XM radio with an 'AUX' jack

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I am looking at getting an XM radio with a lifetime subscription. I was wondering if there are any models out there (new or old) that have some sort of AUX jack directly on the radio itself to allow for hooking up an mp3 player.

I thought I remember seeing in these forums that some past radios (XM or SIRIUS) might of had this feature, but am thinking they were eliminated due to encouraging people to listen to their other sources and then not listen to XM or SIRIUS as much as they would like. Or even in fear of totally abandoning the service & losing a subscriber since they would realize their other collection of music might suffice instead of satellite radio.

If not and this was offered in the past, I guess my best bet would be to keep an eye out on ebay for one with this AUX jack feature.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
The old Sirius universal car dock for the Sportster 4, Starmate 4, etc had an aux in early on. It was quickly removed. I guess they claimed there were problems. I suspect you touched on the problem yourself. I have one, and it works well. They are rare, so I'd say you'll have a tough time finding one.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
My son has the older XM Skybox boombox.

mainphoto3890.jpg

tssrich

Feb 3, 2010
www.tss-radio.com
There was the Sportster4 that had the AUX-In and another XM unit, which I don't remember. But long story short, to be FCC compliant and only broadcast the satellite radio content, the AUX-IN was removed.

If you can find it, LMK!:yesshake:

I am looking at getting an XM radio with a lifetime subscription. I was wondering if there are any models out there (new or old) that have some sort of AUX jack directly on the radio itself to allow for hooking up an mp3 player.

I thought I remember seeing in these forums that some past radios (XM or SIRIUS) might of had this feature, but am thinking they were eliminated due to encouraging people to listen to their other sources and then not listen to XM or SIRIUS as much as they would like. Or even in fear of totally abandoning the service & losing a subscriber since they would realize their other collection of music might suffice instead of satellite radio.

If not and this was offered in the past, I guess my best bet would be to keep an eye out on ebay for one with this AUX jack feature.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com

We found the SUPV1 Cradle here with the Aux In jack. Just contact Matt at TSS-Radio to order it.