Various Thoughts

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm listening to the whole "Richard at the Super Bowl" and he promised to take a shower every day for a year if the Chiefs won.

That year ended earlier this year. There's no way he kept it up.

And of course that hillbilly went nutso when Papa John walked by. It sounded like he was about to lose his voice just because the founder of Papa John's walked by.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Do we not have a Bubba sub-forum anymore?

Anyway, a few days ago Youtube recommended the Bubba live stream to me so I watched for like half an hour. Since then I've been watching a bunch of Bubba Youtube clips. I forgot how much I like his show. And since it's been so long I am seeing his current supporting cast for the first time. These people are new to me.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Do we not have a Bubba sub-forum anymore?

Anyway, a few days ago Youtube recommended the Bubba live stream to me so I watched for like half an hour. Since then I've been watching a bunch of Bubba Youtube clips. I forgot how much I like his show. And since it's been so long I am seeing his current supporting cast for the first time. These people are new to me.

We do have a Bubba forum, but it's a bit buried. I haven't regularly listened in over a year.

I saw a bit of one of the recent uncensored shows on YouTube. It was him, Blitz, some woman and someone else. I think Lummy is still around. It just sounds like Bubba is a terrible HR/manager person to have that rotating cast. It can be a chore to keep up with who's around, who left, etc. Looking back on it, I'm surprised there wasn't ever any legal action for the human fireworks challenge...then again, you know Bubba protected himself with all sorts of disclaimers.

I found this guy's podcast a few days ago. Manson shed some light on "behind the scenes" stuff and how he was doing radio in Iowa before Bubba came along.

But Ned has always been by his side. Manson has always been behind Ned, giving him a reach around. And yes, Manson would always leave the show during the whore segments to keep faithful to Donna.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
We do have a Bubba forum, but it's a bit buried. I haven't regularly listened in over a year.

I saw a bit of one of the recent uncensored shows on YouTube. It was him, Blitz, some woman and someone else. I think Lummy is still around. It just sounds like Bubba is a terrible HR/manager person to have that rotating cast. It can be a chore to keep up with who's around, who left, etc. Looking back on it, I'm surprised there wasn't ever any legal action for the human fireworks challenge...then again, you know Bubba protected himself with all sorts of disclaimers.

I found this guy's podcast a few days ago. Manson shed some light on "behind the scenes" stuff and how he was doing radio in Iowa before Bubba came along.

But Ned has always been by his side. Manson has always been behind Ned, giving him a reach around. And yes, Manson would always leave the show during the whore segments to keep faithful to Donna.

How do you get to it?

My favorite clips I watched yesterday involved some crazy guy showing up at his gate right when the woman was pulling in for the show. He literally threatened to cut Bubba's throat. Then a few of the guys came out with their guns to back her up and got him to leave in his plate-less Explorer. Then the next clip was Bubba and his entourage going to court to get a restraining order against the guy and they were successful. They made many jokes about Bubba in court and for once actually being the plaintiff.

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Well, ok, it's technically a RadioIO forum, which I guess was created to discuss all things from Tom Bean's venture...but since everything else from RadioIO (all those music channels) closed up, it could probably be renamed or something.

And yes, I did like their instrumental/relaxation station. It was a good alternative to SiriusXM, as Spa started playing songs with vocals.

Reactions: JHDK

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
My office mate is out this week so I'm catching up on old Stern shows again. Today it's 5/1/02.

Crazy Cabbie
May 1, 2002

"I don't pay taxes ... No, I don't pay taxes ... You know what? I'll pay taxes when the government fixes my Gulf War Syndrome."

NY Post
May 14, 2005

A federal judge blasted DJ “Crazy Cabbie” for making bizarre on-air boasts that he didn’t pay his taxes during the Howard Stern Show as he sentenced the radio personality to a year in prison for failing to give Uncle Sam his due.

The normally wisecracking Cabbie stayed silent yesterday – his eyes welling with tears – as Brooklyn federal Judge John Gleeson rejected defense lawyers’ arguments that he’d made a “foolish mistake” in not paying his taxes and should be spared prison time.

“It’s not just a foolish mistake. It’s a crime,” Gleeson said, finding that Cabbie’s case was made more serious by his public bragging.

The 36-year-old DJ, whose real name is Lee Mroszak, pleaded guilty last year to misdemeanor charges for failing to file tax returns from 2000 to 2002 on more than $400,000 in income.

• Haha
Reactions: scotchandcigar

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I had a dream the other night where I was talking to Howard off-air and he was in an "ask me anything" mode.

I asked him why Howard 360 never really was fully realized. In reality, it was hyped up as some sort of video project, but it turned out to be shorter clips on YouTube and the app.

In the dream, Howard said it turned out to be bigger than realized and things got more complicated when one of the "guys at Sirius" who was behind the project got really sick (like near death) and had to retire from Sirius.

Whatever.

It still would have been nice to have full access to the uncensored E! and CBS shows or whatever Howard360 was supposed to be. If he really was gung-ho about it, HBO Max would be a nice outlet.

In reality, I'd be shocked if he's back in the studio this year.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Kelly Clarkson is on Jimmy Fallon right now and she was talking about working out and riding a Peloton.

Un-PC opinion: There's no damn way she works out.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Stop what you're doing. Go on the SiriusXM app and check out the videos in the Howard Stern section.

The video where Coolio does Gangsta's Paradise is up there. It's from October 13, 1995. I've probably heard the audio 200 times through the years, but seeing Howard sing is epic.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Didn't Bobo have a friend who died on 9/11?

No. He didn't.

But that doesn't mean Bobo isn't a stooge.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
What the hell ever happened to Eron? He was the guy who helped/assisted/whatever Riley Martin.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Fun movie fact. Remember the movie cruel intentions with reese witherspoon, ryan phillpe, and the jew broad that fights vampires, Sarah michelle gellar?

Guess which stern show member has a small part and one line of dialogue?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Hannah Waddingham is at the Emmys and she just won some award for Ted Lasso....and she has a titty dress on. It's amazing they're actually contained.

Kaley Cuoco and Lucia Aniello too.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Private Parts is now available on HBO Max. It's scheduled to air on the Cinemax TV channels, but there's no airings on any of the HBO TV channels over the next two weeks or so.