Real talk, Howard's rant about the plugs was dead on today

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Taylor I think the forum is great as is. Sure people argue from time-to-time but as long as it's within forum decorum I don't think anyone should be banned (if that's what you're hinting at).

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Yeah Taylor, the forum is fine as is I'd say as well.
I just think some people are frustrated in the way a few people manage to derail almost every thread with the same tired BS. I'll never understand why they're so mad at and obsessed Howard when they can just change the channel and get on with life but all well. Its annoying but amusing at the same time, I don't think its worth changing things over.
I just ignore it if I'm not already posting in the thread, (I'll refian from a number of discussions if these people have already changed the thread topic but all well.)
And If I've already posted in the thread I'll just post the same old bs back at them (Within the rules of course) and get on with my life. Because I have one ;)

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I just wish if people had some serious thoughts or suggestions that they would let the mods/admin in because we don't read every post.
I think you guys do a hell of a job and things here tend not to turn into a flame war/shit storm like plenty of places online. Things can get heated when people express their frustrations with things, but people rarely cross the line.

On this topic I feel Howard singling out Bob to make him look like an asshole showed a major lack of class and it sabotaged Bob and the rest of the Miserable Men, who a large portion of the Stern audience already unfairly shit on at any opportunity to do so. Having plugs for his shows that someone else authorizes is not "fucking" Howard by any means and I think Bob took a lot of heat that he shouldn't have.

I think a few seconds of plugs means nothing compared with other more apparent problems in programming. Lack of new ideas being developed into shows, and the infamous "Best of Best of" on vacation week Fridays, are things the audience cares way more about than some plugs that no one listens to.

And it blows my mind how nonchalant Howard was with the new Bubba contract, basically putting a tape delayed FM show on his "uncensored" channel when he professes to hate AM/FM radio. He told people to "fuck off and cancel," but he loses his shit over things as trivial as this and the Howard 100 News sign offs.

Maybe it's upcoming contract talks pressure, or Beth leaving him for a month, but this sudden concern over trivial shit and professing it's concern for the audience seems hollow when compared to the real issues the channels have.

Reactions: Aaron

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Just remember, this is not SFN. Nothing is that bad and this site isn't even close.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I always get confused, people rag on Howard for not riding on people and being a hard ass like he used to be but when he starts complaining people get upset with him.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I have an honest to goodness suggestion.

If "someone" has absolutely nothing to offer to a discussion, constantly says the same thing over and over again and constantly derails things, they should be warned. Continual violations of said warning should heed subsequent and mandatory correction, up to and including banning.

Said banning may be temporary to achieve necessary behavior correction. If change is not noticeable, said banning may evolve into a permanent status.

Everyone here knows what I'm talking about. Don't act ignorant or stick your head in the sand.

Now who's with me?

Reactions: Bark and jef

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
"bob sounded down" haha, are you kidding me? wgas, wgaf. how much entertainment has the blue cheese ass-eater provided you with over the years? yet you rush to his defense over your old pal howard? howard has shit all over you with his half-hearted satellite efforts yet you are still around to beef about it...amazing

No kidding - Bob sounded down. Wgaf? I'm guess Bob does, no? After all, it's his living being affected by the decision to pull his plugs.

All I was saying was that Bob seemed to be treated badly after all he has done for the show.

I must have been mistaken, though. Going by the number of upset "adults" here, their complaining posts (about someone complaining, no less), and the crying to the moderators yet again, my response should have been:

That Levy is just being a baby. Howard's decisions are always correct. Not only that, but this uncensored Revolution is the best thing since the American one a few years ago. There, now I'm just like everyone else. :)

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
No kidding - Bob sounded down. Wgaf? I'm guess Bob does, no? After all, it's his living being affected by the decision to pull his plugs.

All I was saying was that Bob seemed to be treated badly after all he has done for the show.

I must have been mistaken, though. Going by the number of upset "adults" here, their complaining posts (about someone complaining, no less), and the crying to the moderators yet again, my response should have been:

That Levy is just being a baby. Howard's decisions are always correct. Not only that, but this uncensored Revolution is the best thing since the American one a few years ago. There, now I'm just like everyone else. :)

Nobody tells anyone what to think. But Hyson really articulated things great. You are just as predictable as my posts talking great about the show, you are just as predictable as Howard, you are just as predictable as Hank. But the thing is all you seem to do is tell US our opinion is wrong. SOMETHING you seem to have an issue with when we do it back to you. You SIR are the Hypocrite!

Reactions: Bark and hyson

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008

mr. compassionate over here all of a sudden

the same guy who makes shitty not-so-veiled jewish stereotype references about his ex-hero howard

let us know when you locate the I Love Bob Levy forum...worst comic ever

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
So to summarize and finally try to get this place a bit more settled.

I have nothing against DLM personally.

But when someone constantly has a rebuttal to every opinion presented here as if everyone is wrong it doesn't create a conversation. And it's not something that encourages discussion.

It's like trying to have a debate with Scott DePace or John the Stutterer when their response is always that the other person is wrong. It's really no fun.

I don't want anyone going after DLM personally or to say anything that puts him down. But the constantly debating the validity of other people's opinions day in and day out get's tiring.

You are welcome to your opinion. Just please don't bash ours whom enjoy the show.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Well said. But when someone constantly pushes your buttons and actively detracts from an active forum, one gets discouraged from posting here; I know I have.

It's an uphill battle and everyone tries to maintain decorum,which is admirable, but at what point does someone transition into just being an internet troll?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Nobody tells anyone what to think. But Hyson really articulated things great. You are just as predictable as my posts talking great about the show, you are just as predictable as Howard, you are just as predictable as Hank. But the thing is all you seem to do is tell US our opinion is wrong. SOMETHING you seem to have an issue with when we do it back to you. You SIR are the Hypocrite!

You guys have summed it up... I think it's the constant same 'ol, same 'ol from people that gets annoying. Especially the hypocrite who likes to both play troll and play victim. Trolling forums is one thing, but to whine about it when called on it is weak.

Jgatie is gone, yet we still have these shitfests popping up every so often, so who is left to look at?

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
You guys have summed it up... I think it's the constant same 'ol, same 'ol from people that gets annoying. Especially the hypocrite who likes to both play troll and play victim. Trolling forums is one thing, but to whine about it when called on it is weak.

Jgatie is gone, yet we still have these shitfests popping up every so often, so who is left to look at?

+1. You know why.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH

But when someone constantly has a rebuttal to every opinion presented here as if everyone is wrong it doesn't create a conversation. And it's not something that encourages discussion.

It's like trying to have a debate with Scott DePace or John the Stutterer when their response is always that the other person is wrong. It's really no fun.

I don't want anyone going after DLM personally or to say anything that puts him down. But the constantly debating the validity of other people's opinions day in and day out get's tiring.

You are welcome to your opinion. Just please don't bash ours whom enjoy the show.

I get what your saying about bashing people that enjoy the show. That gets old real quick. Believe it or not I enjoy some of DLM posts. They guy doesn't hold back and he doesn't sugar coat things like others might. I find it refreshing that someone will actually say this, this and this sucked on the show and not follow up with...... but this was ok and it made the show great still. There's not a lot of that on here, but it does happen.

I love the show and all, but sometimes I need to vent about it too. I do that and move on. Thats what DLM needs to do. After I do that I remember that it's just a radio show and with all the other shit out there a damn good radio show. I think it would be a bad idea to ban DLM. If people don't want to read his posts put him on ignore. I don't think Jgatie should have been banned. He was the biggest Howard apologist on the planet, but he made some good points. I know people got sick of him and DLM going at it. The funny thing is people said they hated it, but they never would have seen it if DLM and Jgatie would have been on ignore. It's also funny that people said they hated them taking over threads, but they still went in to read what was said and sometimes post. Some of those threads had real high thread view counts. Somone besides myself was going in and reading what they had to say.

Ok I'm going to get off my soapbox. I enjoy this place and I enjoy everyones opinions. If you don't like me or anyone else please put us on ignore.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Even though someone is on your ignore list, you still have the option to view their posts.

I don't even know that it's worth it.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

I certainly understand your point, and the points of others.

However, I never said anyone's opinion that is different then mine is wrong. I just tend to argue the opposite side more often than not - especially with the Stern show.

I've not bashed anyone, but I've gotten bashed plenty of times.....and deserved it. It's all good. There is no such thing as coming after me personally, - it's an Internet forum about a radio show. I have strong opinions about a show I once loved, but at the end of the day, it's just a show, and this is just a forum.

I know my posts get on people's nerves sometimes, but when the day comes when I complain to a moderator about how another persons posts are bothering me, it might be time to step away from the keyboard for a while. :)

Rather than go back and fourth here and in pms, I'll cut out the middleman and I'll just suspend myself for a while. Take care.:)

Reactions: Aaron

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I think we'd be sad if his posts weren't there to screw with people.