Who Charted?

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Saw Fast and Furious 7 Friday. It was pretty fun. Lots of over the top action and stunts. Exactly what a spring/summer movie should be. I bet it makes a ton of money.

Sent from my Note 4

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I bet it makes a ton of money.

got that right...

‘Furious 7’ makes $143.6 million at the box office - NY Daily News

from the article:

"Furious 7," now the ninth-biggest opening of all time, also unseats previous April record-holder "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," which opened to $95 million on the same weekend last year.

9th all time. thats something.

im not one to be snooty about films...i love batman and human centipede just as much as whiplash, but i really dont get the fast and furious series. when i was a kid the first one was cool but i was like 16 or something. i get that its a fun action film but there are a ton of action films that have way better actors.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Your right about that. The acting is not that great. I just enjoy the super fast cars and stunts. Plus my wife likes it. It's so over the top it just makes it fun. It's a popcorn movie. Nothing more.

Sent from my Note 4

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Your right about that. The acting is not that great. I just enjoy the super fast cars and stunts. Plus my wife likes it. It's so over the top it just makes it fun. It's a popcorn movie. Nothing more.
I liked Interstellar in the same way. But my wife, not so much.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I guess I got tired of over the top action sequences when the first Expendables came out. I haven't seen any of the sequels, nor do I plan to, but I did see the first Fast and Furious movie which was actually pretty good. Didn't see 2-7 and won't since it sounds like if you saw the first movie, this won't be a dramatic departure. There's really nothing coming out in the near or distant future short of Star Wars that actually makes me say yeah, I want to see that. Seems all hollywood can come up with these days for the movies is reboots and sequel after sequel. The most creative minds have gone to cable, Netflix, and Amazon.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I enjoy over the top not real life action sequences. I've seen enough real life action to last me the rest of my life. Movies should be an escape.

I started watching the show Empire. It's pretty good. I'm trying to catch up on it.

Sent from my Note 4

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I enjoy over the top not real life action sequences. I've seen enough real life action to last me the rest of my life. Movies should be an escape.

I started watching the show Empire. It's pretty good. I'm trying to catch up on it.

Sent from my Note 4

ive watched 3 episodes of empire so far and im still not sure if i like it or not. i hear ya with over the top being fun but it has to be done right and empire is teetering on that line between being fun and just too unrealistic imo.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
ive watched 3 episodes of empire so far and im still not sure if i like it or not. i hear ya with over the top being fun but it has to be done right and empire is teetering on that line between being fun and just too unrealistic imo.

I like unrealistic. It hasn't got unrealistic with me as of yet. I think the acting is top notch. The lady that plays Cookie is awesome.

Sent from my Note 4

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Eh, people get borderline insulted over something not being realistic, when they don't realize it's a work of fiction. I see that a lot in shows that portray a particular field or type.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Empire, Walking Dead shows like that are fiction. When you start a show you should already know if it's fiction or not. Some stopped watching Walking Dead because it got unrealistic. It's a zombie apocalypse it's supposed to be unrealistic. That is what makes it fun.

If someone gets insulted over a TV show or movie they need to take a vacation. Life is way to short to take TV or a movie so seriously. If you start not liking it just quit watching and move on. Why get insulted?

Sent from my Note 4

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I like unrealistic. It hasn't got unrealistic with me as of yet. I think the acting is top notch. The lady that plays Cookie is awesome.

Sent from my Note 4

the part that bothered me a little was that im 3 shows deep and this record label guy has already been on the phone with obama twice and called him barry. it just took me out of it a bit.

Eh, people get borderline insulted over something not being realistic, when they don't realize it's a work of fiction. I see that a lot in shows that portray a particular field or type.

Empire, Walking Dead shows like that are fiction. When you start a show you should already know if it's fiction or not. Some stopped watching Walking Dead because it got unrealistic. It's a zombie apocalypse it's supposed to be unrealistic. That is what makes it fun.

If someone gets insulted over a TV show or movie they need to take a vacation. Life is way to short to take TV or a movie so seriously. If you start not liking it just quit watching and move on. Why get insulted?

Sent from my Note 4

i dont think its insulted so much as disappointed. at least thats what it is to me. when i watch walking dead of course i know its fiction but within the world of fiction they set up there are rules and its annoying when they break em. superman and batman could show up to help rick out in the season 6 premier and yea its fake, they can do whatever they want. it would just be upsetting that they broke the clear narrative of the show.

Last edited:

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I wasn't big on that either him calling the president but I also didn't let it bother me. I enjoyed the rest of the show.

I don't think we will have to worry about Superman and Batman on Walking Dead. I get your point though.

If a show dissapoints or makes you angry stop watching and move on. It's just TV.
Sent from my Note 4

Reactions: Jon and JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
a bunch of great stuff premiered last night. like everyone, i love game of thrones and it was a great first episode. by far my fav story lines throughout the last 4 seasons have been the mother of dragons and peter dinklage. i was delighted to see that the two of them are going to merge this season. the dragon womans story line has pretty much not had contact with any of the others so its cool to see that she is going to finally have direct contact with a player from kings landing.

moving on, veep and silicon valley are both super funny. with silicon valley, salon magazine did a preview of the new season and screwed up in a super funny way. kumail, who is one of the actors on the show called them out for this part of the article:

CCRNJZDUgAAKuZ-.jpg:large

Kumail Nanjiani ✔ @kumailn
Follow

So @salon did a Silicon Valley review & said I'm a regular on Big Bang Theory. cc @kunalnayyar http://www.salon.com/2015/04/10/hbos_silicon_valley_leans_in_the_bro_tastic_startup_culture_confronts_its_woman_problem_in_season_2/…

haha. so hes clearly not on big bang, but salon didnt seem to notice. once kumail called them out the author of the article tweeted an apology and somehow managed to screw up the apology:

"I'm so sorry to @kumailn for conflating him with another Indian actor. It was a facile, easy-to-check error, and I should know better."

the only problem with that is kumail is pakistani, not indian. hahaha, so they screwed up the original article and then didnt bother to take any real time to think about how to properly apologize.

anyway, silicon valley is really worth checking out.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
well its here...the clear winner for song of the summer. chart topping certified hit!

take a few months off taylor, katy and the rest. we wont need you until the fall.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
is anyone around here watching american crime? im guessing no cause its not doing very well in the ratings. its really good but hard to watch. its all about this murder of a young couple that draws 3 families into a huge shit storm. kids getting involved with gangs, racism and drug use are all major themes. it rough seeing how everyone reacts.

its made by the writer of 12 years a slave and shows like this are what will keep me watching network tv. its got the gritty feel of an amc or hbo show. they are not afraid to say anything, they just silence it out when someone curses.

its worth a watch if u want to check out a heavy drama.