Week of 1/6: Live!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
*Puts on deep announcer voice...*

We are LIVE in a new decade (depending how you look at it) with The Howard Stern Show!

On today's show, they opened with an "Auld Lang Syne" version of "Great American Nightmare." Howard then talked about the death of Don Imus, the Golden Globes and how Ricky Gervais got bleeped and how Howard is over award shows, some Oprah stuff, the Cats movie bombing and the staff Christmas party.

Later on in the year, we will undoubtedly get political talk and... everyone's favorite... CONTRACT RENEWAL! Boff'f contract is up on 12/31. His last week is 12/12 through 12/16... 12/16 is the 15th anniversary of his last day on FM.

Last edited:

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Let's lay odds that howard renews, resigns, or renews but for how long?

I have renews on a yearly basis, while doing 3 days with a three hour show runtime.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Let's lay odds that howard renews, resigns, or renews but for how long?

I have renews on a yearly basis, while doing 3 days with a three hour show runtime.

I don't think he's done. When he left for Sirius, it was known over a year in advance. Of course, he wanted to hype the move and the new medium, but I bet if he's truly done, we'll know well in advance. He wants to make sure his staff is in good hands.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
We'll see, we'll see. He doesn't tell the audience much about vacation dates except for xmas. Of course we know more or less when he's off. I thing it would be cool if they did the last day with no one knowing about it til the day of.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
We'll see, we'll see. He doesn't tell the audience much about vacation dates except for xmas. Of course we know more or less when he's off. I thing it would be cool if they did the last day with no one knowing about it til the day of.

Kinda like Bubba's situation when he said "stay tuned" and it turned out to be FM replays with Fridays uncensored on Sirius?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
In other news, I think it was today (possibly yesterday) when Howard mentioned the titty dresses again.

It was so weird to hear them talk about Ronnie and not have him bust in to yell his side. During this segment, Fred seemed slow with the drops. I guessed a few and there was a noticable pause like "Fred, where are you?"

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I love Fred, probably my favorite of the original 4, but he's been slacking for the last 3 years at least. I think he has too many drops to select from now. When he just had tapes, or even the early sirius years he would end up just playing jackie's nutty laugh over and over which kept the comedy gassed up. Now he plays the appropriate clip just once.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I love Fred, probably my favorite of the original 4, but he's been slacking for the last 3 years at least. I think he has too many drops to select from now. When he just had tapes, or even the early sirius years he would end up just playing jackie's nutty laugh over and over which kept the comedy gassed up. Now he plays the appropriate clip just once.
I'm just guessing, of course. But I think Fred would do whatever is asked of him... more voices, more comments, more guitar playing., more skit scripts.... But THSS is pretty structured now... Sal and Richard's amateurish and unfunny bits to start the show, Howard and Robin riff a little (my favorite part and what I could listen to for four hours), an interview, news, go home... If there is no interview then it is staff members throwing each other under bus or Howard ridiculing JD or someone else on staff, none of which is very funny...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Unless it's a Ronnie bit...or if Robin is involved, they play that drop several times.

Too bad they can't get the Brent Hatley songs Ned and Manson did...they do his theme all the time and speaking of themes, JDs techno theme? But of course not.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The infamous phrase was "in some capacity".

Indeed it was. It's so sad that he burned that bridge so hard. Even if it wasn't Howard's channel, there has to be space for him somewhere.

I caught a bit of the Bennington show replay on Sunday. He was talking to some woman (a co-host?) and I had to turn it off. Then again, I'm sure tuning into the middle of the conversation didn't help any. No, I'm not saying kick Ron off, but if they have something for everyone...why not uncensored Bubba with his Liquid Ass and fan and all that.