Your favorite?

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by Grüpsaar, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

What Podcasts are you all subbed to? I haven't been subbed to as many as I used to, now It's just down to leo laporte's twit.tv network of podcasts, and some revision3.com stuff. All tech related.
  2. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

That's pretty much what I subcribe too as well, love TWIT, Windows Weekly, Security Now, and of course the Tech Guy.

The other ones I subscribe to:
    Cranky Geeks, I love John C Dvorak, he's Mr. Personality
    DL.TV
    Systm
    Car Talk
    Sex is Fun

I alway make time to listen to the TWIT podcasts, the other ones I catch when I can.
  3. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Yep, We're on the same page, then!
    I no longer sub to Cranky Geeks or Systm, but still goto revision3's site and watch Systm whenever I can, along with ever other show, tekzilla, diggnation, etc.
  4. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

The Best of the Classic Metal Show
    Bill Simmons' BS Report
    Shockwaves Skullsessions (heavy metal roundtable style discussions)
  5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Car Talk is my favorite, those guys are crazy!

There is also a couple of tech shows I download, but their names escape me.
  6. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Those guys are the best. I record car talk off sirius each week. With Stern on vacation this past week I finally got a chance to catch up on my entire Car Talk backlog.

I'm going to check out some of the links above. I used to listen to Leo Laporte on terrestrial but I haven't heard his show in a long time.
  7. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

I tried listening to the Chris Moyles Show from the BBC podcast section. Although Chris isn't without his charms I found most of his show to be geared for a British audience. Most of the topics covered on the show center around the pop culture and celebrities on the other side of the world.

The show also comes off a bit too much like a homogeneous morning zoo program.

That said, I love discovering new shows via the podcasts.

I recommend the Ricky Gervais podcasts. They're lot of fun.
  8. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Leo Laporte does several podcasts. His show the Tech Guy is available later in the week, commercial free. Leo hosts This Week In Tech, Windows Weekly, and Security Now which are also good
  9. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

I do all the Sherdog radio shows-i luv mma!
  10. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

[​IMG]

TWIT is the best.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  11. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

I looked him up on Itunes and subscribed to some of his stuff. Pretty cool!
  12. late1

late1 Member

"To the best of our knowledge" on PRI
    This American Life
    Le Show
  13. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Leo got his start out here in the Bay Area. He would try his shows out on a couple of stations, mainly KNBR and KGO. He's one of the best, if not the best and talking all things current and good in the field of gadgets.
  14. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

I love MMA too, and I find the podcasts to be extremely boring. I've tried. I guess just hearing people talk about it just doesn't translate.
  15. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

i dont always get the podcasts'but i will listen the to a few of the day before's shows while im at work since i dont listen to stern anymore-I wrestled in high school and im learning bjj now-not to compete,so i guess thats why i listen-the guys on sherdog sound like they are stoned most of the time too-i miss those days sometimes
  16. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Twit
    Security Now
    Windows Weekly
    Cranky Geeks
    Stogie Fresh

There used to be a great NASCAR one called Stock Car Zone but the host decided to call it quits at the end of last season.
  17. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

I used to be an avid fan of the audio podcasts, but I found myself falling behind, but TWiT was the last to go. Is there an easy way to manage audio ones on a stiletto?

I subscribe to a few video shows: Tekzilla, Diggnation, Totally Rad Show, Tiki Bar Tv, Uncle Jay Explains the News, Ask A Ninja, and the Deadliest Catch Podcast.
  18. GAMER

GAMER Member

For me twit and Leo stuff and flight simulator pod casts.
  19. Supafly

Supafly Member

I download all the free stuff I can find.

Clark Howard
    TWIT
    Car Talk
    Bill Handel
    Corbett Report
    Libravox audio books

Handbasket Weekly
    Cigarette Digest
    Blinds for the Blind
    Michael Jackson's Bedtime Stories
    Jessica Simpson, Calculus, and You
  20. fineware

fineware Member

!KPunk!
    Fat Wreck Chords (hasn't been one in about a year though)
    GaragePunk.com