Siriusly Sinatra (XM73)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Xm 73 / sirius 75: Playing Favorites

I am still lovin' this program: :buttrock:

Playing Favorites with Petula Clark
Tomorrow 6:00 pm ET (5/10/10)
Petula Clark made her first BBC appearance in 1939 ... the same year that Frank made his first recordings at a NY studio. Her career continues today with live performances around the world and CD sales of new and reissued recordings. Pet is a world-class entertainer, and she grew up loving Frank’s music. This week, she stops in to share her memories and pick out some of her favorite records by Frank and other top-flight artists. Only on Siriusly Sinatra. (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Thurs 5/13 9:00 am ET; Sat 5/15 3:00 pm ET

Playing Favorites with Freddy Cole
Mon 5/17 6:00 pm ET
Freddy Cole wanted to be an NFL player. An injury sidelined that dream, but led him to a career that continues 60 years later, singing and playing songs with a jazz overview and a direct and sweet vocal style. He’s Nat’s youngest brother ... that makes him Natalie’s Uncle Freddy. We welcome him to our studios to play records he loves a lot, only on Siriusly Sinatra. (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Thurs 5/20 9:00 am ET; Sat 5/22 3:00 pm ET

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
This channel has some great covers. Just listened to Annie Lennox doing Cole Porter's "Every Time We Say Goodbye" (several times on repeat) and it was just amazing.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Mrs. goreds2 and I were alone last night and had a BBQ together on the patio. I put on this channel and she actually liked it. It is a great back ground type music channel while having conversation. I kept up with the Reds game score via the sports ticker on the XM MyFi. :bigthumbup:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Nancy Sinatra Birthday Surprise

Fri 6/11 12:00 am ET
This week, Nancy celebrates a milestone birthday, and we surprised her Sunday night following her Nancy for Frank show on Siriusly Sinatra. We put together three hours of friends and family wishing her well and playing some of their favorites from her catalog of recordings … and we did it all behind her back! Her daughters, sister, brother and mom join with Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis, James Darren, Connie Stevens, Regis Philbin, Andy Williams, Burt Bacharach and many more stars and pals for a stellar show and a heartfelt wish to this wonderful woman. If you missed it, we’re giving it an extra spin so you can join the party! (3 hrs)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Love the Show Playing Favorites

Playing Favorites with Nan Schwartz
12/4/10 - Today 3:00 pm ET
Description: Last November, we aired a show of music picked by Grammy winning arranger Nan Schwartz and our listeners loved it. Nan’s father was Willie Schwartz, the sax and clarinet man who Nelson Riddle and Billy May came to count on to give Frank’s records a special sound. He’s the man who helped Glenn Miller create a signature feel that changed the course of popular music in the 1930’s. And Nan’s mother was Peggy Clark, one of Tommy Dorsey’s Sentimentalists. No wonder Nan knows and loves this music so much. We’re pleased to re-air this hour of music and memories. (1 hr)

Playing Favorites with Ronnie Milsap
Mon 12/6 6:00 pm ET
Ronnie had 35 No. 1 country hits in his long, fabulous career. He also recorded an album of standards along the way, and he truly loves this music. Join Ronnie as he plays some of the performances by Frank and others that he like best. Only on Siriusly Sinatra! (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Thurs 12/9 9:00 am ET; Sat 12/11 3:00 pm ET

An All-Day Celebration ... Frank’s 95th Birthday
Sun 12/12 12:00 am ET
December 12, 1915. Hoboken, NJ. Francis Albert Sinatra was born... and our lives would never be the same. We’re celebrating the life, the legacy and the music of the greatest performer of any generation. Listen all day for a special edition of Nancy for Frank with Nancy Sinatra at 5pm ET as well as encores of the most requested Chairman’s Hour and Playing Favorites series. You’ll hear live performances and Frank’s finest studio moments from every phase of his career. Jonathan Schwartz will be reminiscing and playing some of Frank’s most rare and precious recordings between 12 pm and 4 pm ET. And Frank Sinatra Jr.’s classic renditions of his father’s work will shine when we broadcast As I Remember It at 10 am and 10 pm ET.

Listen all day for music and memories as we salute the Chairman of the Board... on Siriusly Sinatra (All Day)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
The 41st Annual Jonathan Schwartz Christmas Show
Sun 12/19 12:00 pm ET
It’s a holiday tradition: Each year, Jonathan gathers friends together for literate talk and high-level music as they ring in the holiday week. This year, expect visits from John Pizzarelli and his wife, Jessica Molaskey. Also on tap, Tierney Sutton, Broadway great Howard McGillin and many more of Jonathan’s closest and most glittering New York pals. Not to be missed! (4 hrs)

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Siriusly Sinatra (XM73)
One of my listening favorites over the last year.

My favorite Sinatra songs are:
It's Was A Very Good Year
I Got You Under My Skin
I've Got The World On A String
Summer Wind
My Way

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Siriusly Sinatra (XM73)
One of my listening favorites over the last year.

My favorite Sinatra songs are:
It's Was A Very Good Year
I Got You Under My Skin
I've Got The World On A String
Summer Wind
My Way

Summer Wind rules!

He does a great cover of Send In The Clowns.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Good Show

Third Generation with AJ Lambert
Tonight 10:00 pm ET
We love it when Frank’s granddaughter comes by with her CD collection (and sometimes vinyl) to play her favorites by Frank along with contemporary artists that might catch you by surprise. This month, she dips way back for some Harry James in the 1930s and then drops in bands like Wilco, and one from Rock’s Golden Age, Captain Beefheart! It’s a show filled with surprises and great music, presented by one of the nicest people we know, AJ Lambert.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I do not listen to this channel much but when I do it is usually this program. Love to hear the guest DJ comments.

Playing Favorites with Andy Williams
A legendary performer, Andy stopped by to pick out some music and host this show for us. We were thrilled to meet him and hear what his reflections were on Frank and the Great American Songbook. Plus, we twisted his arm and got him to play a couple of his own stellar recordings. If you missed the first airing of this show, we are presenting it again for your enjoyment.

Playing Favorites
Mondays 6 pm ET
Rebroadcasts Thursdays 9 am & Saturdays 3 pm ET

Each week, a guest celebrity host plays their favorite music from Frank Sinatra and other artists who celebrate the Great American Songbook, sharing with you what it is that makes these songs so special.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Program Alert

This show was moved to '40son4 as of this week

Jonathan Schwartz Show: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm

For over 35 years, Jonathan Schwartz has studied the Great American Songbook as a fan and scholar. He's also a singer with three albums to his credit who performs in New York's most prestigious cabarets, a columnist for GQ and The Village Voice, and a music correspondent for NBC and five-time author.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sinatra-Best-Frank/dp/B005HR04HK/ref=pd_sim_m_4]Amazon.com: Sinatra: Best of the Best: Frank Sinatra: Music[/ame]

Best of the Best with Frank Sinatra Jr.
Saturday 11/12 9 pm ET
On this special show, Frank Sinatra Jr. walks us through selections from the new compilation album, Best of the Best, featuring many legendary performances by his father. Frank Jr.’s intimate memories and consummate knowledge combine for an intriguing, entertaining hour, only on Siriusly Sinatra.

Rebroadcasts Mon. 11/14 12 pm ET, Tues. 11/15 10 am ET, Wed. 11/16 3 pm ET, Fri. 11/18 7 pm ET, Sat. 11/26 10 am ET, Thurs 12/1 2 pm ET, Fri. 12/9 9 pm ET, Mon. 12/12 8 am & 8PM ET, Wed. 12/14 5 pm ET, Tues. 12/20 8 am ET, Sat. 12/24 11 am ET, Fri. 12/30 4 pm ET