spring cleaning

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
We cleaned out the garage as soon as it was warm enough.

I've been recruited by aunt Sally and uncle Paul to help them clean out their garage this Sunday. They are getting it resurfaced. Paul has a cast on his foot these days so he needs some help...they are also in their mid 60's so I'm happy to help. It will be nice to see them too. I plan to go to Disney after since this is the last week before my awful 2 month blackout. Then I will go back in 2 weeks to help them move it all back in.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Look at this old chestnut of a thread!

Anyway I've been at my place for 17 months. That entire time the second bedroom has been what I called the "junk room". It got the name because when I moved in I put everything I didn't immediately need in that room. All of that stuff has sat there for 17 months. I just kept the door closed and only went in when I was searching for something specific, further junking the junk room rummaging through bags and putting nothing back.

Today that changed. I finally decided to clean it. It really wasn't that bad. All told it probably took about 2.5 hours to get it looking like a normal room. I hauled off 5 trash bags worth of actual useless junk. It's nice to have the room looking good, although I really don't have much a need for it and doubt I'll use it very often.

I don't have a before pic so this after pic doesn't convey the massive transformation but just imagine a room with more or less the entire floor space covered in random items and bags.

Note how I have Christmas lights up in the window. I of course took all the others down in early January but figured why bother with the junk room? They're not really visible from the outside when turned off. Turned out to be a good call by me cause now I wont have to put them back up when I do the rest of the place back up for Christmas in like a month. Haha.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Look at this old chestnut of a thread!

Anyway I've been at my place for 17 months. That entire time the second bedroom has been what I called the "junk room". It got the name because when I moved in I put everything I didn't immediately need in that room. All of that stuff has sat there for 17 months. I just kept the door closed and only went in when I was searching for something specific, further junking the junk room rummaging through bags and putting nothing back.

Today that changed. I finally decided to clean it. It really wasn't that bad. All told it probably took about 2.5 hours to get it looking like a normal room. I hauled off 5 trash bags worth of actual useless junk. It's nice to have the room looking good, although I really don't have much a need for it and doubt I'll use it very often.

I don't have a before pic so this after pic doesn't convey the massive transformation but just imagine a room with more or less the entire floor space covered in random items and bags.

Note how I have Christmas lights up in the window. I of course took all the others down in early January but figured why bother with the junk room? They're not really visible from the outside when turned off. Turned out to be a good call by me cause now I wont have to put them back up when I do the rest of the place back up for Christmas in like a month. Haha.
Cool. That’s motivational. Just wait till you’ve been in the same place for 20+ years.
All the sudden you realize that you need to purge. We’ve been chipping away at our basement and attic.

Reactions: JHDK