Sadchild's top 333 fav songs of all ever

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
#79 Cure "Play"

Another Cure b-side I can't believe didn't make the album. A dreamy and lush track with so many beautiful layers. And the lyrics are just spilling over with apathy and sadness. I think a lot of people have experienced, or know someone who has experienced, this situation.

Day after day, I let you down
Promise you to change, then change my mind
And every time I promise you It will all be fine
It won't be like this next time

Reactions: HecticArt

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
#77 Depeche Mode "Walking In My Shoes"

Songs Of Faith And Devotion was a step down from Violator, but just about anything they did was gonna be a step down from probably the best alt-synthpop album of all time. Plus Dave Gahan was going through his "I'm a rock star, gonna die of an overdose" phase. But it's still a solid album. And this is my fav from it.

Posting the single version because it's a little better than the album version.

Reactions: Aaron and HecticArt

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
#74 Beastie Boys "Paul Revere"

"Nowwwwww here's a little story I got to tell..." Another great sing-along song (like Tenacious D "Fuck Her Gently" and Rehab "Bartender Song". I know every word and I'm pretty sure a million other people do too. Classic.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
When I was in high school, a guy was telling me how great BAD was. I wish I had listened to him back then. I missed out on a few years that I should have been enjoying their music.

Reactions: sadchild

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
#71 Tori Amos "Precious Things"

The second of five songs from Little Earthquakes on my 333 list. Not sure if she wrote it about this, but I interpret the chorus as losing her virginity to someone she fell hard for, then realizing he didn't give a damn about her. In the second verse, she really lets loose on how little he thinks of her, how much he meant to her, and how desperately she tried to win him over. Very graphic... very powerful (and the music too!)

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
#69 Our Lady Peace "Starseed"

Just heard this song again yesterday for the first time in a while. Still freakin' love it. Especially the drums. This is one of those 'makes you press the gas pedal down' groovin' rockin' songs. No idea what he's singing about.

Reactions: HecticArt

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
#68 Rush "Time Stand Still"

I get the impression that Rush 'purists...?' don't like this album very much, but it's my fav from them. I know it's keyboard heavy, but the lyrics are very smart and emotive. This one hits me the hardest. A reminder to enjoy the best parts of 'now' to the fullest, because 'now' will soon be over.

And if you haven't seen the US Army Band's cover of this, it's a must-hear.