SiriusXM Catch of the Day

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
SiriusXM's new North Americana channel (359) just played As I See It by Carmanah, a six-piece band from Victoria, British Columbia. The video features lead singer Laura Mina Mitic (and her dog). She was filmed lip-synching the song at double-speed. Then the video.......well, you'll see.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Laura Mitic appears to be singing the song at normal speed but everything in the video is in slow motion. "Golly gee, Steven, how did they do that?" Here is a discussion of the technique at Cinematography.com:

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
mudc.jpg

This one came up on Deep Tracks and immediately sold me.

Vocally it reminded me of Dylan and Petty (I later learned it IS actually Petty).

And not that this will mean much to anyone because I'm referencing an obscure album, but lyrically and musically it was heart-tugging and gut-wrenching like the first two and last two songs on the Billy Falcon album I mentioned on my 333 -- mostly like "The Most Beautiful Girl In Town" and "Broken Dreams".

#284 Billy Falcon "The Little Girl Who Changed The World"

... he shelves the following album, then releases it 15 years later. THAT album has four songs on there that rip my heart out and make me eat it slowly, especially this one.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Suppose.......I accidentally got my shit together? Would I get a medal?
Or a pat on the back and a little featherI could stick in my cap.

I listened to MC 900’ Jesus a lot back in the day. Good stuff.

I’m digging Kickflipping! Haven’t heard it yet on Alt Nation, but will look for it.

Reactions: sadchild