Who Am I? Week #809

Say what?
maxresdefault.jpg
 
Fifth Third Bank
Congratulations, Wolf!

This week's subject was Fifth Third Bank, the Cincinnati-based financial institution with 1,087 branches and 2,400 ATMS in 12 states.

The company's roots go back to the Bank of the Ohio Valley in 1858. In 1871, it was acquired by the Third National Bank. In 1908, the Third National Bank merged with the Fifth National Bank, becoming Fifth Third. The reason why it was Fifth Third and not Third Fifth was due to the prohibitionist ideas being pushed at the time.

Over the years, 5/3 aquired other banks. Recently they bought out Dallas-based Comerica Bank for $11 billion. As a result, the home of the Detroit Tigers baseball team, Comerica Park will be renamed Fifth Third Park at the start of the 2027 baseball season.

1790809353418.webp

New game next week!
 
On September 21 – Go look! – I wrote about the Tigers' ballpark being renamed Fifth Third Park. I knew why the bank that resulted from the merger of the Third National Bank and Fifth National Bank was called Fifth Third and not Third Fifth – and this week I guess I didn't remember what I wrote. Oh well. Congratulations, Wolf! You can celebrate by drinking a fifth.
 
On September 21 – Go look! – I wrote about the Tigers' ballpark being renamed Fifth Third Park. I knew why the bank that resulted from the merger of the Third National Bank and Fifth National Bank was called Fifth Third and not Third Fifth – and this week I guess I didn't remember what I wrote. Oh well. Congratulations, Wolf! You can celebrate by drinking a fifth.
Opportunity lost!
 
Congrats Wolf! That was a good win.

Thanks for the game King!
I didn't make it to Comerica this year. Hopefully I can make it to 5/3 Park nest year.
The Mud Hens have been playing at 5/3 Field in Toledo since 2002, so I'm used to the name.
 
In 1871, it was acquired by the Third National Bank. In 1908, the Third National Bank merged with the Fifth National Bank, becoming Fifth Third.

I'm pretty sure we have them down here and I had no idea why it was called that and I would have gone the rest of my life not knowing it. So thanks, King. I will now feel better about myself every time I pass one.

Also as always great job King and well done Viper.
 
Back
Top Bottom