38. KISS - TOM JONES/ART OF NOISE
Just as terrible now as it was back then.
33. GHOST TOWN - CHEAP TRICK
Great album - but here is the only bad song on it.
32. FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED - VAN HALEN
10. SMOOTH CRIMINAL - MICHAEL JACKSON
9. ARMAGEDDON IT - DEF LEPPARD
Songs I loved in 1989 that I'm now lukewarm about.
26. I WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN - SAMANTHA FOX
Topless at 16 years old in the UK's biggest daily newspaper. Oh you crazy British lolita fetishists...
NSFW:
https://t.co/Uwd9PAvUj5
21. BABY I LOVE YOUR WAY / FREEBIRD - WILL TO POWER
As I was listening to this song, I was thinking 'What a strange combination of songs. But hey, I guess it worked for 'em." I lol'd when Mark Goodman said exactly the same thing at the end of it.
14. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE - GUNS 'N ROSES
I remember walking around in Times Square back in 1988. Outside of some movie theaters, there was a 5 foot tall box with a TV in it that played movie trailers. I remember my first exposure to Ice-T was on one of those (the music video for the film 'Colors').
One of the movies being promoted featured the song "Welcome To The Jungle" playing while scenes from the movie were alternated with Axl lip-synching at the camera in a bedroom. I remember liking the song, and wanting to know what band it was. I eventually of course figured it out, because Sweet Child O Mine went to number one later that year. Plus, in 1989 Appetite For Destruction was everywhere you went. But I've never been able to find that video I saw.
I did, however, just find Jim Carrey doing the same thing. I guess it's a scene from the movie itself - Clint Eastwood's "The Dead Pool". So I suppose Axl probably did the same thing back then to promote the movie (re-enacting that scene from the film to his own song).