Who Am I? Week #810

Christopher Ilitch. And allow me to complain that a capital "I" and small "L" look the same in the Arial font and that can be confusing. Thank you and good night.
Congratulations, Channel98!

This week's subject was Christopher Ilitch, the owner of the National Hockey League's Detroit Red Wings and Major League Baseball's Detroit Tigers. He is the CEO of Ilitch Holdings, which also includes his family's originating business, Little Caesars Pizza.

Ilitch is the youngest son of Little Caesars Pizza founders Mike and Marian Ilitch, who had seven children. He helped manage some of the family's pizzerias before becoming CEO of the company. Mike Ilitch died in 2017 and ownership of the Wings and Tigers transferred to Christopher.

Since taking over the Motor City teams, Christopher Ilitch is considered one of sports worst owners. Both teams are the forth-worst teams in their respective leagues. Although the Tigers made it in the playoffs these past two years, they were ten games under .500 this year. The Wings - who last won the Stanley Cup in 2008 - have not made the playoffs in over a decade. It explains why during the season opener recently, angry fans chanted to Ilitch to sell the team.

1791414802906.webp

New game next week!
 
I think I may have come across the founder, who was self-made, and gave up. Never thought to look into the children. Good job 98! Thanks for the game King!
 
Back
Top Bottom