Week Of 10/23: Live!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard went to Jimmy, did the show and then they went to dinner. Howard had to pee, but couldn't. Then they went to Bruce's show where Howard seemed to hate the entire audience. He had to pee, but the usher wouldn't let him go back to his seat, even though every other person there was going back to their seats...

The wack pack was in attendance where MFB set the ground rules.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Howard went to Jimmy, did the show and then they went to dinner. Howard had to pee, but couldn't. Then they went to Bruce's show where Howard seemed to hate the entire audience. He had to pee, but the usher wouldn't let him go back to his seat, even though every other person there was going back to their seats...
Who can listen to his pee story, and not think "fuck him"? Talk about 1st world problems, holy shit.

Denis Leary was great, as usual.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Looking at the website for Howard's hair care products is a good time.

Curly Hair | Natural Hair | Natural Hair Care

Who can listen to his pee story, and not think "fuck him"? Talk about 1st world problems, holy shit.

Denis Leary was great, as usual.

Denis was great! I mostly liked the pee story because to a lesser extent I share the same pee shy traits as Howard and Costanza. Howard saying over and over again that he was famous during the story was the part that put me off a bit.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm watching the Jimbo Kimbo interview now. It's really good stuff and I think Howard was right to change the format of the show. (Yeah, yeah, he got the line about "penis and your mouth" straight from his movie.)

I'm also wondering how much work goes into these interviews. I wonder if any of that plays into the fewer shows per week...and now I'm teasing myself.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The mix of Robin's theme music and the street singers was really funny.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Richard and Sal just took "gay" to a whole new level today.

DM7W8jHWsAEyEYS.jpg:large

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Will The Farter Tribute. 10/24/17. 8:20am
Howard took a call from a guy who said he has gassed his own people with Will the Farter. Howard said they actually met Will 15 years ago today. Howard said he has gassed his people over the years. He said he should do a tribute to Will the Farter...

Howard takes a "random" call and happens to have a Will the Farter tribute lined up.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm finding that my tolerance for (what I consider) annoying parts of the show is evaporating.

Howard criticizes Gary's eating? The guy who can only get takeout from the same chinese restaurant every night - yet can't read a menu; the guy who eats the same fucking breakfast and lunch every day, year after year; the guy who can't handle having coffee from a takeout cup; he's criticizing Gary?

They must have 10,000 sound drops at their disposal, yet they play Richard Simmons' laugh and Robin's theme every 10 seconds. It gets to the point where I can't even hear the conversation over them.

The live-reads and other commercials are taking over the entire show. It used to be 20 minutes (just an example) between commercial breaks. Now, the 2nd half of the show has ads every few minutes, and some of them go on for several minutes each. Also, the live-reads seem to be from a bygone era, and Howard clearly has no idea or interest in much of what he's reading. It's very lowbrow.

Probably because they don't have a third on-air talent (like Artie), the conversations each day tend to repeat certain themes, over and over. In the past, they'd pick one day to rip Harvey Weinstein; now it's a half-hour each day for 2 weeks. Same with R. Kelly, or the voice of Kermit. Every bit seems to go on too long; Shuli, Ronnie, JD, gay talk, transsexual talk.

Today, and old classmate of Robin's called-in, and they spent maybe 5 minutes recalling old times. Well, Howard was jumping out of his skin! It was just so insufferable for him, to put up with 5 minutes of this; poor poor Howard! He had to spend the next 10 minutes telling the world what Robin just put him through; he almost couldn't survive. Like having to pee in a public restroom.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I'm finding that my tolerance for (what I consider) annoying parts of the show is evaporating.

Howard criticizes Gary's eating? The guy who can only get takeout from the same chinese restaurant every night - yet can't read a menu; the guy who eats the same fucking breakfast and lunch every day, year after year; the guy who can't handle having coffee from a takeout cup; he's criticizing Gary?

They must have 10,000 sound drops at their disposal, yet they play Richard Simmons' laugh and Robin's theme every 10 seconds. It gets to the point where I can't even hear the conversation over them.

The live-reads and other commercials are taking over the entire show. It used to be 20 minutes (just an example) between commercial breaks. Now, the 2nd half of the show has ads every few minutes, and some of them go on for several minutes each. Also, the live-reads seem to be from a bygone era, and Howard clearly has no idea or interest in much of what he's reading. It's very lowbrow.

Probably because they don't have a third on-air talent (like Artie), the conversations each day tend to repeat certain themes, over and over. In the past, they'd pick one day to rip Harvey Weinstein; now it's a half-hour each day for 2 weeks. Same with R. Kelly, or the voice of Kermit. Every bit seems to go on too long; Shuli, Ronnie, JD, gay talk, transsexual talk.

Today, and old classmate of Robin's called-in, and they spent maybe 5 minutes recalling old times. Well, Howard was jumping out of his skin! It was just so insufferable for him, to put up with 5 minutes of this; poor poor Howard! He had to spend the next 10 minutes telling the world what Robin just put him through; he almost couldn't survive. Like having to pee in a public restroom.
When Howard pitched Sirius, he promised six minutes of commercials per hour max. Wonder what it is up to now? Howard was lavishing praise on Shuli this week for his wonderful work with the whack pack. So unfunny. So frown inducing. I like a good Howard rant... I like the monster Howard when there is scared silence in the studio but haven't gotten any of that lately. Speaking of a guy who can't read a menu, Howard had someone in last week who made reference the Hudson News stands in the New York airports. Howard did not know what they were. Someday Howard should have a frank conversation with Fred about when he feels compelled to do forced laugh.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
...Probably because they don't have a third on-air talent (like Artie), the conversations each day tend to repeat certain themes, over and over...

Having a funny addict prone to lying in the Jackie/Artie chair is definitely missed, especially for Artie. I find getting wasted on the road, frequenting prostitutes to be interesting radio. Shame how demons ended his run.

I think it's Howard's ego that prevents him from filling the chair. He thinks he's interesting on his own. This is ironic, because his strength to me was to surround himself with interesting people.

Reactions: JHDK