2017 Movies & Tv Show

Another Mary poppins?
Look forward to incredibles 2.

Yep, Mary Poppins 2 starring Yondu.

386.jpg
 
I was I looking up top-grossing movies of 2017 and saw one movie, I never heard of. Wolf Warrior 2 is a Chinese film and currently in 5th place and has made over $870 million dollars worldwide. This film earned under $3 million in the states.

2017 Yearly Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo

I have no idea what it's about, but it does look a bit entertaining.

 
I was listening some podcast this week and people were ranting off there top 10 films for 2017 and favorite movies for each month. So with 2017 coming to an end, I thought maybe we can think of our either top films of 2017 and/or favorite movie for each month.

2017 Movies

My favorite films for each month
January - "Didn't See A Movie"
Feburary - Get Out
March - Beauty and The Beast (2017)
April - The Fate and The Furious
May - Guardians of The Galaxy, Vol. 2
June - Wonder Woman
July - Spider-Man: Homecoming
August - Annabelle: Creation
September - "Didn't See A Movie"
October - "Didn't See A Movie"
November - Thor: Ragnorak
December - "Didn't See A Yet" but will Star Wars: The Last Jedi

My top 10 films of 2017
1. Thor: Ragnorak
2. Get Out
3. Spider-Man: Homecoming
4. The Fate and The Furious
5. Guardians of The Galaxy, Vol. 2
6. Logan
7. Wonder Woman
8. Going In Style (2017)
9. John Wick: Chapter 2
10. The Lego Batman Movie

Films I still need to see for 2017
Hidden Figures
A Dog's Purpose
The Founder
The Boss Baby
Despicable Me 3
Dunkirk
War For The Planet of The Apes
The Hitman's Bodyguard
It
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
Blade Runner 2049
Jigsaw
Happy Death Day
Justice League
Coco
Murder On The Orient Express (2017)
 
Last edited:
I love Hot Fuz!
(Shut up Wolf, and don't!)
So many great lines.

Shaun of the Dead is another fave.

Just altering a line.

Nicholas Angel: Your a doctors architect, deal with it.
Inspector Frank Butterman: Yeah, Motherf*****

I finally saw Hot Fuzz. It started off very stupid, but finally picked up and got good. I'm glad I finally saw it.

The movie had couple of Harry Potter cast members and a former Bond.
 
Mrs. Bag and I are in San Antonio for our yearly pancake bacchanal. We attended a movie party for "The Room" at the local Alamo Drafthouse. We loved the movie. It's horrible.

It was a sold out show. We got there early to order food. As soon as I sat in my chair it fell apart and I was dumped on the floor. They scrounged and got us some seats on the side. Then Mrs. Bag ordered a wrap and they were out of tortillas. So they comped everything but my beer. Very nice staff.
 
I watched these films on Netflix over the weekend.

The Founder - Michael Keaton acted great, but Ray Kroc character is a f'ing arrogant jerk
The Boss Baby - very cute movie, almost could take my #10 spot for 2017.
Death Note - A lot of great deaths, ending a bit weird. Willem Dafoe was great as the Ryuk aka the killer demon.

Along with Hot Fuzz.
 
I'm still wondering if there will be a season 10. At the moment, it doesn't sound like it's out of the question, but I don't think anything is confirmed either.
 
Last night Memegirl and I saw "My Friend Dahmer" at the Drafthouse. We both thought it was a good movie, but she was troubled by entertainment giving attention and empathy to a serial killer.
 
I'm still wondering if there will be a season 10. At the moment, it doesn't sound like it's out of the question, but I don't think anything is confirmed either.

I read something where Larry said he's leaning in favor of another season and if he decides to do it, it won't take another 5 years to get to air.
 
Last night I finally got around to watch the latest season of Stranger Things 2. I watched 3 episodes and I want to finish the other 6 ASAP, it great so far.

I'm looking forwarding checking out Punisher soon.
 
Last night I finally got around to watch the latest season of Stranger Things 2. I watched 3 episodes and I want to finish the other 6 ASAP, it great so far.

I'm looking forwarding checking out Punisher soon.

Ya gotta check out Black Mirror. S01E01 is crazy out there and darkly funny. If you don't like it give S01E02 a shot because while they are all bonkers the first one may not be the best introduction to the series.

It's like a new version of the Twilight Zone. Netflix bought it after season 2 and helped make season 3. Season 4 comes out this month.
 
Back
Top Bottom