This Week In Tech/Macbreak Weekly
This American Life
PRI's The World
To the best of our knowledge
The Economist

And for giggles....

The Onion Radio News
Ask A Ninja

And I'm always looking at the new ones posted every Tuesday on iTunes.

Last edited:

leth

Jan 4, 2009
Southern Ontario
I listened to Popular Mechanics Podcast, but it's been discontinued (last podcast was October 2008 .. I think this is the second time they stopped it, but brought it back last time when they found a new host)

The same goes for Robert Cringley's NerdTV; they did 13 shows where they interviewed influential people from the technology sector (Bill Joy, Tim O'Reilly, Bob Kahn, Judy Estrin, etc). You can still down them; very interesting to listen to if you're into the IT industry.

Now the only podcasts I download are two CBC shows; The Vinyl Cafe (short story teller) and The Best If Ideas (discusses anything from science and technology to culture and social issues)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I've cut down my list considerably since I couldn't keep up with all of it.

Only a few dailies left:

Ask A Ninja
PTI
Macbreak Weekly
Science Friday
Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!
The Onion Radio News
To the Best of Our Knowledge
PRI's The World
This American Life
This Week In Tech

I used to catch the Tech Guy podcast, but I have the iHeartRadio app which has KFI, and listen to Leo's radio live on the weekends whenever I can.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I just listened to a few episodes of Doug Benson's "I Love Movies". Doug is usually funny on Best Week Ever and I like that he's a mellow stoner with a quick wit, but he stumbles and fumbles through his own podcast regularly.

The episode with Kevin Pollack and Jerry O'Connell was a total train wreck. It had its share of funny moments, but damn...that thing was a mess.

Also...Jerry O'Connell is a big dummy. I don't know if he's acting stupid or if he really is stupid. I'm leaning towards him being a big dummy.

OK I know I'm a little late on this one but I just discovered Battlestar Galactica producer Ron Moore's comments on the shows. They are fascinating. If you are experiencing BSG withdrawal you might want to check them out.

Also if you are into music I would like to suggest the Friday Night Cat Fight. It is hosted by Matt The Cat who used to be on XM Ch. 5 before the October 2008 bloodbath. You might want to start with the Baseball show.

Both of these are free in the itunes store.

Enjoy!

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I download all the free stuff I can find.

Clark Howard
TWIT
Car Talk
Bill Handel
Corbett Report
Libravox audio books

Handbasket Weekly
Cigarette Digest
Blinds for the Blind
Michael Jackson's Bedtime Stories
Jessica Simpson, Calculus, and You

I love Bill Handel, I'm gonna subsrcribe now.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Has anyone ever listened to No Agenda with Adam Curry and John C Dvorak? That show is awesome. Adam with crazy conspiracy theory and John's we're all doomed theories, it's great.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Uhh Yeah Dude

Comedy Death Ray

Check these two podcasts out, they're very funny.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
XM 158 Only (Not on SIRIUS)

I love Bill Handel, I'm gonna subsrcribe now.

(Sorry somewhat off topic)
Handel On The Law is one of the best (underrated)shows on Satellite Radio. He puts humor in his calls.

Upcoming Airings:
Sunday February 6, 5:00 am – 8:00 am ET
Saturday February 12, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm ET

Bill Handel Show:
Whether you're talking about Big Brother, Big Business or Big Macs, you'll rarely find Handel without an opinion. His rapid-fire commentary gives listeners the information they want the way they want it. He's an energetic and highly entertaining, yet intelligent, alternative to pseudo-intellectual, boring talk radio.

America's Talk - Talk show hosts, entertaining and informative radio.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Revised list:

Real Talk with Jason Whitlock
No Agenda
Nerdist
Adam Carolla
Philosophize This! (philosophy podcast)
Sound Opinions (pretty epic interview with Johnny Marr on the latest one)
BBC World Service Global News
Mohr Stories
WTF with Marc Maron (another epic interview with Thom Yorke, nice to see him get away from just comedians)
This American Life

Always looking for more.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Here's some of what I listen to lately not listed by Jon (I also have The Nerdist in my list, a TAL):

Accidental Tech Podcast
99% Invisible
Back to Work
Radiolab
This Week in Photo
Mastertapes (British radio show, so it's sporadic.. A run of episodes, then a few months waiting for the next series)

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
MACOS Ken - 10-15 minutes a day of Apple and Tech news delivered with a sense of humor.

Adam Carolla - No one ad libs and talks about nothing and is as funny when doing it.

The Cult Cast (Cult of Mac) - Some Apple and Tech knuckleheads talk Apple, comes out every Thursday night.

Adam Carolla & Dr Drew - for those time when I need more Carolla

Mac Break Weekly with Leo Laporte (video podcast) Great TWIT show with Apple focus, Tuesdays.

iPad Today with Leo Laporte (video podcast), great ap ideas on this iPad centric show.

IOS Today - Good show on IOS apps

Mac Power Users - If you have a Mac and want to look at workflows, apps, etc, this is your show.

This American Life - Good PBS show.

Auto Blog - Car News and reviews, by the guys at Autoblog - We Obsessively Cover the Auto Industry