it seems as if this Sirius/XM 2.0 will be the new platform. The legacy units and subscribers will end up losing if they stick with what they have.

I don't see them as losing as much as I see them not getting as much if you get my drift. So in that sense if they want to be able to get all the programming and features, they will have to upgrade.