spring cleaning

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
well thanks to bad mf'er i decided that id clean my place. wow, what a job! im a really sloppy bachelor these days and i just tried to tackle my master bedroom/bath and the living room. i spent about 2 hours doing each and it still looks like shit. dont get me wrong, its way better than it was, but i have a long way to go. i still have the guest room/bath and patio to go. then comes the touch ups.

can anyone relate? or am i the only slob trying to get the job done here on drc?

thanks...:big:

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Can't really relate with ya but I will wish you the best of luck..
21jt89g.jpg

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I started this weekend. I cleaned my office and I have about twice the room that I had before (at least it seems that way). I also put a dartboard up so now I have another thing to distract me. As it is I spend 90% of my waking hours in there (and some of my sleeping too).

I've been rearranging my kitchen for the past few months so no cleaning there. I do have to clean my basement though. Oh I did the garage a few weeks ago.

Then I have to do some more drywall work and put on some more baseboard. Also I have to do some stuff to my deck and my garage could use some walls (now it is bare studs).

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
thanks calypso :)

MF'er this is rough. since i started the thread i have pretty much been working. i work for like 40 mins then take about 40 mins off. the place looks way better. still have the guest room to do and then it will be full steam ahead to the odds and ends. who knew cleaning could make me sweat so much? btw/ all the bleach for the tiles and counter tops and patio is making me dizzy.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I did some pretty massive renovations last weekend - put up shelves in the laundry room and entry way closet. Both areas are still a mess and in the process of being organized:

51169578.jpg

37584223.jpg

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
can anyone relate? or am i the only slob trying to get the job done here on drc?

I lived with three other dudes in an apartment for a couple years back in college. The place was a biohazard by the time we moved out. Thankfully I live solo nowadays and the place is much, much cleaner.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I lived with three other dudes in an apartment for a couple years back in college. The place was a biohazard by the time we moved out. Thankfully I live solo nowadays and the place is much, much cleaner.

Back in college and had a similar situation. Spring cleaning meant basically the removal of about 10,000 empty beer cans/bottle from all over the house. It would stay clean for about a week.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
I've been cleaning up my apartment since the weekend. I'm about 25% done, this place is a fucking mess. I'm cleaning before and after work as much as I can but I sure am feeling my age. I'm doing a thorough cleaning and re-arranging of everything and it almost feels like I'm working out at the gym!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
sorry to restart my old ass thread but i thought it woul be better than starting a new one.

well...my current roommate left about a week ago. he was cool about it. he gave me 2 weeks and paid me all he owed. but i was shocked he left. he is a very good friend so i didnt think it would go down. but he did have very rational reasons. he has a bike and is going back to school so he cant risk missing classes due to fl rain. his new place is walking distance from the school hes going to. reasonable.

anyways i now need a new roomie and my place is a total mess. my carpet it a liquor stained grossness. i tried an art project on a wall where all i did what splatter 4 diff color paints all over it. ive been trying to clean up. its going ok but wo sirious renovations this place is still kinda embarrassing to show to someone not exactly like minded.

im thinking $450-550 a month will be cool with me. it will pay plenty. and i do live by fau so im guessing there will be some young kids who dont care.

what should i do all? let me know. thanks.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Wow your rommie, finally got loosed and escaped from your torture basement? :smug: If you need a maid, to clean up that mess. I know a woman name Betty. For real I hope you get a new roomie soon!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Wow your rommie, finally got loosed and escaped from your torture basement? :smug: If you need a maid, to clean up that mess. I know a woman name Betty. For real I hope you get a new roomie soon!

haha yea that bitch finally escaped his bonds while i was out. ill learn for the next time though.

really though i got some good cleaning done tonight. now i have a few more hours mopping an vacuuming before this place is even a quarter presentable.

we will see what happens. usually things seem to work out so im hoping that will happen again this time.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Time to resurrect a 2010/11 thread!

I mopped today. I think this was the second time I've done it since I've been paying rent here, including the 18 months or so when I wasn't really living here. Now that's it's just me and the other guy we kinda let the place get messy. So I swept and mopped the kitchen and entrance area today. I should probably do it again tomorrow. It looks a lot better but it's still not totally clean. Maybe I'll tackle my bathroom tomorrow too.

I clearly have a very busy daily schedule. Not sure how I'll be able to get it all done. :roflmao:

Reactions: sadchild

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Time to resurrect a 2010/11 thread!

I mopped today. I think this was the second time I've done it since I've been paying rent here, including the 18 months or so when I wasn't really living here. Now that's it's just me and the other guy we kinda let the place get messy. So I swept and mopped the kitchen and entrance area today. I should probably do it again tomorrow. It looks a lot better but it's still not totally clean. Maybe I'll tackle my bathroom tomorrow too.

I clearly have a very busy daily schedule. Not sure how I'll be able to get it all done. :roflmao:
I help vacuum and dust, but the wife mops about once a week. She uses this

1621437694513.png

The mop pads just go into the wash. It's super easy to use.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
We cleaned out the garage as soon as it was warm enough. But the leaves on the lawn never seem to go away, no matter how much we rake.